opinion of the Red Pill movement?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:06:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of the Red Pill movement?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

what is the red pill movement?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: opinion of the Red Pill movement?  (Read 13647 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 11:36:02 AM »

Never even heard of it, but if it's a group of people who think women have some privileged position over men, I would say that's rubbish.

That women are "wicked in nature?" If that's accurate, that's as horrible as it gets.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »

Googled it. So it's a bunch of people who talk online about the disenfranchisement of men, and about how women have it better.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-red-pill-reddit-2013-8
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/time-reddit-dump-red-pill/

That seems dumb.

If you look at statistics like labor force participation for men or real wages for men by age by year, you'll see the justification for belly-aching. Then consider lack of legal equity regarding parenthood, specifically that women can opt out of unintended pregnancy but not men.

Obviously, blaming women is pointless and unjustified, but blaming the other gender is how the women's right movement works. The world is full of people with legitimate complaints who lash out at the wrong people. Society doesn't seem to show any consistency as to who will be heard, and who will be humiliated.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2014, 05:01:39 PM »

A bunch of disgusting mysoginists with apparent
delusions of grandeur.

freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2014, 01:07:44 AM »

I don't get the knee-jerk dislike for these guys. They at least have a sense of humor and I admire them for there smartass/irreverent personalities. Also if there's a women's rights movement, why can't there be a men's rights one? Lastly, its not like there some fringe movement. Yes a small percentage of the population call them red pillites but many people are red pillites without even knowing it (South Park to me is a red pill show).

BTW, why does BRTD hate South Park? Is he a closeted white knight?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »

I don't get the knee-jerk dislike for these guys. They at least have a sense of humor and I admire them for there smartass/irreverent personalities. Also if there's a women's rights movement, why can't there be a men's rights one? Lastly, its not like there some fringe movement. Yes a small percentage of the population call them red pillites but many people are red pillites without even knowing it (South Park to me is a red pill show).

We men already have rights, you see.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »

At least freepcrusher told the truth about South Park.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »

Look, most of those Red Pill guys will lose interest as soon as they actually manage to get a girlfriend.

Let's be real here: these are people who think that they are entitled to sexual encounters with women, and the prospect of rejection is just about the only way to get them to start talking about "equal rights."  They are the same people who think that they are entitled to jobs; if they can't find a job they like, they blame affirmative action.  These people are everything they accuse their "oppressors" of, and far worse.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2014, 10:17:53 PM by Snowstalker »

The problem with the "men's rights" movement is not that men still don't face injustices--they are more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to commit suicide, more likely to face longer prison time for committing the same crimes, face stigma in careers like nursing and elementary education, and are liable to face stigma and even mockery for being raped, especially if they were raped in prison.

The problem with the "men's rights" movement is that it has chosen to blame all of these injustices on feminism, and spends far more time attacking feminist causes than actually helping men.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »

Look, most of those Red Pill guys will lose interest as soon as they actually manage to get a girlfriend.
You seem to me confusing Red Pillers with MRA's. Getting women is the entire purpose of the "Red Pill" movement
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »

The problem with the "men's rights" movement is not that men still don't face injustices--they are more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to commit suicide, and more likely to face longer prison time for committing the same crimes, face stigma in careers like nursing and elementary education, and are liable to face stigma and even mockery for being raped, especially if they were raped in prison.

The problem with the "men's rights" movement is that it has chosen to blame all of these injustices on feminism, and spends far more time attacking feminist causes than actually helping men.

This. If the MRAs actually did stuff about male-centric problems in society it would be fine. Instead it's just a club of guys bashing women and blaming feminism for their inability to get laid.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »

You seem to me confusing Red Pillers with MRA's. Getting women is the entire purpose of the "Red Pill" movement

OK, but if you begin dating somebody and you start out believing that they are inherently wicked and deceitful, a common theme on the Red Pill subreddit, how on earth is that going to end well?

It seems to me that the Red Pill movement is more about men getting one night stands than relationships.  Which is also entirely a doable prospect without having to be a total jerk and misogynist.  After all, not all women are looking for relationships either.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »

Merry Christmas freep! I hope you got the blow-up girlfriend you clearly desperately require.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 01:21:56 PM »

I don't get the knee-jerk dislike for these guys.

Because, dear 'freepcrusher', they are terrible people who deserve to... what's the expression... I forget... ahaa... die in a fire?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »

Indeed. Please share more, Deus. Assuming you weren't trolling, that is..
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 08:14:12 AM »

The problem with the "men's rights" movement is not that men still don't face injustices--they are more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to commit suicide, more likely to face longer prison time for committing the same crimes, face stigma in careers like nursing and elementary education, and are liable to face stigma and even mockery for being raped, especially if they were raped in prison.

Snowstalker actually made a very good point.

These movements are really quite sad. I find it hard to imagine any of these people having a close and intimate relationship with a woman (doesn't even have to be a sexual relationship). It seems like it'd be hard to uphold all these ideas if one does.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »

Instead of just calling these people horrible (they are) I will say that a movemenr like this is completely expected, sadly.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies