People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald  (Read 9186 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2015, 07:28:52 PM »

I know,  I know, sorry for the delay, this is almost finished!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »

Frankly, I'm getting impatient too. After all, this is just a closing summary, and I think it should be in everyone's interest to conclude this trial as soon as possible.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:16 PM »

Frankly, I'm getting impatient too. After all, this is just a closing summary, and I think it should be in everyone's interest to conclude this trial as soon as possible.

Yeah, it's been over a week.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2015, 05:38:15 PM »

Yeah, it's been over a week.
My computer imploded, and I just got a new computer, so thank you for being understandable.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2015, 03:43:39 AM »

Your computer problems are unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear about them. But, to put things in perspective, since I presented my closing summary 9 days ago you have made more than 50 posts, some of them quite long, on various sub-boards on a wide range of topics. That's why this delay seems unnecessary to me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »

Your computer problems are unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear about them. But, to put things in perspective, since I presented my closing summary 9 days ago you have made more than 50 posts, some of them quite long, on various sub-boards on a wide range of topics. That's why this delay seems unnecessary to me.
This isn't the same thing to post a message on this forum or to defend someone.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2015, 07:20:14 AM »

Sorry for having been so long, my computer basically « imploded ».

Governor LebronFitzgerald didn’t intimidate Gustaf, because it was simply not him during this chatlog. He was impersonated. Impersonating someone is quite common on IRC and while it is « usually » a joke, like this chatlog trying to make me even dumber than I am irl (ie not being able to understand that if a guy is offering a red rose, it would mean he is being in love of me), this time, the person who impersonated Lebron Fitzgerald was much more « malicious ». Lebronfitzgerald was winning the recall attempt against him. Someone impersonated him in order to make his political life miserable (court cases).

The only supposed proof we have is the IP or something like that of Mr Governor Lebron Fitzgerald. The problem is that there is absolutely no proof it was the IPs shown during the chatlogs. This IP could have been taken before the chatlogs and the someone with marvelous intentions could have claimed it was the IP shown during this chatlogs. Senator Bacon King should have taken a screenshot of that instead of simply copying pasting it. While Bacon King claims it is easy to fool someone with screenshots, he’s definitely wrong on that. It it easy to determine if a screenshot has been altered. A screenshot would have definitely been a valuable proof, because the copypasting of the IPs of LebronFitzgerald isn't.
If the jury declares Mr Governor Lebronfitzgerald guilty with so few proofs, it would set a really bad precedent. Indeed, as a somewhat occasional member of the IRC, I would start fearing that someone takes my IP or whatever it is when I would be indeed logged on mibbit, then creates a totally imaginary chatlog where thE guy who would impersonate me would do something illegal, and then would send that to the Attorney General, who would start prosecuting me.

And to conclude, I would like to speak a little about the second chatlogs Attorney Zuwo presented. If I understand clearly the accusation, the fact that the username « lebronfitzgerald » said « I made a mistake » would be a proof of the fact he’s guilty. He’s obviously not guilty because it wasn’t him and that someone was impersonating him. But even if it was him (which isn’t the case obviously), this isn’t a proof. « I made a mistake » isn’t a proof of guilt. The IRC is a chatroom, not a hearing at the Supreme Court, I made a mistake could have simply been said for something else like « Oh my God, I made a mistake, I missed the Justin Bieber concert ». The IRC is a chatroom where the users are generally intoxicated and constantly say « Ayy Lmao ». I don’t understand how Attorney General Zuwo could have used this chatlog as a proof. Of course what I’m saying is just a detail because Governor Lebron Fitzgerald was impersonated during this chatlog.
So, to conclude, my client LebronFitzgerald isn’t guilty because he has been impersonated and no concrete proof exists that could show it was him and not someone else.

I thank Associate Justice oakvale, Senator Bacon King, Attorney Generald Zuwo and Gustaf.

Best regards,
Mideast Senator and Attorney Windjammer
GAworth
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

Governor LebronFitzgerald didn’t intimidate Gustaf, because it was simply not him during this chatlog. He was impersonated. Impersonating someone is quite common on IRC and while it is « usually » a joke, like this chatlog trying to make me even dumber than I am irl (ie not being able to understand that if a guy is offering a red rose, it would mean he is being in love of me), this time, the person who impersonated Lebron Fitzgerald was much more « malicious ». Lebronfitzgerald was winning the recall attempt against him. Someone impersonated him in order to make his political life miserable (court cases).

The only supposed proof we have is the IP or something like that of Mr Governor Lebron Fitzgerald. The problem is that there is absolutely no proof it was the IPs shown during the chatlogs. This IP could have been taken before the chatlogs and the someone with marvelous intentions could have claimed it was the IP shown during this chatlogs. Senator Bacon King should have taken a screenshot of that instead of simply copying pasting it. While Bacon King claims it is easy to fool someone with screenshots, he’s definitely wrong on that. It it easy to determine if a screenshot has been altered. A screenshot would have definitely been a valuable proof, because the copypasting of the IPs of LebronFitzgerald isn't.
If the jury declares Mr Governor Lebronfitzgerald guilty with so few proofs, it would set a really bad precedent. Indeed, as a somewhat occasional member of the IRC, I would start fearing that someone takes my IP or whatever it is when I would be indeed logged on mibbit, then creates a totally imaginary chatlog where thE guy who would impersonate me would do something illegal, and then would send that to the Attorney General, who would start prosecuting me.

And to conclude, I would like to speak a little about the second chatlogs Attorney Zuwo presented. If I understand clearly the accusation, the fact that the username « lebronfitzgerald » said « I made a mistake » would be a proof of the fact he’s guilty. He’s obviously not guilty because it wasn’t him and that someone was impersonating him. But even if it was him (which isn’t the case obviously), this isn’t a proof. « I made a mistake » isn’t a proof of guilt. The IRC is a chatroom, not a hearing at the Supreme Court, I made a mistake could have simply been said for something else like « Oh my God, I made a mistake, I missed the Justin Bieber concert ». The IRC is a chatroom where the users are generally intoxicated and constantly say « Ayy Lmao ». I don’t understand how Attorney General Zuwo could have used this chatlog as a proof. Of course what I’m saying is just a detail because Governor Lebron Fitzgerald was impersonated during this chatlog.
So, to conclude, my client LebronFitzgerald isn’t guilty because he has been impersonated and no concrete proof exists that could show it was him and not someone else.

I thank Associate Justice oakvale, Senator Bacon King, Attorney Generald Zuwo and Gustaf.

Best regards,

I apologize for interrupting, but just to clarify the statement in bold is no way a reference to myself, the candidate that was running in the recall against the Governor?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2015, 08:23:42 AM »

Best regards,

I apologize for interrupting, but just to clarify the statement in bold is no way a reference to myself, the candidate that was running in the recall against the Governor?
There are references to no one. LebronFitzgerald has many enemies and I don't make accusations against someone if I don't have any proofs. We don't know who impersonated lebronfitzgerald and who intimidated Gustaf, and that's sad.
Son that wasn't an attack against you GAworth
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »

Best regards,

There are references to no one. LebronFitzgerald has many enemies and I don't make accusations against someone if I don't have any proofs. We don't know who impersonated lebronfitzgerald and who intimidated Gustaf, and that's sad.
Son that wasn't an attack against you GAworth

That's literally what you're implying.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »

It's probably a simply carelessly placed pronoun/assumption that people knew who "him" was based on the recall election. You try speaking another language without making mistakes.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »

Oh my god, I understand now y I didn't give enough attention.
Well deeply sorry gaworth, that wasn't an attack against you.
"lebronfitzgerald was winning the recall"
Just that instead of the previpus version.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »

Order in the court, gents.

I've contacted the jury and instructed them to carefully examine the submitted evidence, arguments and witness testimony and to come to a decision.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »

Oh my god, I understand now y I didn't give enough attention.
Well deeply sorry gaworth, that wasn't an attack against you.
"lebronfitzgerald was winning the recall"
Just that instead of the previpus version.
Your first explanation was more than sufficient. Thank you for the clarification my friend.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »

Is there a way to ensure jurors don't forget about this?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »

Yes, and it has already been done. I've contacted the jury on several occasions to remind them of this case, and recently sent each juror a summary of the case with links to all posts by Windjammer and Zuwo & the witness testimonies.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »

Official Atlasia Supreme Court Release
Nyman, DC

People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald

The jury has returned a verdict in the trial of Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald, who stands accused of a count of voter intimidation as described in §2, c.7 of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (2013), specifically as relates to the clause regarding contacting voters with disinformation about the electoral process.

By a vote of 4-1, the jury has found LeBron FitzGerald to be guilty of this single count of voter intimidation.

The votes were as follows:

BaconBacon96: Guilty
Gass3268: Not Guilty
MaxQue: Guilty
Rooney: Guilty
Velasco: Guilty

I will now again contact the jury to ask that they publicly confirm their votes. After that, we will progress to sentencing of Mr. FitzGerald, including allowing for time to hear both the defense and prosecution on sentencing particulars.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »

I confirm that I voted Not Guilty.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »

I confirm that I voted Guilty.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »

I thank the members of the jury for their efficient work.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »

Thanks, everyone. The jury is dismissed.

*bangs gavel*

We'll now progress to the conclusion of this matter. Does either party wish to be heard in regard to sentencing?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »

Zuwo?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies