Rebuild the Pacific with me - Paleobrazilian for the Pacific Council
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:26:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rebuild the Pacific with me - Paleobrazilian for the Pacific Council
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rebuild the Pacific with me - Paleobrazilian for the Pacific Council  (Read 2398 times)
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »

My fellow Pacificians,

For too long you have been let down by your politicians. Unemployment is persistently above double digits on our Region. Our Council has had ghost councilors for a long while. There's urgent need for legislation to create jobs and growth and make your lives better. We have a well intentioned Governor, but he needs a strong Legislative that can bring him ideas and make him accountable whenever needed.

My fellow Pacificians,

After a long time of prayers and consideration, I have decided to run for the Pacific Council this next week. I'll be hoping to give you answers for the problems that really concern you. I'll be answering all questions you bring me. I want to be as open and accountable as possible.

Yours sincerelly,

x Paleobrazilian
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »

I am very glad to see you running for council, Paleobrazilian, good luck with you campaign!

Regarding questions, do you have any potential ideas to reduce unemployment in the Pacific?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:16:45 AM »

It is great to see so many candidates for this election - I have never seen that many candidates in that a competitive election to the Council since I have come here! It fills my heart with joy, I can say that much!

Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »

I am very glad to see you running for council, Paleobrazilian, good luck with you campaign!

Regarding questions, do you have any potential ideas to reduce unemployment in the Pacific?

Mr. President,

To create new jobs, we have to create sustainable growth by building an environment that's friendly for entrepreneurs, innovators and small business. We must look to areas where we could be leaders, like the generation of clean energy (we have so much potential on solar power, wind power, wave power, etc), the whole IT industry and the tourism sector. We should look at all regional regulation in place and cut those that don't make sense. We should also cut takes on selected areas such as the ones I mentioned above. We cannot let important industries like Boeing simply go away and take away our jobs to more business-friendly regions. On the transportation area, we should expand the recent Privatization Act to include regional airports and seaports. We have so much potential with our strategic location, we have to take advantage and make our region the main hub on Atlasia-Asia trade relations. Finally, we have to keep our budget in check by cutting all unnecessary spending so that we can make selected investments on strategic areas and specially on our education, which is the first step for innovation and growth generation.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

Cut him some slack, he's a foreigner. Tongue

Where's the nuclear and hydro? I'm unsure about privatising airports, maybe forming a regionally owned authority that is partially privatised. We need serious investment in our airports and seaports and coordinated prioritisation and funding allocation.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »

Do you support a tax on management buzzwords in political speeches?

The Transcendental Democrats do!
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »

Cut him some slack, he's a foreigner. Tongue

Where's the nuclear and hydro? I'm unsure about privatising airports, maybe forming a regionally owned authority that is partially privatised. We need serious investment in our airports and seaports and coordinated prioritisation and funding allocation.

I really like nuclear power, it's extremely efficient and clean. Unfortunately, it's a polarizing issue right now and I understand some of those fears, as much of the Pacific is prone to earthquakes and tsunamis Tongue

Hydro is cool as long as it doesn't mess up with our beautiful forests. Plus, it can be dangerous to rely too much on them as they could make us vulnerable to droughts.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »

Endorsed and Good Luck. Smiley

Let me know if I can assist your campaign in any way.
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:24 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

By the way, I'd like to speak out against this proposal, that will only kill jobs and reduce our liberties. If elected, I will fight as hard as I can to defeat this very bad idea.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »

Endorsed.
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

By the way, I'd like to speak out against this proposal, that will only kill jobs and reduce our liberties. If elected, I will fight as hard as I can to defeat this very bad idea.

...spoken like a paid mouthpiece of the gambling lobby. In the words of one celebrated Atlasian organizer, this is deeply disturbing.

This extreme-left rhetoric won't intimidate those who want to rebuild the Pacific and make it thrive. Those in Reno or Las Vegas can be assured that we are the ones to protect their jobs and give them better homes and a better future.
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »

A statement on early results:

"According to the latest projections, our campaign has learned we were elected to the Pacific Council. While it's still unofficial and we still await final results, we'd like to thank the voters that trusted our project and gave us this amazing result. We defeated career politicians and special interests and will be your voice in the Council from now on. Thank you, Pacific!"
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2014, 09:00:28 AM by Türkisblau »

Grats! I hope to work with you in the next council session.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »

Congratulations!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 12:38:12 AM »