Why is Obama so unpopular? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:34:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Obama so unpopular? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Obama so unpopular?  (Read 10021 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »

^ Point #9 is literally "Benghazi" so I assume so.

i'm totally uncertain as to what Obama is supposed to have done differently regarding Benghazi, a tragedy whose aftermath seemed to be handled reasonably well. We didn't even invade a country that had nothing to do with it and cause thousands of American soldiers to die for no reason as a result!

Yes, that's a cheap shot. It's still worth remembering that that was a thing that happened in response to previous terrorist attacks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

Also, I'm not sure I buy the idea that the president is absurdly unpopular. If the electorate had a choice tomorrow between Barack Obama/Joe Biden and John McCain/Sarah Palin, do you think McCain would win? Or Barack Obama/Joe Biden vs Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan? I don't think the electorate would do a takeback on either of the last two elections.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:54 PM »

The Guantanamo thing is probably the most unfair cop of all of the things Wulfric brought up (outside of Benghazi, where the Administration did nothing wrong whatsoever). Obama did make a serious effort in 2009 to close Guantanamo and Congress has prevented him from doing so. Ever since, Obama has tried his hardest to reduce the number of prisoners in Guantanamo (from over 250 when he took office to ~150 today) and has been blocked at every turn as foreign countries refuse to take them when the Administration has tried to extradite them. This isn't Obama "lying" or anything, this is Obama bound and determined to close Guantanamo but prevented from doing so because it isn't in the President's power.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »

How did Gingrich work with Clinton? He shut down the government over sitting in the back seat on Air Force One on the way to Rabin's funeral. He funded an "independent prosecutor" who spent three years sniffing around a land deal in which the Clintons lost money, and then Gingrich was the spearhead of the first presidential impeachment in 130 years, before losing his speakership over doing exactly what Clinton had done. The only major piece of legislation passed during those four years Gingrich was speaker was a welfare reform that gave the GOP everything they wanted. How is this an example to aspire to?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:19:57 PM »

Lest we forget the halcyon days of bipartisanship past.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies