Overall, should teacher salaries in the US be increased? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:36:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Overall, should teacher salaries in the US be increased? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Overall, should teacher salaries in the US be increased?  (Read 4204 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: December 07, 2014, 06:22:33 PM »

Not in Upstate NY.  Teachers here start at nearly $40,000 and can reach well over $100k.  And many of them do little work outside of school.  Teachers in NYS have one of the strongest unions in the country.  The myth of teachers being grossly underpaid needs to end.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »

Not in Upstate NY.  Teachers here start at nearly $40,000 and can reach well over $100k.  And many of them do little work outside of school.  Teachers in NYS have one of the strongest unions in the country.  The myth of teachers being grossly underpaid needs to end.

I won't stand for this. All the hardest-working people I've ever met are teachers, and they work 'til midnight after school. My parents are both teachers and they have to grade papers, grade tests, and grade homework every night, as do my school teachers. Perhaps you should learn what the teaching life is actually like before you opine about how lazy other people are.

My mom is a teacher and works harder than many others.  There are many that simply know the union is there to protect them and do as little as.possible.  One of my moms best friends is a speech therapist in the school district and openly brags about how she doesn't care and that the district can't do anything to her.  She makes about $90k a year.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2014, 08:41:56 PM by Mr.Phips »

Not in Upstate NY.  Teachers here start at nearly $40,000 and can reach well over $100k.  And many of them do little work outside of school.  Teachers in NYS have one of the strongest unions in the country.  The myth of teachers being grossly underpaid needs to end.

I won't stand for this. All the hardest-working people I've ever met are teachers, and they work 'til midnight after school. My parents are both teachers and they have to grade papers, grade tests, and grade homework every night, as do my school teachers. Perhaps you should learn what the teaching life is actually like before you opine about how lazy other people are.

My mom is a teacher and works harder than many others.  There are many that simply know the union is there to protect them and do as little as.possible.  One of my moms best friends is a speech therapist in the school district and openly brags about how she doesn't care and that the district can't do anything to her.  She makes about $90k a year.

Every teacher I've ever known works their ass off to teach a bunch of ungrateful brats who don't care and you're saying they shouldn't be paid better because of one speech therapist?

I'm just talking about my area really.  In many parts of the country where teachers don't have strong unions to protect them, I'm sure they work very hard and deserve more money.  

And I'm not saying there are not any hard working teachers in my area, because there are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies