Micro-Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Micro-Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Now that law school finals are winding down, I'm thinking of doing a micro-timeline: one long, detailed post. Which one do you think is more interesting?
Client 9 for Congress

First Gay Governor

Scandal on the Bayou

Senator Palin (R-Alaska)

Senator Palin (R-Arizona)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Micro-Timeline  (Read 1511 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »

Client 9 for Congress: After the retirement of Congressman Jerry Nadler, Eliot Spitzer makes a second comeback attempt. But can he defeat Christine Quinn for the seat?

First Gay Governor?Sad President-elect Andrew Cuomo resigns is post as NY Governor. Can Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney win the governorship?

Scandal on the Bayou Governor David Vitter once again gets into trouble with the law and resigns. Can former Senator Mary Landrieu win back this seat for the Dems?

Senator Palin? The controversial former governor takes on Lisa Murkowski in a primary battle. Will she make it?

Senator Palin? The controversial former governor runs for Senate in Arizona when her former running mate, John McCain, retires.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:17:27 AM »

Senator Palin (R-AZ), yalin. She faces Krysten Sinema in the general.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »

Senator Palin (R-AZ), yalin. She faces Krysten Sinema in the general.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »

zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »

BTW you may of missed it but there has already been a gay governor. 
NJ already had the first gay governor, Jim McGreevy, who came out and resigned on the same day back in August 2004
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »

Okay, first openly gay person to be elected governor
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »

BTW you may of missed it but there has already been a gay governor. 
NJ already had the first gay governor, Jim McGreevy, who came out and resigned on the same day back in August 2004

I'm talking about the first openly gay person to be elected governor who is openly gay while on the ballot for the first time. I obviously know who Jim McGreevey his, Tongue.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:27:17 PM »

I think I am going to do multiple of these but….I am starting with the most voted on scenario in this case. But I am going to break it up into a few different entries. The first one.
…………………………………………….…………………………………………….……………………………………………………………………….

December 17, 2014: U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) blasts Pres. Obama's decision to normalize relations with Cuba. He invites Sen. Marco Rubio to his ranch in Arizona and he subsequently travels to Miami, Fl, where he blasts Pres. Obama's foreign policy.

December 21, 2014:

In an interview on Face the Nation, Bob Schieffer asks Sen. McCain if he will run for re-election in 2016.

Schieffer: So Senator, you've taken a whole new leadership role in your party on foreign policy, what does this say about your future plans.

McCain: Bob it says nothing, I am the Senator for Arizona and it's my responsibility to stand up to this President when he turns his back on principles that we hold dear.

December 30, 2014: John McCain's has a meeting with close advisors in Arizona including Steve Schmidt, a good friend and former advisor, Sens. Lindsey Graham and Joe Lieberman and others. He discusses his future and admits to his friends and advisers that he doesn't think he has it in him to run for another term.

January 8, 2015: McCain meets with advisers in Washington to discuss potential replacements if he does not run for another term. McCain tells Graham that he does not want a member of the Arizona delegation to replace him. He has two people in mind:

Former Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) or his daughter, Meghan McCain.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies