Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:06:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown  (Read 5532 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »

I want to now take the opportunity to endorse Turkisblau for re-election to the Legislative Council. He has done a fine job as speaker and quite a fair amount of heavy lifting, not to mention taking me to task, when necessary, and keeping us all accountable. I cannot express my support for the Speaker strongly enough and I exhort all Pacificans to give him another term!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »

I will follow Governor Varavour's lead here, and also endorse you for a second term, Türkisblau. We might disagree on a few issues, but you are an active and encouraged officeholder, and this is what the Pacific needs. Absolutely endorsed!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 08:47:05 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2015, 08:52:23 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

On the Attack

Türkisblau at his reelection announcment rally, Reno, Nevada

A pall has been cast on our region, again. One of complacency.

Although strides have been made during the first half of our current council session, with my leadership we have passed farm relief legislation that included a profound provision for micro-farming introduced by Councilor Gully Foyle, a sensible abortion restrictions bill that was passed unanimously by the council, and school reform legislation that was crafted to give our citizens more opportunities while at the same time making the playing field even for everyone.

I am proud to say that the council in the past month has been more productive than the previous 2 months that the council had been in session.

However, the past couple weeks have shown our region being lulled into the same feeling of complacency that had doomed all progress beforehand, and the next council election appears to not be shaping up to be a force of change that we desperate need.

Councilor Paleobrazilian has not posted since January 10th while Councilor Gully Foyle has been unresponsive to many attempts by myself to contact him. Of the declared candidates for council in the next election, Intell (TPP-CA) appears to be the most promising, bringing new ideas and a pragmatic philosophy to the table. The other declared candidate, Spamage, provided his service on our council as Speaker but quickly grew inactive and eventually resigned in disgrace. Previously, he resigned from the Midwest Assembly as Councilor.

I do not care about Former Speaker Spamage's political party, which happens to align with mine. I care about his record which shows a consistent non-committal attitude towards the offices that he attains. I urge more options for our upcoming election.

Comments made on the makeup of the upcoming council election aside, I would like to talk about current initiatives and what I will fight for in the next council session.

Türkisblau touring the Columbia River watershed

Recently I introduced the Restore our Rivers Act which provides a framework through which defunct dams are to be demolished to provide ways for once abundant salmon runs and other wildlife are to be restored through those areas. Contrary to what Governor Varavour has stated, a large proportion of dams do not benefit anyone anymore, with 80% surpassing their lifespan by 2020. More legislation such as this will come; we must balance the needs of our people with how we treat the world that we are living in.

The very first piece of legislation that I will be introducing will be the Governor's early childhood initiatives. These reforms to the way that our Region treats families with young children are invaluable and will provide a very large return on investment for the People.

Continued expansion of the funding that we put towards education and standing up for farmers and the downtrodden are positions that I will continue to take. Transportation initiatives that will help businesses and the People is another area that I am looking to craft legislation in.

I sincerely thank all my endorsees and again pledge my dedication to all those Pacificans that I represent, and hopefully will continue to represent.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

I appreciate your support for our Presidential campaign, and I endorse you on your continual work for the Pacific.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »

I condemn this senseless attack of me and will respond in due time.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »

It is not "senseless" to bring up your past of shirking your own duties.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »

The first time I resigned it was because one of my aunts shot herself. I was devastated and didn't have the time to deal with an online government simulation.

My second resignation was because school and work were taking up too much of my time. It's almost universally agreed that one's personal life takes precedence over the game, something you've probably yet to understand in your sole month here.

You attack my two resignations, and yet avoid talking about the other portions of my record. I served as Governor of this region twice and it was then the very body you're in charge of was first established.

Do you really think you're going to attract people to run for office, or even to the region with your harsh attitude? I honestly don't understand how someone who claims to be eager to help create activity in the region justifies attacking anyone who wants to be a part of governing it.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2015, 10:40:14 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

The first time I resigned it was because one of my aunts shot herself. I was devastated and didn't have the time to deal with an online government simulation.

My second resignation was because school and work were taking up too much of my time. It's almost universally agreed that one's personal life takes precedence over the game, something you've probably yet to understand in your sole month here.

You attack my two resignations, and yet avoid talking about the other portions of my record. I served as Governor of this region twice and it was then the very body you're in charge of was first established.

Do you really think you're going to attract people to run for office, or even to the region with your harsh attitude? I honestly don't understand how someone who claims to be eager to help create activity in the region justifies attacking anyone who wants to be a part of governing it.

I pointed out your past of resigning; I didn't know all the rationale however it has irked me that I've seen all that transpire and now you're running again... to the council session succeeding the one that you had been speaker of. I do hope that you are serious about governing. Early last December my father committed suicide in a hotel room halfway across the country so I know the feeling, and I apologize for not knowing the exact circumstances and I sympathize with all that has happened with you.

My point is: you can not expect to have your recent record being that of resigning and perpetuating the cycle of nobody caring about the region while having no one point it out. I urged for alternatives and a competitive election, although I do hope that if you are elected, you can serve admirably and set an example for all of us.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 10:10:03 AM »

Endorsed
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »

Endorsed
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »

I thought I had already endorsed you. Tongue

Endorsed!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 01:53:41 AM »

I thought I had already endorsed you. Tongue

Endorsed!

Thanks for the endorsements!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:58 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2015, 02:22:20 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Türkisblau on his way to the press conference

Apology

Private conversations that I have had on IRC have been leaked publicly by former governor and recent council candidate Spamage. I concur with Speaker Maxwell and GM Kalwejt when they state that leaking IRC logs is a practice that will only bring grief. I never expected those words to go anywhere outside of that private conversation; I would never want to hurt anyone in that way.

However, what has been done is done and I need to give a sincere apology to Spamage, Former President Averroes Nix, and my constituents. What was said and done happened in a time when I felt abandoned by the party that I love, The People's Party, and felt that I had to abandon the Party's goals to be reelected. I had dealt with my actions within The People's Party and thought that I had made amends with Spamage. I obviously have not .

I will take this time to say that I am sorry to Spamage - you did not deserve what I said about you; I hope that we can work together in the future. Nix - our relationship got off on the wrong foot when I initially joined the council and I regret what I have said about you. I hope things can begin anew. My constituents - what I said was entirely unbecoming of a councilor, nonetheless the Speaker of the Council. I assure you this will not happen in the future and hope that my record both as a legislator and a speaker in the 15th Council can restore the confidence that you have lost in me.

Council Election

The proclaiming of myself, Gully, and Spamage as the victors in the council election by Governor Simfan was a simple human error. It is not a conspiracy. I urge the residents of the Pacific Region to not come to any hasty, false conclusions about the good governor's intentions.

What worries me however is the slowness in officially announcing the correct results and Spamage's appointment. In fact, it has been a day since Justice Ebowed alerted the governor of the correct results and there still has been no action by the governor to certify Intell as the victor over Spamage when a strike was called in response to him! I urge Governor Simfan to give The People the correct results soon. In the case of Spamage's appointment, since the governor waited until after the election to replace absentee councilor Paleobrazilian I assumed whoever would win would be appointed. He appointed Spamage who has been proven to have lost to Intell. I do not see why the governor would not correct this mistake promptly.

I laud Governor Simfan's newly introduced bill on elections - I hope to discuss it in the 15th Council.

Strike

The United Farm Workers of America started a strike for a good reason although I disagree with the impetus for it - their economic condition is untenable. With a 9% unemployment rate, the Pacific Region is at the bottom in Atlasia. I have done what I think is right in the 14th Council, I passed farm aid and created an environmentally friendly jobs bill but that has obviously not been enough. I will be sitting down with Governor Simfan in the upcoming days to craft legislation that brings real solutions that can remedy our economic woes.

I have seen that the strikers have now temporarily stopped in respect to the recent terrorist attack in Nyman. I thank the head of the UFW for this kind and noble action; I hope we can bring solutions before it starts back up again.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 09:57:54 AM »

No harm done, no offense taken. TPP ought to be a party of harmony.

Thank you, Averroes. I will not forget in this in the future.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 02:04:51 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Statement on the Northeast Restoration of the "Arts" Act

Türkisblau with religious leaders during a march on Nyman

"Atlasians, Northeasterners, concerned citizens, I am here in Nyman today to show my solidarity with those that have come out here today to protest the abhorrent piece of legislation known simply as the Restoration of the "Arts" Act. Those in the Assembly of the Northeast as well as Governor Sawx have found it prudent to promote the arts through such bizarre acts like playing obscene, sexual music and dressing LGBT students as Mormons to sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic!

I fully understand why you all are so concerned. This legislation so foolishly forces all students in the Northeast Region, whether in public or private schools, yes that includes your religious schools, to listen to obscene music and see sexual images. Not only will the inappropriate music of a "Gay Pimp" be played but the poorly defined clause one of the bill states that they will play a "variety" of music; I don't even want to know what that entails. It is an affront to the common morality that so many in Atlasia and specifically in the Northeast hold dear. This is why I want all Atlasians to come out against this legislation and vote for candidates that will repeal this in the future and contact those that support it in order to provoke real change. I also urge you to stand with Senator Windjammer in his valiant fight against this bill.

Thank you, Nyman and may we restore decency to Atlasia once again."
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »

I join.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »

Thank you for joining the march, Windjammer. I hope that we can get NE officials to scrap or significantly alter this terrible piece of legislation.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

It's in the queue to be amended
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

Thank God. I still can not comprehend how it was passed in the first place.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2015, 08:00:25 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

OFFICE OF PACIFIC SPEAKER TÜRKISBLAU

Albuquerque, New Mexico

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STATEMENT ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF SPEAKER TÜRKISBLAU

On April 23rd, 2015 Speaker Türkisblau traveled to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to attend an annual summit on farming issues facing the residents of Oklahoma. Communication was kept with the Speaker all throughout the summit, and it was reported back by senior aides of the Speaker that it was going well all throughout, with issues such as drought, subsidies, and the minimization of the farming sector in comparison to others in the Midwest Region being discussed.

No report was has yet to be received back from the Speaker as of 5:47 MT on April 26, 2015 even though multiple attempts to contact the Speaker have been tried. This office has been unable to contact the directors of the summit and the cellular phones of aides of the Speaker as well as the Speaker's have been cut off. We believe that this may be related to the recent development of the Confederation of Atlasian States forming, a movement of which Oklahoma is a leading partner in.

Any more developments will be given out as we receive them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »

I would like to express my deep concern over this latest development and authorise the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command to take all necessary measures within the limits of the law to locate and ensure the safety of the Speaker of the Legislative Council.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies