Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cop in Eric Garner's death not indicted  (Read 9286 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 03, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

If you're black in this country, you better do your damnedest to follow every order the cops bark at you. If you don't they will kill you and face no legal repercussions for it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »

The chokehold was banned in '93.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/24/nyregion/kelly-bans-choke-holds-by-officers.html
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »

I can't wait to hear Reaganfan's comments on this.

What a stupid comment.  If you can't see the horrific difference between this and the Ferguson case ... Well, you're stupid.  This is caught on camera and the cop is BLATANTLY guilty.  I disagreed with the Ferguson decision too, but it's moronic to lump people who defend this (no one I've seen yet...) and those who have doubts about the guilt of Officer Wilson together.  Come on.

Uh... dude... if you're really not expecting Naso to side with the (white) cops on this...

Well, just wait.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »

Staten Island is so vile sometimes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:32:59 AM »

In these parts, black and white law enforcement –retired and academy instructors - say the take down of Garner was by the book. Apparently, officers are taught a hold that is on the side of the neck, blocking an artery, causing weakness and blackout so to hand cuff the non-responsive perp. of law enforcement orders. What’s more, the point that petty criminals do lie was confirmed at the point of mass confrontation – a person cannot speak if they cannot breath. It was not a choke hold that killed Garner.

The Charles Barkley doctrine in the end will unfortunately will also apply here.

The chokehold he used is illegal in New York and the autopsy ruled it a homocide. Also, please consider just going away.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »

I can't wait to hear Reaganfan's comments on this.

What a stupid comment.  If you can't see the horrific difference between this and the Ferguson case ... Well, you're stupid.  This is caught on camera and the cop is BLATANTLY guilty.  I disagreed with the Ferguson decision too, but it's moronic to lump people who defend this (no one I've seen yet...) and those who have doubts about the guilt of Officer Wilson together.  Come on.

As for the OP, wow this is disturbing.  That cop should VERY CLEARLY be criminally charged...

Naso has posted. Enjoy?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:41:29 AM »

It seems that many prominent conservatives aren't even drinking the pro-police Kool-aid on this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/eric-garner-conservatives-chokehold_n_6264886.html
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »

They're not right "90% of the time" anyway. That's just made-up nonsense.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

It seems that many prominent conservatives aren't even drinking the pro-police Kool-aid on this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/eric-garner-conservatives-chokehold_n_6264886.html

Why would they?  Stop being pathetic and politicizing a death.  No conservative on here besides that ONE poster with a very clear bias toward cops has said ANYTHING defending the police.

It's a political website and it's a political issue (in addition to being a moral one), so quit your bitchin'.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 02:30:50 AM »

I don't claim to know all the facts (and won't be able to know anything more than was on the video until the grand jury transcript is released), but inasmuch as 1) Garner was committing a petty crime (selling cigarettes illegally), and the cops felt the need to handcuff him nevertheless, and when he resisted, shoved him to the ground, and then the cop uses a choke hold that is against police policy and unnecessary to boot, and then Garner says he can't breathe, and the choke hold continues even though there was no life threatening situation here to the cops, then 2) assuming the choke hold was the cause of death, my tentative view is that we have a case of criminal manslaughter here, to wit, gross negligence that showed a reckless disregard for human life that shocks the conscience, and thus rises from a civil tort to the level of a criminal act. So if causation can be shown, it seems to me that we do indeed have a miscarriage of justice here, in a way that is far clearer than the Brian Wilson episode in Ferguson. JMO.  

Well said but I think you're referring to the Darren Wilson episode not the Brian Wilson episode. I don't believe that any of the Beach Boys were involved in that incident.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »

Why would they?  Stop being pathetic and politicizing a death.  No conservative on here besides that ONE poster with a very clear bias toward cops has said ANYTHING defending the police.

It's a political website and it's a political issue (in addition to being a moral one), so quit your bitchin'.

You held your OWN expectation that conservatives would take whichever stance you disagreed with and when they didn't, you said *even* conservatives aren't defending the police.  Even when everyone agreed, you had to toss out some partisan, trash comment.

Not everyone agrees though. Obviously. This thread alone has proved that. But please continue your faux outrage, it's actually becoming quite amusing at this point.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2014, 10:51:30 PM by Eraserhead »

Peter King represents an Obama district. Hopefully, with this awful comment, he can be replaced by somebody far better.

Maybe if the Democratic Presidential candidate loses in '16 he can be dethroned in '18 or '20 but even then it'd be a long shot at best sadly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies