People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:02:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald  (Read 9247 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »

I think we would benefit from seeing the referenced second chat log between Bacon King, Flo and the alleged LeBron FitzGerald. I am willing to allow time for Bacon King to return from his leave of absence but if it takes a while we may move on to the defense and return back to allowing you to call this witness.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »

This is the chat log in question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As can be gleaned from this exchange, the Governor not only did not deny that he contacted a Midwest citizen after the voter's ballot had been cast, but he also admitted his mistake.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

Okay Zuwo if that's everything, I'm go to alter the schedule slightly - I'll ask the defense to present their case and then we'll move on to witnesses for both sides after.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »

Associate Justice oakvale, Attorney General Zuwo,

Governor Lebron has simply been impersonated on the IRC. Nor myself, nor Governor Lebron know who, and we're not going to launch accusations against anyone without any proofs, but the nickname « lebronfitzgerald » in the chatlogs wasn't Governor LebronFitzgerald.. Governor Fitzgerald was going to win the recall relatively comfortably (60% of Ayes were indeed needed), so he had no reason to try to « intimidate » voters. We believe that someone, upset of the likely result of the recall election, impersonated him, in order to ruin Governor Lebronfitzgerald 's political life by sending him in jail.
Indeed, impersonating someone on IRC is quite usual. Many posters suffered because of someone who impersonated him. For instance, someone impersonated me recently, and fortunately, responsible citizens (Foucaulf and Snowguy) informed me about that :

Someone, who logged as « windjammer » and who wasn't me, tried to paint me as someone who received « red roses » from one of his friends. I never RECEIVED red rosed and in the case I would have received a red rose, I wouldn't have had this dumb reaction :  « maybe it is a friendly gift ? ».

So, considering everyone could have logged on the IRC with the username «lebronfitzgerald », I believe these logs can't be considered as a proof for this trial. Governor LebronFitzgerald is indeed a victim, someone trying to impersonate him in order to send him in jail.

That's why LebronFitzgerald isn't guilty of having « intimidated » Midwest citizen Gustaf.

Best regards,
Attorney Windjammer
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »

Thanks, Windjammer. Do you wish to call any witnesses? If not I'll allow both of you a chance to respond to each other's arguments.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »

Thanks, Windjammer. Do you wish to call any witnesses? If not I'll allow both of you a chance to respond to each other's arguments.

Thank you oakvale, I will indeed call some witnesses. I have some persons in mind.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »

Thank you oakvale, I will indeed call some witnesses. I have some persons in mind.

Okay great, feel free to call them and begin your questioning any time.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 01:51:48 PM »

The prosecution will be able to deal with the arguments made by attorney windjammer as soon as the witness, Senator Bacon King, is ready to be questioned. I will be able to react to the attorney's remarks on my own if necessary but, understandably, it would be preferable to have a witness present.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »

And by the way, when will Bacon King be back?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »

My first witness will be VEGA:

Vega managed to impersonate Lebronfitzgerald and be on mibbit at the same time.
See this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=204834.0

So Vega, can you confirm that please? Do you believe this is easy to impersonate someone on mibbit?

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »

I can confirm that. I do believe that the task of logging on to mibbit with the intent to impersonate somebody on mibbit is fairly easy.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »

Thank you Vega.
I don't have any other question for the witness.

Impersonating someone on the IRC is relatively easy, and Governor Lebron has already been impersonated in the past, by Vega for example.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

Hello I am back and willing to testify under oath regarding my evidence that it was genuinely LeBron in chat, and not an imposter, at the time in question. Should I go ahead and provide my evidence or wait until the defense rests?

BTW I'm sorry my absence interfered with the trial, being without internet was the worst.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »

I will let Attorney General Zuwo asking questions first Smiley.

I have obviously many questions for Senator Bacon King Smiley.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 04:38:49 PM »

I will ask my question to my witness as soon as Justice Oakvale directs me to do so. I could ask my question tomorrow at the earliest.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »

Go ahead whenever you're ready, ZuWo.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »

My question to witness Bacon King is quite straightforward:

Can we be certain that the person named "LeBronFitzGerald" in the chat logs is the Midwest Governor rather than someone trying to impersonate him?

For the record, Gustaf may be the second witness of the prosecution. If he is willing to testify I will pose my question to him as soon as I have heard back from him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 05:46:32 PM »

Yeah, I'm around and willing to answer questions.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 10:14:00 PM »

Can I be officially put under oath plz Justice Oakvale
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 11:37:32 AM by oakvale »

Repeat the following -

I, Bacon King, swear that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »

I should also note that since Vega is not an Atlasian citizen it was not appropriate to call him as a witness, though since his testimony consisted of merely affirming he attempted to impersonate Mr. FitzGerald I don't think it's a major problem. I will however ask that both sides refrain from attempting to call non-Atlasian witnesses in the future.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »

I should also note that since Vega is not an Atlasian citizen it was not appropriate to call him as a witness, though since his testimony consisted of merely affirming he attempted to impersonate Mr. FitzGerald I don't think it's a major problem. I will however ask that both sides refrain from attempting to call non-Atlasian witnesses in the future.

In which way is it illegal, I don't understand???
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 01:23:32 AM »

If I may interrupt, your honor, I would point out that Vega only de-registered on December 28, well after this this trial thread came into being.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »

In which way is it illegal, I don't understand???

It would be inappropriate to allow a witness who effectively does not exist in Atlasian terms and is thus not subject to our laws against perjury, contempt of court etc.

If I may interrupt, your honor, I would point out that Vega only de-registered on December 28, well after this this trial thread came into being.

Thanks for the information, Mr. Registrar General, however I don't think it's particularly relevant - the issue is whether Vega was an Atlasian citizen as of the time of his testimony.

As I said, I don't think it's a major issue since his testimony was fairly insubstantial.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yet this lawsuit is based on something that presumably happened outside Atlasia. I don't think IRC is part of Atlasia. It efffectively doesn not exist in Atlasia terms.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies