Re: Religion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Re: Religion
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Religion  (Read 1136 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »

Because everybody de facto has a "religion," even those who claim to disdain religion, I find the constant attacks on the religious by those who claim to oppose religion disingenuous.  Those who say they oppose religion really want to impose their own version on society, and are at least as controlling and dictatorial as the religious they despise.

Religion is attributed to people who favor faith over reason and logic. The whole zealous faith over reason promotes such behavior.

It is a small step from putting faith over science (such as believing it's even remotely feasible to have 2 of each species of animal on a wooden boat) to believing you are justified in murdering someone you believe to be a witch ("Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live") and so on.

Religion promotes self-justification over external science/reason and so many evil deeds begin with self-righteousness.

I do not say Religion makes good people evil; I simply say that it is a wonderful garden for growing evil.

So in other words it's kind of like communism. Wink
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:01:14 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2005, 10:03:20 PM by Marxism-Leninism-Maoism »

Because everybody de facto has a "religion," even those who claim to disdain religion, I find the constant attacks on the religious by those who claim to oppose religion disingenuous.  Those who say they oppose religion really want to impose their own version on society, and are at least as controlling and dictatorial as the religious they despise.

Religion is attributed to people who favor faith over reason and logic. The whole zealous faith over reason promotes such behavior.

It is a small step from putting faith over science (such as believing it's even remotely feasible to have 2 of each species of animal on a wooden boat) to believing you are justified in murdering someone you believe to be a witch ("Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live") and so on.

Religion promotes self-justification over external science/reason and so many evil deeds begin with self-righteousness.

I do not say Religion makes good people evil; I simply say that it is a wonderful garden for growing evil.

Communists don't kill people because they don't agree with them. They favor science over faith, logic over faith, reason over faith.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 10:03:13 PM »

Communists don't kill people because they don't agree with them.

Tell that to the millions killed by communists.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:05:09 PM »

People actually kill people because of the religon they espouse, those who died didn't do it because the killers were communist.

The REASON for thier murders is religion unlike an economic system.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:09:18 PM »

People actually kill people because of the religon they espouse, those who died didn't do it because the killers were communist.

Communists kill capitalists because they disagree with them. Don't try to make bullsh**t excuses.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 10:10:53 PM »

Communists kill capitalists because they disagree with them. Don't try to make bullsh**t excuses.

No they don't, its quite the reverse.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 10:12:48 PM »

Fine then, ignore the brutal and oppressive reigns of communist tyrants that claimed the lives of millions. Heck, communist North Korea kills people every day simply because they don't agree with the ruling party. And don't give me crap about them 'not being real communists' - that's apologist bull.

By the way, seems you're a communist who hasn't been killed by capitalists - and you live in a frikking capitalist country.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 10:13:49 PM »

Fine then, ignore the brutal and oppressive reigns of communist tyrants that claimed the lives of millions. Heck, communist North Korea kills people every day simply because they don't agree with the ruling party. And don't give me crap about them 'not being real communists' - that's apologist bull.

I see no problem with that.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 10:15:49 PM »

I see no problem with that.

So you don't see a problem with imprisoning innocent people who've harmed nobody, then imprisoning their families, children and all, in camps that they likely will die in in a matter of years at best. Thank you for proving my point that communists are murderous scum, you murderous scum.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 10:20:03 PM »

Down with Commies!!!!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 10:21:55 PM »

Heh, as far as I'm concerned, communism is the worst religion of all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies