Why is Obama so unpopular? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Obama so unpopular? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Obama so unpopular?  (Read 9934 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »

Obummercare!!!!!!1!1111! BENGHAZI!!!!! FAST AND THE FURIOUS ! !! !! !! !    !

Everybody
Barack
Obama
Left
America
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »

I disapprove of his tenure for many reasons:

1. Clearly believing, on issue after issue after issue, throughout his term, that partisan democrats have a monopoly on good ideas, despite saying that he doesn't believe such a thing.

2. Preferring defaulting on our debt over negotiating.

3. His refusal to pass stimulus for the middle class, instead catering to the moguls and big banks on wall street, resulting in a recovery that has been extremely sluggish and, six years into his presidency, leaves underemployment in double digits (it was ~8% before the recession), and wages/labor participation much too low.

4. Refusing to work with republicans when he passed his health care reform, despite promising he would, and then passing a law too long for anyone to read, filled with terrible provisions such as the 30 hour work week and the medical device tax.

5. Lying about certain provisions of said health care law over and over and over again, then trying to deny having lied about them, and refusing to get the website properly betatested.

6. Refusal to permantely cut overall military spending or push for fair trials for Guantanamo bay prisoners, despite promising to do so.

7. Taking too long to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which have not accomplished enough to merit being stretched out as long as they are/were.

8. His "policies are on the ballot" 2014 gaffe, which may have sunk Begich and Hagan, both of which I really like.

9. Benghazi

Wulfric, we need to talk.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »

I will say that I admire his words in his acceptance speech of the blatantly politically motivated Nobel Peace prize that he was awarded just a few months into his presidency.  I was incredulous that they'd award the prize to a new president with little prior experience and whose nation was involved in two simultaneous wars.  Then again, they awarded a similar prize to Yashir Arafat so it should not be surprising.  Still, we should credit Obama for publicly acknowledging all this.  In his acceptance speech, he said, among other things,

" I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the considerable controversy that your generous decision has generated. In part, this is because I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage.  Compared to some of the giants of history who've received this prize -- Schweitzer and King; Marshall and Mandela -- my accomplishments are slight.  And then there are the men and women around the world who have been jailed and beaten in the pursuit of justice; those who toil in humanitarian organizations to relieve suffering; the unrecognized millions whose quiet acts of courage and compassion inspire even the most hardened cynics.  I cannot argue with those who find these men and women -- some known, some obscure to all but those they help -- to be far more deserving of this honor than I.  But perhaps the most profound issue surrounding my receipt of this prize is the fact that I am the Commander-in-Chief of the military of a nation in the midst of two wars..."

I think that was very gracious.  

I also think he showed some courage when he handled immigration reform via execution.  There may yet be backlash, but it showed guts.  Why he hasn't consistently showed such courage I do not know, but I do think that he has from time to time acted in a ways both courageous and gracious, so he isn't without redeeming qualities.  Overall, however, his presidency has been a pretty big disappointment to many of us that supported him initially.  

Courage!! Obama is a coward of the tallest order; It has been report that there isn’t any presidential (OBAMA) executive order containing language for waving illegal immigration (illegal inhabitants) from being deported. So to help avoid criminal prosecution he merely wrote a memo to homeland security to break the law and stop deportations of any non-violent criminals who will vote for democrats and sign up for Obamacare. COURAGE!!! Authored by the Clinton’s; IS, the ability to break laws and get away with it, by accolade.  

The memo, is in redacted files never to be recognized, as for the executive order of courage, show me, I'm from Missouri.

I'm not a fan of rule by fiat.  I don't like the active judiciary or the executive order in general, but a blanket amnesty from time to time is a good thing.<STOP>On condition of; the liability, “0” and the asset, “1” per entry;  second, the entry must "pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."<CONTINUE>  It clears the air.<STOP> This clearing the air act implies that there’s a residual pollutant(s), this is scrubbed by; at the same time as the pollutant enters, a legal entry is granted at the pleasure and payment by the pollutant entry.<CONTINUE>  Brings people out of the shadows.<STOP> The new asset to clear it’s shadow will under oath and polygraph answer to; state all votes cast for local, state and general elections and for whom. Fees will be assessed as would any US Citizen be charged for an illegal vote.<CONTINUE>   It's good for the economy and good for the soul.  The congress wasn't going to act on this, so the president used his lameness wisely.  Obama's memo falls short of proper magnanimity, of course, but it was a step in the right direction.  I think he probably recognizes that his repeated statements regarding the constitutional limitations on his power to affect immigration policy inhibited him from making a more sweeping change.  You can spin that as cowardice.  I won't argue with you over that, but to me I think even a small measure shows some backbone.<STOP> I can only attain your rationale’s reasoning for the backbone of Barack Hussein Obama to be, his courage to, “solemnly swear, "Barack Hussein Obama" that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States", which he had to do twice because the first time, publicly, he just couldn’t do it. <CONTINUE>  Obviously, in many other instances and on other issues he has not shown so much.  

I mean, Obama isn't unpopular with me, I'm involved with him every day.

What?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies