Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted  (Read 9304 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »

The only person indicted in this case was the guy who filmed Garner's murder.

F**k all police.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:20:25 AM »

In these parts, black and white law enforcement –retired and academy instructors - say the take down of Garner was by the book. Apparently, officers are taught a hold that is on the side of the neck, blocking an artery, causing weakness and blackout so to hand cuff the non-responsive perp. of law enforcement orders. What’s more, the point that petty criminals do lie was confirmed at the point of mass confrontation – a person cannot speak if they cannot breath. It was not a choke hold that killed Garner.

The Charles Barkley doctrine in the end will unfortunately will also apply here.

I will admit that yes, I do tend to defend police. Not because my father was one, not because I grew up around them, but because nine times out of ten, their story actually is the accurate one.  

t_host1 is correct. What this case was had a heavyset angry male, being taken down by officers so that he could be handcuffed. Tragically, he died during it. It's not different than a comedian telling a joke so funny someone laughs until they have a heart attack. It's sad, but it's not the fault of the comedian who told the joke.

This was clearly a "suspect is down, handcuff him...oh s*it...he's dead." You CAN NOT bring that to a Grand Jury. The video of the trooper at the Gas Station, YES. You can. But this, and Michael Brown and probably the case in Cleveland, the law is most certainly on the side of the police. That's why I defend them.

It's like when someone bitches about getting a speeding ticket. They say, "The cop gave me a ticket because he said I was speeding." You ask, "Where you?" They say, "Yes." Well then what is the problem? There is no issue. You sped, the cop did his job and upheld the law, end of story.

The only thing that I adamantly deny is when you think I'm simply defending the cops because the other person is black. Do you think if Michael Brown did what he did but had white skin and the cop was a black man, do you think I'd be on here crying over Michael Brown? You know me better than that. It has NOTHING to do with race. I'm being honest. Hell, I have no shame, I would tell you if it did.

"Cops are just doing they're job! If they kill you during it then whoopsy-daisy!, you shouldn't have been doing minor crimes Smiley"

You're disgusting
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:28:24 AM »

I don't think it's clear that he was resisting arrest. First of all, he was saying, "Don't touch me." That suggests he was still trying to communicate with the two officers- from his standpoint, it hadn't escalated beyond discussion. There was no attempt on his part to escape or defeat the officers in a physical confrontation. At most, he waved his arms around and turned his body while trying to talk with the officers. This is why, the break in the video is important, IMO. Was it clearly communicated to him, that he was in fact, under arrest, and that failure to comply would result in physical escalation? In other words, a warning? I think part of why this video is so explosive is that it seems to happen with no warning.

I know this may not sound PC, but at minimum, why do low-income neighborhoods seem to have this issue with people mouthing off to cops?

Let me attempt to do this without sounding insensitive, although I know it's difficult but I'm trying to make a point here.  Even an ACLU person would tell someone, even if you feel your constitutional rights are being violated, you save it for the COURTROOM, you don't mouth off on the streets.

Wouldn't it benefit society as a whole if these lower end neighborhoods would understand this?

I haven't seen the grand jury testimony, but my opinion is that he was not in an actual "chokehold" because he was able to speak clearly.

Because lower class people have witnessed enough to know that cops aren't to be respected or trusted.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »

Naso seems to finally have some company.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/peter-king-eric-garner_n_6265748.html

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.

"If he had not had asthma, and a heart condition and was so obese, almost definitely he would not have died from this," King told CNN's Wolf Blitzer during an interview.

Even though video captured Garner saying that he couldn't breathe as officer Daniel Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold and wrestled him to the ground, King said that "police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition."

"The fact is if you can't breathe, you can't talk," King said. "If you've ever seen anyone resisting arrest, I've seen it, and it's been white guys, and they're always saying, 'You're breaking my arm, you're choking me, you're doing this,' police hear this all the time."

Sometimes I forget that Peter King is a complete monster.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies