CA-Sen: California Quake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:16:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-Sen: California Quake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Sen: California Quake  (Read 48207 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 26, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »

Well, her sister would support her, at least. Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »

Yeah I agree. I like both Harris and Sanchez, and I don't think Sanchez really thinks she can win this... Hopefully it's just a trial run for 2018.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:56:40 PM »

Very seriously considering a tactical vote for Rep. Sanchez in the open primary race to defeat winger-leftist San Fran lib Kamala Harris-- Particularly if no other Democrats run. Will lib establishment force Xavier Becerra in to try to split the Hispanic vote?

Loretta can very well win if she advances to the general with a coalition of moderates, Hispanics, and GOPers.

Realistically, Republicans have no shot at winning here - especially with the candidates who are running.  With multiple Republicans running, it is highly possible that the two Democrat candidates advance to the general.  And Republicans have to think tactically IF no other D's run.

Lol your going to disappointed. Sanchez is a left-liberal who similar to Gillibrand voted more centrist only because of her district. As Senator she'd be just as liberal as Harris and more so than Feinstein.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 06:30:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aware of that. But Loretta didn't do this: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/SAN-FRANCISCO-D-A-won-t-pursue-death-in-cop-2767716.php.

And tactical voting is used only to defeat an outcome that's undesirable (Sen. Kamala Harris).

No but she did sponsor a bill imposing a moratorium on the death penalty.

http://massscorecard.org/CA/Loretta_Sanchez_Crime.htm

Anyway, you should hope Harris runs for president because it'll just give you guys another chance to demagogue on race and "consolidate the white vote." According to Sean Trende and others that's a winning strategy for your team.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »

Demagogue? Wow--  this isn't about race at all.  This is about choosing the better person and the best strategic option for conservatives to exact some influence over a race.  If two Democrats make it to the top two, Loretta's team is going to give reasons for Republicans to vote for her. Believe you me.

The "best strategic option" for conservatives nationally is to polarize the electorate racially and thus capture the Midwest.

In California you don't have a shot, though. Your going to be disappointed with either as Senator.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do me a favor.  As the campaign gets closer, go take some notes every time a candidate from either party talks about race - see which party talks about it more.  See which party routinely discusses race, and see which party says nothing in response.

The Republicans don't have to talk about race in public to dog whistle about it. They've been taking advantage of it to good effect throughout the Obama presidency.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 11:23:46 PM »

I love Loretta, having met her a few times. But she really needs to step aside this Senate campaign.

But for the record, I thought the story she was telling was pretty funny. However she's not an edgy comedian, she's talking to a crowd of delegates.

What story? From the 5-second video clip it looked pretty bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies