Ted Cruz will win the Republican primary- My prediction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz will win the Republican primary- My prediction
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz will win the Republican primary- My prediction  (Read 3755 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »

I hear his name more often then any other candidates.....he is articulate and ideologically consistent
I hate the bastard,I think he is a lunatic- but he will be the Republican nominee

You heard it here first
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »

I think Cruz has less of a chance than Huckabee or Santorum did in 2008 and 2012 respectively.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »

I think Cruz has less of a chance than Huckabee or Santorum did in 2008 and 2012 respectively.

Huckabee and Santorum were different animals. Santorum was a default Romney alternative who only became a runner-up after all the other campaigns collapsed. Huckabee on the other hand, actually excited social conservatives. In that way, Cruz is more like Huckabee, but even stronger since he excites a wider range of conservatives. Still, it might be true that he has less of a chance than Huckabee in 2008 (mostly because he'll have Carson and others, maybe Huckabee in the race). But Huckabee actually had a decent chance to be the nominee in 2008. He almost won both Iowa and South Carolina. So Cruz can have less of a chance than Huckabee but still a pretty good chance to be the nominee.

hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

No I don't think he will win the Republican Primary. He is too idealogical too win a large portion of the Republican Electorate.

For the record I share the same opinion as the poster of this thread does almost. Its like Cruz loves drawing attention to himself on the US Senate Floor for the fun of it. It pisses me off to be honest. He did it this weekend and Reid made him pay for it and Cruz's action made several Republican Senators angry at him.

On the positive he is a good campaigner. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »

He's definitely the favorite, but let's wait until after the Iowa Caucuses to declare him the nominee, okay?
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:19:30 PM »

Hold up, before we get to electing him, is he even eligible to be President? Let us not forget the clause of the Constitution calling for the president to be a natural born citizen. Cruz was born in Canada...

I would love to see how he explains that and how conservatives will argue it's okay (even though Obama was born "somewhere else" supposedly, it's okay Cruz was...)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:35:59 AM »

Hold up, before we get to electing him, is he even eligible to be President? Let us not forget the clause of the Constitution calling for the president to be a natural born citizen. Cruz was born in Canada...

I would love to see how he explains that and how conservatives will argue it's okay (even though Obama was born "somewhere else" supposedly, it's okay Cruz was...)

It's not OK and he is not a natural born citizen. His run is a joke.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 04:41:22 AM »

Huckabee and Santorum were different animals. Santorum was a default Romney alternative who only became a runner-up after all the other campaigns collapsed. Huckabee on the other hand, actually excited social conservatives. In that way, Cruz is more like Huckabee, but even stronger since he excites a wider range of conservatives. Still, it might be true that he has less of a chance than Huckabee in 2008 (mostly because he'll have Carson and others, maybe Huckabee in the race). But Huckabee actually had a decent chance to be the nominee in 2008. He almost won both Iowa and South Carolina. So Cruz can have less of a chance than Huckabee but still a pretty good chance to be the nominee.

Another significant difference is that Cruz, unlike Huckabee and Santorum, can raise real money to compete.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:14:37 AM »

Ha, the big donors will not let that happen.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

I'm Ready for Cruz!
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »

I don't think its that likely.  He might be able to win some primaries while the field is divided, but I don't think he'll be able to win in a one on one race with an establishment candidate.

The only ways he wins (and this assumes he gains traction in the first place, which isn't certain) is if the field remains divided with more than one candidate with establishment appeal, or the establishment candidate turns out to be flawed or similarly limited in some way.
Angel of Death
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »

It's a very tall order, but if, for once, it's the Democrats that fall in line (Clinton), maybe this time the Republicans will fall in love.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »

That does not matter so much today
A candidate can send out an email to millions of supporters andn raise millions from that one message
Maistre
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »

They do not have magical powers.

If Cruz does not win, it is not because of a lack of money. He will have plenty of that.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »

I think Cruz peaked too soon. A large swath of the party that was enamored with him initially has grown tired of his antics. I honestly think Carson May have a better shot at the nomination at this point.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »

I'm thinking he'll be one of the finalists, but wont win the nomination. In fact, I see him as the Gingrich of this cycle. Perhaps winning SC and a few other Southern primaries and refusing to drop out. Splitting the conservative vote with Paul and allowing Christie or Jeb to sneak through.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »

It's a very tall order, but if, for once, it's the Democrats that fall in line (Clinton), maybe this time the Republicans will fall in love.

Correction, Democrats have fallen both in line and in love. Wink
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 01:26:08 AM »

We certainly hope you are correct that Cruz does get the nomination!
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »

Nope.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 02:01:17 PM »

If Cruz somehow manages to win the nomination, then he will lose devastatingly to Hillary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »

Nope.

Though you're free to speak for yourself, Hillary's favorability ratings among Democrats beg to differ.

CNN: 93-6 favorability among Democrats.

Quinnipiac: 92-4 favorability among Democrats.

Monmouth: 82-11 favorability among Democrats.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »

I don't think Cruz will win. Most Republicans probably won't consider him electable (which he isn't).
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

He has no chance.  The GOP isn't as crazy as it's made out to be during Democratic circle jerks (read: Atlas threads).  He's to the right of many Republican voters, not to mention unelectable.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:42 PM »

Nope.

Though you're free to speak for yourself, Hillary's favorability ratings among Democrats beg to differ.

That doesn't mean they are "in love" with her. Why do you feel the need to argue about such a thing as if it was a hard facts at all, for that matter?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »

Nope.

That doesn't mean they are "in love" with her. Why do you feel the need to argue about such a thing as if it was a hard facts at all, for that matter?

"In love" is obviously not a serious expression to begin with. But the implication is that Democrats are only begrudgingly supporting Hillary to "fall in line", not because they actually like her, which every poll shows couldn't be further from the truth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies