Senator Hank the Cat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:14:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senator Hank the Cat
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Hank the Cat  (Read 552 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »

Just saying, what if he actually won?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:06:35 AM »

Hank certainly would be refused his seat, but I don't know Virginia law to say whether a (human) runner-up would be declared winner or seat would fell vacant.

John Warner had narrowly lost the 1978 Republican Senate primary, but became a default nominee after the man who defeated him died in a plane crash. But again, rules for primaries may be diffrent.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »

Hank certainly would be refused his seat, but I don't know Virginia law to say whether a (human) runner-up would be declared winner or seat would fell vacant.

John Warner had narrowly lost the 1978 Republican Senate primary, but became a default nominee after the man who defeated him died in a plane crash. But again, rules for primaries may be diffrent.

How would a refusal work? Who would do the "refusing"?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:08:39 AM »

Unfortunately for all of us, Hank died a year or two ago, not long after his senate run. Sad

RIP Hank.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:11:37 AM »

RIP FF
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2014, 08:36:00 AM by How Erg the Self-Inducting Slew a Paleface »

The Senate can deny you a seat.

Also, Virginia election authorities could refuse to certify him.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

If he somehow got certified as the winner by Virginia, the Senate is still the ultimate judge of the qualifications of its own members and could refuse to seat him. I assume at the very minimum this cat is not 30?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »

If he somehow got certified as the winner by Virginia, the Senate is still the ultimate judge of the qualifications of its own members and could refuse to seat him. I assume at the very minimum this cat is not 30?

You're not taking into account animal years. Tongue
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »

Canines for a Feline Free Tomorrow Super PAC produced a hilarious ad about him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0r-dNEH38
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies