Free Exchange Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:13:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Free Exchange Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Exchange Act (Failed)  (Read 2034 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: December 07, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »

Maybe that's the (pinko) European in me speaking, but I do feel that it is certainly preferable to have a central authority controlling our currency, and in that way our monetary policy. Such an important point as money is for me better left to the government...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »

Maybe that's the (pinko) European in me speaking, but I do feel that it is certainly preferable to have a central authority controlling our currency, and in that way our monetary policy. Such an important point as money is for me better left to the government...
This bill wouldn't abolish the Federal Reserve or prevent it from issuing currency.

Oh I do know that, but wouldn't it (correct me if I'm wrong) take away the "monopoly" for the Fed to control this issuing of currency. And I believe that the state should have the monopoly on that, otherwise people could just go out and print as much money as they want - the economy just wouldn't survive that. As said, probably this is my European point of view, but there needs to be someone who controls all this, at least in my opinion.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »

This bill wouldn't abolish the Federal Reserve or prevent it from issuing currency.

Oh I do know that, but wouldn't it (correct me if I'm wrong) take away the "monopoly" for the Fed to control this issuing of currency. And I believe that the state should have the monopoly on that, otherwise people could just go out and print as much money as they want - the economy just wouldn't survive that. As said, probably this is my European point of view, but there needs to be someone who controls all this, at least in my opinion.
If someone just started their won currency that they massively inflated, I doubt anybody would use it.
Of course not willingly, but what happens if it were a person of sizeable influence? And what if they stated to inflate Dollars?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:00:37 AM »

I third the motion
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

Nay