America with Greek Parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  America with Greek Parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America with Greek Parties  (Read 1485 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »

Just a few comments:  A more accurate translation of LAOS would be Populist Orthodox Rally or People's Orthodox Rally.  A similar party in the U.S. could be named the Christian People's Party.

The Independent Greeks aren't really socially conservative or anti-immigration.  They're rather moderate and probably to the left of ND on most social issues.

I don't think Greece currently has a Libertarian (or European Liberal) party in the parliament.  Former PM Mitsotakis was a European Liberal and I suppose the Mitsotakis faction in ND could be described as the liberal faction, but ND is quite a conservative party overall.

SYRIZA never supported the Soviet Union.  The predecessor of Synaspismos, KKE Interior were eurocommunists and was founded in the '80s if I am not mistaken by KKE members who didn't want to have anything to do with the USSR.  SYRIZA itself was created after Synaspismos and several other small parties and political organizations united at the Genoa anti-WTO protests.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies