Should Mary Landrieu run for Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:16:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Should Mary Landrieu run for Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should Mary Landrieu run for Governor?
Yes, and she will.

Yes, but she won't.

No, but she will.

No, and she won't.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Should Mary Landrieu run for Governor?  (Read 5273 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »

I'd rather her just go be a lobbyist.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 08:25:19 PM »

I think Mitch is the Landrieu who's going to have to carry Louisiana Dems on his back now; I'd like to see him run for Governor or other statewide office. 

I'd like to see Louisiana being landrieued:
Mary still as a U.S. Senator, Mitch as the governor, and Gary as the mayor of Nawlins. Cheesy

Does anybody imagine Gary Landrieu ever holding a respectable office in Louisiana?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 08:33:17 PM »

No, she needs to go away and become a high-paid lobbyist or whatever failed politicians do and leave us alone.

I think Mitch is the Landrieu who's going to have to carry Louisiana Dems on his back now; I'd like to see him run for Governor or other statewide office. 

I'd like to see Louisiana being landrieued:
Mary still as a U.S. Senator, Mitch as the governor, and Gary as the mayor of Nawlins. Cheesy

Does anybody imagine Gary Landrieu ever holding a respectable office in Louisiana?

An offie held by a Landrieu cannot be "respectable" by definition.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »

Landrieu had a very bad luck, running in such a year as 2014.

Louisiana gubernatorial elections, on the other hand, are held in an off-year, which makes it much less likely to be influenced by any national wave. So, under right local circumstances, she would made a formidable candidate.

Exactly!

Does anybody know if the gubernatorial election consists of a jungle primary, too?

Yes. Even in that stretch from about 2006-2010 when federal races were the regular system, state races were always jungle primaries.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

Does anybody know if the gubernatorial election consists of a jungle primary, too?
Yes. Even in that stretch from about 2006-2010 when federal races were the regular system, state races were always jungle primaries.

Was there a comprehensible reason why the system for federal elections was changed and then changed back?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »

Was there a comprehensible reason why the system for federal elections was changed and then changed back?

Neither party wanted to go back to the jungle system. Jindal said that it would save about $13 million, so  he brought it back despite bipartisan opposition.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »

Neither party wanted to go back to the jungle system. Jindal said that it would save about $13 million, so  he brought it back despite bipartisan opposition.

And he was apparently right; jungle primaries are both less expensive and more equitable.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 10:07:01 PM »

Neither party wanted to go back to the jungle system. Jindal said that it would save about $13 million, so  he brought it back despite bipartisan opposition.

And he was apparently right; jungle primaries are both less expensive and more equitable.

Its also chaotic and creates unnecessary confusion.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies