People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:26:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald  (Read 9246 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yet this lawsuit is based on something that presumably happened outside Atlasia. I don't think IRC is part of Atlasia. It efffectively doesn not exist in Atlasia terms.

The medium through which the communication took place is fairly immaterial in that regard, given that the people involved (allegedly or otherwise) were full citizens of Atlasia.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

I, Bacon King, swear that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 02:18:12 AM by Bacon King »

Can we be certain that the person named "LeBronFitzGerald" in the chat logs is the Midwest Governor rather than someone trying to impersonate him?

I know with almost absolute certainty that it was the Midwest Governor himself.

In the early morning hours of December 4th, 2014, I confronted LeBronFitzgerald in chat about his attempts to pressure Gustaf in to changing his vote.

As you can see, he does not reject the accusation but instead attempts to explain his crime as an "error", so this person with the username LeBronFitzgerald was clearly the same as the one who conversed with Gustaf. At this time I did a /whois of LeBronFitzgerald, which gave his host address as follows:

One's whois string is unique and based on their IP address and internet service provider. As an IRC op I pay close attention to this sort of thing, to prevent people from impersonating each other and to prevent problem posters from evading bans. I verify under oath that this whois address is the standard whois of the genuine LeBron and the internet connection he generally uses to access IRC, and has used for some time. If this user was not the genuine LeBron, then it must be someone using his internet connection.

(edit: fixing a broken quote tag)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 05:53:09 AM »

Associate Justice oakvale,
Can I ask my questions to Bacon King?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 05:53:47 AM »

Thank you, Bacon King.

While it is generally possible to impersonate other users of the Atlas Forum on the IRC, this has not been the case in the chatlogs in question. Based on the evidence we have seen we can say with near-absolute certainty that the person posting as "LeBronFitzGerald" was, in fact, the Midwest Governor.

My second and probably last witness is Gustaf, the Midwest citizen and voter who was approached by Governor LeBron FitzGerald. I want to ask him if he could verify that the person posting as "Gustaf" in the first chatlog was actually him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 07:08:57 AM »

Should I do the oath jazz as well?

Anyway, I hereby confirm that the person in the chatlog named Gustaf was indeed me. As I think you can tell from it I found it very confusing and odd.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 08:55:50 AM »

Thanks, Gustaf.

Windjammer, you can cross-examine Bacon King if you wish.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »

Thank you oakvale.

Senator Bacon King, I have many questions. The first will be:

The "mib-21945182.cl.ri.cox.net" , how can we be sure that you checked that during these chatlogs? I mean, do you realize that you could have simply taken the IP or something like that when Lebronfitzgerald was indeed on mibbit (like 4 days ago I don't know) and then claiming it was him during these chatlogs Attorney General Zuwo presented.

Considering you took screenshots of the convos with pastebin, I'm sure you took screenshots of this "IP" as well, could you post that please?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 11:49:56 PM »

Thank you oakvale.

Senator Bacon King, I have many questions. The first will be:

The "mib-21945182.cl.ri.cox.net" , how can we be sure that you checked that during these chatlogs? I mean, do you realize that you could have simply taken the IP or something like that when Lebronfitzgerald was indeed on mibbit (like 4 days ago I don't know) and then claiming it was him during these chatlogs Attorney General Zuwo presented.

You can be sure because I am literally swearing this under oath, under penalty of perjury, which is a genuine atlasian crime. Smiley The /whois check was made immediately prior to my PM concerning the incident to the Attorney General, which was sent on 2:40 AM forum time on December 4th of 2014. I had already posted the chat logs into pastebin, and only then thought to do a whois check to verify his identity. LeBron had not left the chatroom during the brief interval between when I asked him about his interaction with Gustaf, and when I sent the PM to ZuWo. Others in #atlasforum at the time can verify he did not log out during that brief interval.

This is the PM I sent to the Attorney General- ZuWo can verify.

Mr Attorney General-

As I have noted in your thread, it appears LeBron was actively intimidating voters in the recall election.

This chat log was sent to me: http://pastebin.com/8YqugZAH

This is not a fabrication, as I confronted him in chat about it and responded knowingly:

02:25   BaconKing   oh hey lebron
02:25   BaconKing   https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Re-Consolidated_Criminal_Justice_Act#Section_2:_Crimes_against_Atlasia
02:25   BaconKing   7. Intimidation of a voter into voting or not voting a certain way, or into invalidating one's vote, through credible threats to disclose personal information; or contacting voters with disinformation about the election process in order to prevent casting of a valid ballot.
02:26   BaconKing   I've been informed that you were erroneously questioning certain voters in the recall
02:26   LeBronFitzGerald   Tell Foucaulf that, not me.
02:26   BaconKing   ?
02:26   Flo   what?
02:26   LeBronFitzGerald   He forced his bf to vote against my recall.
02:26   Flo   he didn't exactly
02:26   Flo   tie snowguy to a chair
02:27   Flo   use torturous methods
02:27   Flo   to make him vote against you
02:27   BaconKing   http://pastebin.com/8YqugZAH
02:27   Flo   but uh
02:27   BaconKing   that's what i'm talking about
02:27   Flo   the governor questioning voters on how they voted
02:27   LeBronFitzGerald   I made a slight error.
02:27   Flo   after they voted
02:27   BaconKing   that is criminal
02:27   BaconKing   that is literally criminal
02:28   Flo   "the positioning"
02:28   Flo   what?

This is the real LeBron, not someone impersonating him, because a /whois shows he is connecting through his standard IRC host address: mib-21945182.cl.ri.cox.net

I am willing to testify under oath on all of the above. Furthermore, I believe he did the same thing to other voters, and that some of them fell for it, given the multiple voters with edited ballots. A trial would allow others to come forward and be questioned if that is indeed the case.

You are mistaken- I didn't take a screenshot, I copied the text from the chatlog into my clipboard and pasted it into a pastebin. This is what I did with the who is, except I just posted it directly into the PM with ZuWo instead of making a second superfluous pastebin document.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 04:29:27 AM »

I can confirm that Bacon King sent me the PM on December 4. The insinuation that he simply looked up the Governor's IRC host address a few days ago for the purpose of this trial and, in other words, has committed perjury, is moot; he hasn't.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

Senator Bacon King, I know you are an extremely intelligent person, and really, I believe that. So, I don't understand, why didn't you simply take any screenshot of that? I mean, considering you're extremely clever, you know that someone with bad intentions could easily take this "IP" or whatever it is few days ago before the discussion and then claiming that during this discussion, that was this IP shown? Why Senator Bacon King you didn't do that??? Why?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »

Senator Bacon King, I know you are an extremely intelligent person, and really, I believe that. So, I don't understand, why didn't you simply take any screenshot of that? I mean, considering you're extremely clever, you know that someone with bad intentions could easily take this "IP" or whatever it is few days ago before the discussion and then claiming that during this discussion, that was this IP shown? Why Senator Bacon King you didn't do that??? Why?

I didn't take a screenshot because it was literally just text - what's the point of screenshotting it? I didn't do it because I'm lazy and saving screenshots then uploading them would have taken too much of my time when it was almost 3 AM and I was ready for bed- I'm perplexed as to why you seem to think photographic evidence of a string of text is somehow a requirement here. There are multiple witnesses verifying each component of the prosecution's evidence. The whois that is uniquely attached to LeBron's IP was included in my PM to ZuWo on December 4th, which I quoted above. If you are implying that I am lying, you are doing the same for the Attorney General as well.

Furthermore, I also believe you are being incredibly unrealistic regarding the verifiability of evidence; an image of text can be faked just as easily as text itself, can it not? If I took a screenshot of the text I had already copy and pasted, for some reason, I'm sure you'd telling me something like this right now:

Quote from: Restricted
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »

Senator Bacon King,
It appears you didn't understand my question let me explain again.
Again, you're someone who is deeply intelligent, and really. So my question is, why don't you have simply taken screenshots like that:

You do realize all the problems that are occuring with simply copy and pasting things. The IP could have been "taken" before the chatlog happened.
So, why senator Bacon King?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »

I already answered the question in my previous post- it was late at night and I didn't want to pointlessly take the extra time. I provided the whois as an afterthought, just to be safe, at the end of my message to ZuWo- at that time I had no suspicion anyone had been impersonating LeBron. I performed the /whois check immediately before typing it. I did not use a /whois taken at any other time, as you seem to be implying.

The pasted text fulfills the Federal Atlasian governments requirements for evidence, listed in Section 7.5 of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

The accused made an admission of guilt in a place viewed by multiple persons, and recordings and testimony have been provided that verify it. I fail to comprehend this line of questioning.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »

I already answered the question in my previous post- it was late at night and I didn't want to pointlessly take the extra time. I provided the whois as an afterthought, just to be safe, at the end of my message to ZuWo- at that time I had no suspicion anyone had been impersonating LeBron. I performed the /whois check immediately before typing it. I did not use a /whois taken at any other time, as you seem to be implying.

The pasted text fulfills the Federal Atlasian governments requirements for evidence, listed in Section 7.5 of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

The accused made an admission of guilt in a place viewed by multiple persons, and recordings and testimony have been provided that verify it. I fail to comprehend this line of questioning.
Because it wasn't him who was in the chatlog during this time, someone impersonated him. And in order to prove it was him, you just copied pasted an IP, not any screenshot. It would have been easy to simply take the Lebron IP when he was indeed on mibbit and then claiming it was him during these chatlogs. Having made a screenshot like I did wouldn't have let "doubt" to exist. This is sad you didn't do that.

By the way, the guy who impersonated LebronFitzgerald on this chatlog just said "I made a mistake". I fail to see it can be considered as a "proof" of admission of guilt. Nothing was admitted during this chatlog. But that's just a detail after all, I mean, Lebronfitzgerald wasn't here saying that.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »

In other words, the argument of the defense hinges on the assumption that witness Bacon King (and possibly the Attorney General himself) committed perjury because the IRC host address that was posted is undeniably LeBron FitzGerald's.

Sorry if I say this prematurely but, in my humble opinion, unless there are new questions which don't simply make Bacon King repeat the exact same thing over and over again I think we are ready to enter the next stage of the trial.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »

In other words, the argument of the defense hinges on the assumption that witness Bacon King (and possibly the Attorney General himself) committed perjury because the IRC host address that was posted is undeniably LeBron FitzGerald's.

Sorry if I say this prematurely but, in my humble opinion, unless there are new questions which don't simply make Bacon King repeat the exact same thing over and over again I think we are ready to enter the next stage of the trial.
I didn't say that. I'm just discussing the fiability of this supposed proof. This supposed proof is simply not reliable for the reasons explained below (How can we be sure this IP has been talen during the chatlogs?). Like the chatlog with "I made a mistake" that is definitely not a declaration of guilt.

I have other questions.
Senator BaconKing, do you confirm that you once made a mistake by accusing TDAS04 of having created a sock account?
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=179360.0

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »

Mr. Attorney, while you didn't explicitly state that Bacon King (and myself, the Attorney General) lied to the Court when it was revealed that the Midwest Governor posted from the above-mentioned IRC host address during the chats, this is the only plausible explanation as to why the witness's testimony under oath should be dismissed.

And frankly, I don't see what we and the Court gain from making Bacon King answer your latest question and those questions that are likely to follow; I see the point you are going to try to make, which is that because Bacon King made a mistake nearly two years ago he must be an unreliable witness, but I consider this line of questioning to be frivolous and irrelevant.

I apologize to the Court for speaking up but I thought it was necessary. This is all I have to say for now.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »

Windjammer, I'm going to have to partially agree with the Attorney General here. Let's get to the point and not waste time asking Bacon King to confirm something from 2 years ago.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »

Fine.

I don't have other questions.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2015, 03:12:14 PM »

If there's nothing else, I'll ask the prosecution to present a closing summary, followed by the defense.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 04:11:25 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2015, 04:13:44 PM by ZuWo »

Several of us have spent the last weeks debating whether Governor LeBron FitzGerald did or did not contact voters of his region with disinformation about the election process, which is explicitly mentioned as a crime against Atlasia in the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, during last year's gubernatorial recall election in the Midwest.

I am convinced that the evidence the prosecution has presented undeniably shows that the Midwest Governor is guilty of that crime. Indeed, two chatlogs were presented, the first of which highlights that the Governor attempted to mislead Midwest citizen Gustaf by alerting him of an alleged mistake in his ballot, which, if Gustaf had tried to correct his "error", would have invalidated his vote. As has been pointed out, the "error" the Governor referred to was a negligible aspect concerning the layout of Gustaf's ballot that is very widespread in Atlasian voting booths and has never rendered a vote invalid. The second chatlog then suggests that the Governor, when confronted with the first chatlog, admits his guilt by saying that he made an error.

The defense, opting not to respond to the first part of the argument I outlined in the previous paragraph, has claimed that Governor LeBron FitzGerald was impersonated by an anonymous Atlasian citizen and was not responsible for the content of the chatlogs. However, this assertion was disproven when witness Bacon King testified under oath that the IRC host address of the person posting as "LeBronFitzGerald" clearly identified that person as the Midwest Governor. I was able to confirm that Bacon King sent me all the evidence including the Governor's IRC host address the same night the two chatlogs were created. Indeed, to doubt his testimony is tantamount to insinuate that Bacon King committed perjury and that I, the Attorney General, may have given false testimony as well. Importantly, the manner in which the witness chose to present the information he obtained, i.e. whether it was presented as part of a personal message or a screenshot, is ultimately irrelevant to the quality of the evidence.

I conclude my summary by thanking Justice Oakvale, Attorney Windjammer, the witnesses and the members of the jury for their time and attention.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:28 PM »

If it's ok I'd like to answer the remaining questions posed to me by the defense.

A. I did not use /whois data from before the incident occurred because I did not know it (and obviously did not know I would need it for a trial). I recognize the /whois of most IRC regulars when I see them, but I don't know them by memory nor do I have them saved or stored in any manner.

B. My erroneous sock accusation against TDAS is irrelevant- the IP was listed between posts by TDAS and the actual sockmaster, and I forgot which one the IP was supposed to apply to. To check on LeBron's legitimacy, I literally had to type in "/whois LeBronFitzgerald" so there was 0 possibility of such a mistake (or any)

C. I reiterate that a screenshot of a text string is no more reliable than a copy-paste of the text string itself. Your standards for evidence are unrealistically high.

D. OH NO WINDJAMMER ARE YOU MY SOCK
THAT'S MY IP LISTED UNDER YOUR NAME
IT'S A SCREENSHOT SO WE KNOW IT'S REAL

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »

Sorry for being slow, I'm busy irl. It will be psoted before the end of the week!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »

Sorry for being slow, I'm busy irl. It will be psoted before the end of the week!

Bump
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies