Serial - Who killed Hae?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:41:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Serial - Who killed Hae?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Serial - Who killed Hae?  (Read 1024 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2014, 01:13:15 AM »

I'm sure there are others here who are addicted to www.serialpodcast.org and have theories running around about who killed 18 year old Hae Min Lee in Baltimore, 1999.

-----------

For me, Adnan's hands aren't clean, but Jay's version of events is at best untrue.

The thing that sticks out to me as so bizarre is actually one of the littlest things... why did Adnan give his 2-day-old phone to Jay?

It's obviously not evidence, but... it sticks in my mind more than anything else. There was a reason for it.

Also not once trying to contact Hae after her disappearance is fishy as hell.

But.... Jayis also clearly and provably telling at best a false version of events. Plus who helps an acquaintance move a body just cos you get high together after school?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »

I am genuinely shocked that nobody here listens to this. It's practically designed for 'our' kind of person.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:22:28 AM »

I do. I'm an episode or two behind though since it's exam season.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »

Last episode in the can, just listened to it. I was afraid, but I think Sarah Koenig managed to stick the landing, and she came down feeling *remarkably* close to how I feel personally.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »

I'm a few episodes behind, but I listen to it and I'm unsure.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 01:10:25 PM »

Just finished the last episode. I've weaved between thinking it was Adnan and thinking it wasn't him at all. I think in the end, I think that Adnan had a much lesser stake in carrying out the murder (he was still involved!) and that the main guy was either Jay(HuhHuhHuh) or that random serial killer that killed asian women that the last episode alluded to.

I agree with Sarah's reasoning towards the end and would likely vote to acquit as well. What is interesting is that there is still action being taken towards this case. I wonder if Season 2 will focus on this case even more or if we will get a fresh one.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:14:26 AM »

Last episode in the can, just listened to it. I was afraid, but I think Sarah Koenig managed to stick the landing, and she came down feeling *remarkably* close to how I feel personally.

Agreed, my view for a couple of episodes now was basically exactly where we ended up.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 09:45:19 PM »

Obviously I'm way late to the party here, but on a whim I decided to download this podcast and listen through it over the past week.

I have to lean to Adnan being guilty as the most reasonable explanation. I don't necessarily believe Jay's story 100%, but he did know where Hae's car was hidden, and the cell phone records seem to back up his story about Adnan (or at least the phone) being in Leakin Park when Jay says he was. That's not proof, but it just seems like the simplest and most likely solution to me.

However, the fact that he was convicted without any physical evidence is fishy to me and I probably would have voted to acquit. The fact that his lawyer failed to bring an alibi witness to the stand, or that they could have tested Hae's body for DNA but failed to, are shameful.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies