Super Hero Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Super Hero Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super Hero Democrats  (Read 3840 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:48:46 AM »
« edited: April 16, 2004, 11:49:11 AM by supersoulty »

I can't think of many, so I will open this up to the floor.

One I can think of of hand is Professor X
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 12:26:39 PM »

Silver Surfer
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 12:31:19 PM »

Wonderwoman
ShapeShifter

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:33:53 PM »

Superman
ShapeShifter

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 12:34:05 PM »

Batman
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 12:40:11 PM »

Superman and Batman?!?!

Maybe Batman, but certainly NOT Superman.  Superman is for  "truth, justice and the American way".  That's not PC.

Goerge Clooney may be a liberal, but I don't think Batman is.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 12:44:35 PM »

Superman and Batman?!?!

Maybe Batman, but certainly NOT Superman.  Superman is for  "truth, justice and the American way".  That's not PC.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/787420/posts
ShapeShifter

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »

Superman and Batman?!?!

PC has nothing to do with being a Democrat.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »

Batman?  Absolutely not.  He's a rich, corporate executive who has a serious law and order streak.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 02:47:06 PM »

This article couldn't be more wrong.  First of all, it assumes old political alignments, not new ones.

There is no way in hell Superman is a Democrat given modern political alignments.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 02:52:28 PM »

This article couldn't be more wrong.  First of all, it assumes old political alignments, not new ones.

There is no way in hell Superman is a Democrat given modern political alignments.

your just jealous that Superman, greatest superhero, is a democrat.
Chiahead

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 02:56:22 PM »

I'm a friend of Chris and since i'm a super comic nerd, he asked me to comment on that article...It is really wrong on a whole bunch of issues.  

Superman was never born with superpowers...Krypton had a red sun (red giant class) and none of it's members had any powers.  Then when superman landed here, the Yellow sun's radiation was absorbed by his dense kyrptonian body and he could fly etc.  (actually they just used to say it was all from earth's lesser gravity, but that changed, the yellow sun is his source of power.)  When Superman faced Dr. Lightner...he created a force field that made the sun red and took superman's powers away.

The Batman stuff is all wrong.  Batman had money from his parents, but he built wayne enterprises in their name and did countless good deeds with his money.  hence the Wayne Foundation
He never changed, because his butler was his foster father, the mansion was where he grew up.  

Wealth is not a superpower...an average person can get that. Also Batman never, ever used guns...he was anti-guns since his parents were killed by a gun.  there you could say Batman is a Democrat on Gun Control.

Money doesn't pick your political party...Batman was a business man, but that doesn't make him a republican.  

Superman as a reporter never used the news for a political agenda...he always was "fair and balanced" when it came to presenting a story.  
Superman found all life sacred...he never destroyed anything unless he had too...so how could he be pro-choice.  

The whole article was a total FARCE!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 02:57:43 PM »

your just jealous that Superman, greatest superhero, is a democrat.

He isn't a Dem.  Did you even read the article you posted?  It claimed that Superman is Dem because the Dems stand for a large standing military.  That isn't even true.  It claims that Superman is a Dem because he came from a farming town in Kansas.  If this were the case then Bush would have lost Kansas in 2000.  As my freind just pointed out, the author has no clue what he is talking about.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »

I'm a friend of Chris and since i'm a super comic nerd, he asked me to comment on that article...It is really wrong on a whole bunch of issues.  

Superman was never born with superpowers...Krypton had a red sun (red giant class) and none of it's members had any powers.  Then when superman landed here, the Yellow sun's radiation was absorbed by his dense kyrptonian body and he could fly etc.  (actually they just used to say it was all from earth's lesser gravity, but that changed, the yellow sun is his source of power.)  When Superman faced Dr. Lightner...he created a force field that made the sun red and took superman's powers away.

The Batman stuff is all wrong.  Batman had money from his parents, but he built wayne enterprises in their name and did countless good deeds with his money.  hence the Wayne Foundation
He never changed, because his butler was his foster father, the mansion was where he grew up.  

Wealth is not a superpower...an average person can get that. Also Batman never, ever used guns...he was anti-guns since his parents were killed by a gun.  there you could say Batman is a Democrat on Gun Control.

Money doesn't pick your political party...Batman was a business man, but that doesn't make him a republican.  

Superman as a reporter never used the news for a political agenda...he always was "fair and balanced" when it came to presenting a story.  
Superman found all life sacred...he never destroyed anything unless he had too...so how could he be pro-choice.  

The whole article was a total FARCE!

Yea. if superman found all life sacred, that surely sounds liberal to me. he would never had gone to war with iraq and kill innocent people.

your just jealous superman is a democrat

PS: where are all these new republicans from Pen. coming from?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 02:59:59 PM »

Isn't this discussion a little... erm... sad?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 03:03:28 PM »

PS: where are all these new republicans from Pen. coming from?

PA is a battle ground state important to Republicans.  Just like during the primary we got a whole crap load of new Dems.
Chiahead

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »

All life sacred?  So an unborn child isn't a life?

Also Superman would have deposed Saddam himself!
 and I'm sure if he was president he would believe strongly in stopping a powermad dictator who was bent on world destruction!  He would mobilize!
ShapeShifter

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 03:10:27 PM »

All life sacred?  So an unborn child isn't a life?

Also Superman would have deposed Saddam himself!
 and I'm sure if he was president he would believe strongly in stopping a powermad dictator who was bent on world destruction!  He would mobilize!

Yea and he would deposed dictators of Cuba and North Korea and etc ... but you don't see Bush doing that, do you?

Your arguement of the war on Iraq is farce.
Chiahead

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 03:12:28 PM »

Well maybe if Bush were superhuman he would depose them...but i think it would be logical to start with the biggest threat to your country and work your way down!
M

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 05:04:53 PM »

Superman could well be a classic Democrat in the Scoop Jackson- Joe Lieberman mold. (Like MortfromNewYawk). He has almost no weaknesses, just kryptonite, lack of yellow sun (he's is not actually specifically weak to red sun, a common misconception), and he cannot see through lead. He is really vulnerable through love for humanity and especiially the people he cares for, compassion, etc. In this he shares the liberal's basic mindset. However, he has seen enough of evil to know it exists and must be fought. Superman would have broken with the Dems during the Viet Nam war, in which he would have supported going to Hanoi and liberating North Viet Nam, or if he remained a Democrat, he would have supported Scoop and been a maverick in his own popular, unpopular with the far left. Also very patriotic, not PC, would definitely oppose affirmative action. Overall, he was a Dem until about '68, now is either a Republican or a Dem hawk.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2004, 12:14:27 AM »

Superman could well be a classic Democrat in the Scoop Jackson- Joe Lieberman mold.

Other than Liebermann, those Dems don't exist any more.  They are all Republicans now.  I mean serioulsy, Superman is the embodiment of neo-conservatism.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 05:51:16 AM »

Batman a Republican.  He believes in private charity over public sector charity.

Superman a Republican.  He is an uber-patriot (just look at his slogan).

One Superhero group that is Demcorats is the X-Men.  They are all about how minorities are opporessed, so they'd all be liberals.  Except wolverine, he seems to much a renegade, probably a Libertarian.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 06:06:55 AM »

Re-arranged the following letters:

A, S, D
M

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2004, 10:20:58 AM »

Marvel always seemed more liberal, more cynical, and yes- less interesting to me. I do think Superman is the most interesting hero, not despite but because his powers are nearly unlimited. He has complete power, but a good conscience and a pure heart. I like that better than the physically weaker and morally more conflicted ones.

Superman is probably a neo-con today, as you said, though he may very well be socially liberal. Batman is economically and foreign policy conservative, but is more cynical about the ultimate triumph of good over evil. Think of Batman as equivalent to Daniel Henninger and Victor Davis Hanson, believing that war and evil are inevitable portions of humanity that cannot be exorcised, but MUST be fought in every generation. Superman is similar to DCIA Jim Woolsey and Amb. Mark Palmer, who belive democrac will spread worldwide in the next 2-3 decades, ushering in a pseudo-idyllic end of history type era.

Me? I'm a Superman.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 10:37:23 AM »

Superman could well be a classic Democrat in the Scoop Jackson- Joe Lieberman mold. (Like MortfromNewYawk). He has almost no weaknesses, just kryptonite, lack of yellow sun (he's is not actually specifically weak to red sun, a common misconception), and he cannot see through lead. He is really vulnerable through love for humanity and especiially the people he cares for, compassion, etc. In this he shares the liberal's basic mindset. However, he has seen enough of evil to know it exists and must be fought. Superman would have broken with the Dems during the Viet Nam war, in which he would have supported going to Hanoi and liberating North Viet Nam, or if he remained a Democrat, he would have supported Scoop and been a maverick in his own popular, unpopular with the far left. Also very patriotic, not PC, would definitely oppose affirmative action. Overall, he was a Dem until about '68, now is either a Republican or a Dem hawk.

I reckon Superman would be an old-style Scoop Jackson democrat, strong defence and hawkish while also having a strong egalitarian streak and a soft spot for the unions.... like Scoop...  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies