Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:01:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Off topic, but thought I'd include this for its historical significance  (Read 3032 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2004, 02:34:48 AM »

From a search at the old Forum, this appears to have been my first ever post....

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/leip/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=9&topic=5&start=0

I joined as a member on 3/15/01, and made my first post on 4/1/01. There weren't nearly as many threads to post on back then, and at the start of the Forum I was somewhat of a lurker who didn't post a lot. I've been on the site itself since 1999, however.

I don't think anyone else has been on the Forum since its inception (except of course, Dave himself). I think the longest remaining active members have been Migrendel and Jmfcst, who have been here since Feb. 2002 and April 2002, respectively.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 12:03:56 PM »

It's been quite a time! I've been here for so long, and I have an idea. I will make a collection of my best posts, and create a thread.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 03:04:06 PM »

I just remembered Brandon when I looked at that...he hasn't posted on the new board.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 03:38:49 PM »

Yeah, Brandon20 was with the old board from almost the beginning.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 04:20:50 PM »

I have always wondered....

Why the new board has been created? What happened to the old one?

How many active members you had in the old board? Who they were? Who was the first member and who second one?

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 04:40:55 PM »

I have always wondered....

Why the new board has been created? What happened to the old one?

How many active members you had in the old board? Who they were? Who was the first member and who second one?

You can look for yourself here: https://uselectionatlas.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/leip/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 05:03:09 PM »

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=display;board=5;threadid=48;start=375#msg7983
heh, here I was 4 months ago shameless increasing by post count to seventeen!  wow, what a difference 1/3 of a year makes!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 06:14:30 PM »

There weren't that many people at the old one...as evidenced by the fact that I had a little over 200 posts in 2.5 years, and since the new one was created, have had over 900 posts in just 4.5 months. There were quite a few regulars though who posted a lot, but overall there weren't nearly as many people. The new one adds many more new features that were not present at the old one. I was one of the first people to sign up for the old board (I signed up the day after it was created, not sure if there were many others who beat me to it.)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 06:17:31 PM »

There weren't that many people at the old one...as evidenced by the fact that I had a little over 200 posts in 2.5 years, and since the new one was created, have had over 900 posts in just 4.5 months. There were quite a few regulars though who posted a lot, but overall there weren't nearly as many people. The new one adds many more new features that were not present at the old one. I was one of the first people to sign up for the old board (I signed up the day after it was created, not sure if there were many others who beat me to it.)

Same here...I post more than you do however:

I was at the old board for about 5 months and had 250 posts...and have been here for for 5.5 and have 5850.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 12:33:23 PM »

And you are first President of Atlas Forum! What a story!

This forum is growing amazing fast.  We will have much much more members in the November when big day comes
Demrepdan

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 11:17:49 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2004, 11:23:58 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Here is my first post.....still shrined in the forum archives.......

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2;start=0

There's a LINK to it......and here is the actual post itself.....

I am currently giving my support to  Sen. John Edwards. Although, Howard Dean and Dick Gephardt fall closely behind. In many ways, I do not think Gephardt would win. His main concern is for workers rights, and his views toward this may turn away many southern voters. Howard Dean is  the fighting Liberal! The man so opposite of President Bush that he would most certainly give Bush a run for his money! But maybe he is...TOO...liberal? Hmm... And plus his remarks concerning the Confederate flag and the south proove that he is very ignorant to how to pull in southern votes. Which brings me to Edwards. Edwards would most certainatly bring in more southern votes than any of the other candidates. He has some conservative views that appeals to the south. I also like some of his views on education, and the War with Iraq (which I commonly refer to as the Gulf War II).  I'm surprised that on this poll, I was the FIRST person to vote for Edwards. I hope that some may see what potential he has.

Even my style of WRITING has changed!!!

That was back when I was a newbie....and uncomfortable posting...but not anymore Smiley

Look how old that post is.....it mentions the "Confederate Flag" comment that Dean made............ah.......memories....

I especially like the last line in that post. "I hope that some may see what potential he [Edwards] has."

And they never did........
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 11:30:15 PM »

From a search at the old Forum, this appears to have been my first ever post....

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/leip/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=9&topic=5&start=0

I joined as a member on 3/15/01, and made my first post on 4/1/01. There weren't nearly as many threads to post on back then, and at the start of the Forum I was somewhat of a lurker who didn't post a lot. I've been on the site itself since 1999, however.

I don't think anyone else has been on the Forum since its inception (except of course, Dave himself). I think the longest remaining active members have been Migrendel and Jmfcst, who have been here since Feb. 2002 and April 2002, respectively.

I think I made my first post at the old forum in July 2002. But I didn't post very much my first year.

I find it interesting how many new members there are at the new forum compared to the old. Did Dave create better ways to access this site?

On the other hand, the old forum had regulars such as Brandon, JustJoe, SCguy, NealK, DaveGOP, etc. who haven't posted here.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 11:32:07 PM »

It is ironic that two of the longest active members (Migrendel and Jmfcst) are the most ideological.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

Sorry to make a third straight post at this thread, but at the old forum there was a poster named "nyu1982". Could this be the same person as CTguy?

"nyu1982" said he was from Conn. and CTguy said he went to NYU.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 12:13:07 AM »

Sorry to make a third straight post at this thread, but at the old forum there was a poster named "nyu1982". Could this be the same person as CTguy?

"nyu1982" said he was from Conn. and CTguy said he went to NYU.

And he is 21 going on 22, indicating that he was born in 1982.  Interesting point, nclib.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 10:33:23 PM »

Perhaps, though Nyu1982 was, although liberal, never mean at all to anyone that I can recall. He was a nice guy. So I doubt it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 10:41:42 AM »

CTguy and Nyu1982 are from different parts of CT...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies