Where do you stand on abortion rights?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:35:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Where do you stand on abortion rights?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: See the above question.
I support women having access to abortion.

I oppose women having access to abortion.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Where do you stand on abortion rights?  (Read 3072 times)
Wolverines34
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 02:10:42 AM »
« edited: December 11, 2014, 02:14:29 AM by Wolverines34 »

Im just gona say this....

The overwheelming amount of people that get abortions are poor...thats a fact...the women that tend to get abortions tend to be single mothers (obviously, without a husband) and lower income in status... Often they tend to be on welfare.

It makes NO SENSE for conservatives to say their pro-life and anti abortion than say their anti welfare. What are you going to do force poor women to have kids than oppose giving them welfare?. Do you know what that will result in, mass black plague and mass starvation. How are you gona force them to raise kids and than turn around and not give them any financial assistance (ie welfare, food stamps). Thats complete torture forcing them to live a life of missery and pain. It makes no sense for Conservatives to complain about welfare, than say abortion should be banned.

Also, most people that get abortion are black/hispanic. Which is why I don't get why Conservatives are so anti abortion seeing as how they clealy don't want to help the poor but want to force them to raise kids.

I used to be pro-life, until I realized that I don't care about the "kids" and im not gona force a poor women to have kids and end up being forced on welfare.

I'm more on the conservative side (at least on economics), but forcing poor people to raise kids with no money or job (and without welfare) is pure torture. Besides most of the people that get abortions are poor, so I'm not sure why Republicans are so concerned anyways.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 02:52:43 AM »

@Wolverine: The answer is simple, the GOP so-cons have the mentality that any good soul would just somehow stay away from sex and they freaking deserve every bit of punishment....even if it costs more to deny welfare and deny them abortion coverage.

Saner so-cons and moderates  are simply aghast the idea of killing unborns.

And then there's the off chance of would-be fathers who may have wanted children now losing that chance and having absolutely no say, and this'll attract some libertarians that may otherwise have no qualms.

Wolverines34
Rookie
United States
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 02:55:57 AM »

@Wolverine: The answer is simple, the GOP so-cons have the mentality that any good soul would just somehow stay away from sex and they freaking deserve every bit of punishment....even if it costs more to deny welfare and deny them abortion coverage.

Saner so-cons and moderates  are simply aghast the idea of killing unborns.

And then there's the off chance of would-be fathers who may have wanted children now losing that chance and having absolutely no say, and this'll attract some libertarians that may otherwise have no qualms.

Idk it makes NO SENSE, I don't think Republicans have any logic on this issue (I know I didint when I was Anti-Abortion).

The other day I was talking about abortion with a friend, and he said it should be illegal. So I pointed out that most people on abortion were poor and forcing them to have kids would result in them being poorer.

He couldint respond after that....
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »

Option 2, unless the mother's life is at risk.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

Option 1 if you ask me, option 2 if forced to comply to TNF's outlook that any regulation implies option 2.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2014, 01:06:41 AM »

I've never heard a compelling point in favor of the idea that we ought to treat each fetus as a member of society, even in a limited sense.

That said, I would tolerate a fairly strict set of restrictions - a ban after the first trimester, say, which comprises the lion's share of abortions anyway - with comparatively little complaint if it meant diminishing how heavily the issue figures in our politics. The public debate is absolutely noxious, futile, and ridiculous. None of us profits from claiming that our opponents are irredeemable sexists or abettors of mass murder, and I doubt that most of those who make these claims actually believe them.

On the contrary, I think at least half the pro-choicers here legitimately believe that people who are against abortions are irredeemable misogynists. It really makes me lose a ton of respect for those folks, too. Cuz they're really missing the point.
Liftwieghts34
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »

You wana know how much rights women deserve?.

None. Zero.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2014, 03:45:31 AM »

You wana know how much rights women deserve?.

None. Zero.

//Abortion
[X] Unrestricted access to abortions. (L)

OK
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »

Idk it makes NO SENSE, I don't think Republicans have any logic on this issue (I know I didint when I was Anti-Abortion).

The other day I was talking about abortion with a friend, and he said it should be illegal. So I pointed out that most people on abortion were poor and forcing them to have kids would result in them being poorer.

Why does most people who have abortions being poor necessitate the Republicans having no logic on this issue. The reason why anyone would be pro-life is because they believe the fetus is a human life. If you believe a fetus is a human life, the question of whether they're rich or poor becomes completely irrelevant in deciding whether it should be legal to kill them.
ROIDRAGER#BB
Rookie
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »

IDC ABOUT FETUSES LOL. MOST OF THEMM GROW UP TO BE SCRAWNY LOSERS OR FAT UNLIFTING NERDS. THE ONLY FETUS THAT IS IMPORTANT IS THE ONE THAT GROWS UP TO BE LIKE ME BUFF, MASTERED, INTENSE, SEXY, AND GIANT WITH PERFECT ABS AND MUSCLES.
GaussLaw
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

Why does most people who have abortions being poor necessitate the Republicans having no logic on this issue. The reason why anyone would be pro-life is because they believe the fetus is a human life. If you believe a fetus is a human life, the question of whether they're rich or poor becomes completely irrelevant in deciding whether it should be legal to kill them.

Indeed.  A life is a life.  Period.  Dr. Seuss said it best:  "a person's a person, no matter how small."  It's not because we hate women; it's because we cherish every human life.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »

Option 1.

It's just none of my business.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

Pro-choice
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 01:26:20 AM »

But at the same time, abortions in the third trimester, and sometimes even in the second are questionable.  I know that they constituted a very small percentage of abortions prior to the Partial Term Abortion Act in 2003

Also before it, as the partial birth abortion ban only prohibited a particular type of procedure, not all abortions performed after a certain point.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 11:15:38 AM »

Option 1 if you ask me, option 2 if forced to comply to TNF's outlook that any regulation implies option 2.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies