LA and NC 2016 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:05:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA and NC 2016 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA and NC 2016 Congressional Races  (Read 61756 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 12, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »

Dems are best off to get Strickland, Kander & Hassan elected for the Senate majority.
You predicted Strickland would win by 5+ points in 2010. Nice try.

As far as Louisiana goes, I'd endorse Dardenne gladly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 02:48:04 AM »

Dardenne is a liberal Republican along the lines of Win Rockefeller. We're a dying breed in the South, but we still have some new blood like him.

#ReadyForJay2016

Besides that, I think Boustany, Cao, Angelle, and Kennedy are the only other good ones. As far as Democrats go here, Mayor Jacques Roy, (her brother)State Rep. Christopher Roy, Jr., and Don Cazayoux
seem like fairly strong non-Landrieu LA Dems.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »

He has a good chance if more Tea Partiers jump in.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »

^ He'd be the type of Democrat that could win. He also has nothing to lose, as he's termed out in 2019 anyway.

The ideal scenario for Dems would be an intraparty runoff with him and Gary Smith. Both are blue doggish and could most feasibly hold the seat going forward.

LaFleur probably runs if he doesn't get appointed Education Superintendent by JBE.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:16:20 AM »

Endorsing: Cao>Herbert>Kennedy
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 04:32:07 PM »

^ Of course. You can't have a D vs D runoff if you only have one of them.
Would you prefer Campbell or Cao?

Judging by your previous politics, I thought you'd be more of a Kennedy or Cao voter.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »

Decision Desk calls NC3 for Jones. Woo!
Out of curiosity, are you supporting Cao for Senate, and if not, then who?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 02:56:16 AM »

^ No one really knows whether 2015 Governor was a fluke because of Vitter or whether it means the state is purple (or purple-atlas blue) aside from the presidential race. The senate race will give us the answer.

Uh, yes we do? It was obviously a fluke. That's like saying we don't know if Massachusetts is still a blue state or not because they elected Baker.

Massachusetts electing a republican governor is nothing new. The only reason Deval Patrick got in is because Romney left office very unpopular. That state just LOVES republican governors.

With Louisiana, everyone was declaring the state to be "Finally, completely republican!" after a decent challenger against Vitter in 2010 went nowhere, Jindal won in an historic landslide in 2011, and Landrieu finally went down in 2014, and by a lot. But then Edwards emerges out of nowhere, and wins by the same margin Landrieu lost. Even with all of Vitter's baggage, Edwards was clearly a good candidate in his own right and did very good divorcing himself from the national party. When I try to think about how Edwards vs. Angelle would have gone, I'm honestly not confident giving an answer. Maybe 2010-2014 was just a string of good races for the state R party that actually don't mean much in the long run.

How would Edwards v. Dardenne go in your opinion?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

Fayard and Cao are my favorites here. Campbell and Kennedy seem a little old.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »

Is Landrieu likely to get the most support out of the 7 democrats?
Probably not. Fayard and Campbell are the front runners for the Democrats.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 12:25:52 AM »

Would Fayard get enough female voters to be better in a runoff than Campbell?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 02:21:23 AM »

Would Fayard get enough female voters to be better in a runoff than Campbell?
In an intraparty runoff? I think Campbell wins as he's a better fit for the state overall.

The stylistic difference between Campebell and Fayard almost reminds me of the 1996 Senate primary. The main Democrats were Richard Ieyoub (traditional populist Long-ite) and Mary Landrieu (women from bigger city perceived as more of a mainstream liberal).
No, against Kennedy or a Boustany or Fleming.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »

Just wondering, if Kennedy wins, who becomes Treasurer? Is there a special election, or does the governor appoint someone?
The Governor appoints someone temporarily until a special election occurs, if I understand correctly. As it stands, he might appoint Rosalind Peychaud, who was the former deputy chief of staff for Cao.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »

Just wondering, if Kennedy wins, who becomes Treasurer? Is there a special election, or does the governor appoint someone?
The Governor appoints someone temporarily until a special election occurs, if I understand correctly. As it stands, he might appoint Rosalind Peychaud, who was the former deputy chief of staff for Cao.

Why wouldn't he appoint an actual Democrat?

Peychaud is a Democrat - a former State Representative. Cao's tenure in the House was strange ideologically.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 12:10:58 AM »

After doing some quick read throughout of Louisiana Democrats for a potential Treasurer, Marc Morial, former NO Mayor and current President of the National Urban League, has a bachelor's degree in Economics and is only 58. Morial serves on the Presidential Advisory Council on Financial Accountability. He also was a member of the Debt Reduction Task Force for the Bipartisan Policy Center.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »

Yeah, Atlas posters who announce their "official endorsements" of any candidate...

I officially endorse you for President of the Middle School Sarcasm Club.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »

Fayard seems a bit more promising, IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies