Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:08:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Attempted Gas Attack on Furries in Chicago!  (Read 9877 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »

Now I know how those poor furries must have felt, because the prudery in this thread is suffocating.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »

Y'all do realize 19 people are (were?) hospitalized because of this, right?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »

Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

Is it just me or is the pool boy a prime suspect?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 02:26:22 PM »

Is it just me or is the pool boy a prime suspect?

The hotel didn't have a pool.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »

And 18 were released practically as soon as they were taken there.  There was definitely an abundance of caution here on the part of the responders, which isn't a bad thing.  Until evidence of evil intent is forthcoming, I'm inclined to think this was likely a prank that went bad.  It's only getting as much coverage as it has because of the unusual visual spectacle of people in furry costumes.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »

And 18 were released practically as soon as they were taken there.  There was definitely an abundance of caution here on the part of the responders, which isn't a bad thing.  Until evidence of evil intent is forthcoming, I'm inclined to think this was likely a prank that went bad.  It's only getting as much coverage as it has because of the unusual visual spectacle of people in furry costumes.

The police are ruling it intentional, and it's pretty hard to accidentally bring a jar of chlorine into a hotel. And yeah, 90% of the coverage is due to such choice quotes as "'It was shocking,' said Smejkal, standing outside the hotel in a red panda animal suit."
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 08:27:27 PM »

Yeah, the sort of bigotry displayed in this thread is disgusting. How different do you think the reaction for this would be if this were, say, Comicon or CPAC?

And any case, you'd think that leftists would want to celebrate cultural diversity rather than encouraging attacks on it.
I don't care what they get up to. Dressing up in a silly costume because you think you have a connection to an animal is less bonkers than dressing up in a silly costume because you think you have a connection to god.

Huh? You'll often be paid and even possibly get a house out of doing that latter. In fact, if you pick the right Church and you get lucky, you might even wind up in the House of Lords. Strikes me as pretty good deal.

People with free houses can be bonkers too, my friend. Also I'd just like to clarify for Mr. CrabCKe that it's really not a fetish (for most of us).

What is furry-ism then? I'm generally not too familiar with it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »

Ahaha Jesus Christ, this is not a "hate crime" or "bigotry". It's about on a par with an incident at the Gathering of the Juggalos. Assigning language like that to a bunch of people getting sick because some insane jilted 'furry' had a grudge reduces hate crimes against actual minorities to meaningless buzzwords.

Yeah, the sort of bigotry displayed in this thread is disgusting. How different do you think the reaction for this would be if this were, say, Comicon or CPAC?

And any case, you'd think that leftists would want to celebrate cultural diversity rather than encouraging attacks on it.
I don't care what they get up to. Dressing up in a silly costume because you think you have a connection to an animal is less bonkers than dressing up in a silly costume because you think you have a connection to god.

Huh? You'll often be paid and even possibly get a house out of doing that latter. In fact, if you pick the right Church and you get lucky, you might even wind up in the House of Lords. Strikes me as pretty good deal.

People with free houses can be bonkers too, my friend. Also I'd just like to clarify for Mr. CrabCKe that it's really not a fetish (for most of us).

Is this post real?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 08:55:56 PM »

Sorry, I genuinely was misinformed, wasn't trying to making fun of you or anything.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »

This explains the top part of your post.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

Oakvale is right, obviously. Hahaha.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2014, 09:58:07 PM by Camerlengo Alfred, Archbishop of Rochester »

Broadly speaking (for indeed one must speak broadly when dealing with the furry community), it's really just an interest in anthropomorphic animals (i.e. folks who prefer the Disney Robin Hood to the Russell Crowe Robin Hood). There are people elsewhere who can explain it far better than I out there, though.

I'm really not liking y'all's attitudes here. I get that we're the punching bag of the Internet, but I thought Atlas would be better than to say a whole group of people should die because of what they happen to enjoy in a thread about people actually being attacked (presumably) for that reason. I'm fine with all the "bring out the guillotines" comments whenever any monarch is mentioned, but I wouldn't be if, say, Prince George were to be killed tomorrow and the TNF crowd were to offer their usual "kill all the royals" spiel. There is a time and a place for chanting "yiff in hell furfags" and "wipe the degenerates out" and this is not it.

If you're defending laughing at people who have been hurt by hateful actions, you're on shaky moral ground at best.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »

Sorry, I genuinely was misinformed, wasn't trying to making fun of you or anything.

Perfectly all right - misunderstandings are only natural.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »

The police are ruling it intentional, and it's pretty hard to accidentally bring a jar of chlorine into a hotel. And yeah, 90% of the coverage is due to such choice quotes as "'It was shocking,' said Smejkal, standing outside the hotel in a red panda animal suit."

I'm not saying that it wasn't intentional, just that it most likely is a case of intentional stupidity rather than a case of intentional evil.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 10:22:01 PM »

I'm not saying that it wasn't intentional, just that it most likely is a case of intentional stupidity rather than a case of intentional evil.

Fair point, but I think someone really hating furries is more likely than someone bringing a jar of chlorine into a hotel for no reason I can fathom - no pool, remember?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »

Fair point, but I think someone really hating furries is more likely than someone bringing a jar of chlorine into a hotel for no reason I can fathom - no pool, remember?

Until proven elsewise, which certainly is possible, I'd think a poorly attempted stinkbomb is the likeliest explanation.  When I was at college there was an outdoor showing of Rocky Horror at our amphitheater to which an idiot brought a homemade "noisemaker" that acted like a pipebomb when it was set off, injuring three.  The guy who'd brought the "noisemaker" was as shocked as anyone else by the result.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 10:45:27 PM »

Until proven elsewise, which certainly is possible, I'd think a poorly attempted stinkbomb is the likeliest explanation.  When I was at college there was an outdoor showing of Rocky Horror at our amphitheater to which an idiot brought a homemade "noisemaker" that acted like a pipebomb when it was set off, injuring three.  The guy who'd brought the "noisemaker" was as shocked as anyone else by the result.

Fair point, but you'd have to be an idiot to not realize chlorine can kill people. Hanlon's razor is starting to pop up in very strange situations.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »

People with free houses can be bonkers too, my friend. Also I'd just like to clarify for Mr. CrabCake that it's really not a fetish (for most of us).

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »

People with free houses can be bonkers too, my friend. Also I'd just like to clarify for Mr. CrabCake that it's really not a fetish (for most of us).

I see your distrust and raise you my personal testimony.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:48 PM »

Reminds me of a CSI episode a few years ago.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »

Reminds me of a CSI episode a few years ago.

Well, TexasGurl, you said the code word. The furry mafia will hang you in a $5,000 fox costume by Friday afternoon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies