Zero In: December Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:30:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Zero In: December Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Zero In: December Election Tracker  (Read 5753 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 04:40:04 AM »

I didn't receive a single PM encouraging me to vote for a certain candidate before or even during the election. If that's in any way indicative of how the Federalists and D-Rs managed their GOTV operations this time around these results don't surprise me at all.

As a general rule I have delegated all non-Party members to the candidates in question, particularly those who have departed from the Party and may or may not still have issues with the said Party and may not react well to a party operative acting as a surrogate. Tongue You rest atop this list. Wink

Though it should be noted I have for months asked that all candidates, contact all voters they seek both expected and/or have a reasonable chance at attaining with a personalized pitch, backing up an active and engaging public campaign as well. So far that has been wishful thinking for the most part. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »

I'll wait for the official results before counting my chi Senators but if those preliminaries are accurate this is a great night for Atlasia.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 04:57:09 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2014, 04:59:42 AM by Lowly Griff »

Three fun sets of figures (aka "How the Federalists Blew It and TPP Managed to Squeeze Out a Second Seat"):

It should be noted that depending on your interpretation of "turnout", TPP may have had 90% turnout (if you subtract Cinci's vote due to it being invalid because of activity) or 95% turnout (as calculated above).

Other fun fact: the Liberal Party still does in fact exist (3 members) and it had 100% turnout in this election (!!!).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 09:36:44 AM »

I didn't receive a single PM encouraging me to vote for a certain candidate before or even during the election. If that's in any way indicative of how the Federalists and D-Rs managed their GOTV operations this time around these results don't surprise me at all.

For what it's worth, I had been planning to third preference SWE (before I knew Maxwell was running).  However, Cris and Lief reached out PMs that were either personalized or pretty clever (ex: Senator-elect Lief asking for the support of the Papal Patch rather than sending me some generic PM.  The Feds weren't the only ones who had less than perfect GOTV (although Labor's GOTV was clearly much better).  Excellent batch of Senators!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 03:17:46 AM »

Your numbers need work Griffin.

I have 62% Federalist Turnout.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 03:18:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 04:04:02 AM »

Your numbers need work Griffin.

I have 62% Federalist Turnout.

I missed Maistre's vote when marking voters, somehow missed 3 when plugging in the formula and had you guys down as 41 instead of 42 (which would actually make the numbers look better). Still, I'm not sure how you're getting 62% from your own numbers:

24/42 = 57.14%

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 08:47:20 AM »

The last active of Branden on the forum is November 29.
On the others, I contacted the remained Northeast Fed voters, Pacific voters and, IIRC, the others were contacted by JCL.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:58 AM »

I trust that Griffin's numbers are reasonably accurate. The Federalists would benefit from higher turnout in either situation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies