December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:40:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9255 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: December 18, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »

It endears you to me, because now I can speak publically without releasing private information you would have preferred be kept private. Tongue

To be perfectly honest, I never felt any attachement to the Federalist Party and only became interested in leading it in late 2013 (Tmth running gave me a few months reprieve) when I feared it would collapse in my absence and what the lack of a Conservative PArty of some size would mean for the game. I was never that involved with the IB (though I approved of its purpose and thus why I picked it over the Whigs and stayed there until the merger), I opposed dissolution and the merger of the IB and the Whigs. Adding to that, there was always distance between us because I glory in a forcibly demolished Party you never belonged to and thus felt left out of that history whenever I brought it up (I would assume the grandpa speak refers to this). Likewise, this reaction on your part frustrated me, because I did it to inform and provide guidance and it seemed like such was being naively resisted on false assumptions (speaking largely of the Pacific here). We saw this play out in August of 2013. We also parted ways on Judicial Term Limits, which was probably one of my biggest issues at that point and the Federalists largely going in on that seemed mind boggling.

The one man is vital; it all comes down to him. I'm not saying Yankee is ineffectual, but the cards he has been dealt IRL have made it difficult for him to achieve success for the party. Maybe it's time for new leadership, but they've reached the stage where most of the people who could turn things around are too frustrated to do anything about it.

And whether it's the Whig Party, the Federalist Party, or some other big-tent right-wing group, the same problems will always exist.

The first step is getting away from even needing "one man" and instead have it actually be a team, but that just doesn't happen.

I did have a team in the RPP. I never would have succeeded in the RPP without Duke and Tmth and a number of other people. If the Federalists are just so that such can never eventually be the case here, then yes it will be time for me to step aside as well because I will never be that one man. I never was and never will be.

That said, the sentiment that things never change and will always be the same is a driving force behind the lack of participation by conservatives. After so many years, they conclude their is not chance of ever getting their way and then you have to fight gravity to get them to turn out at numbers just barely above par to stay even, more or less get ahead. This lack of turnout creates a self-fullfilling prophesy of failure that drives more disinterest and more lack of participation. You then have to fight gravy to get the necessary turnout.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:36 AM »

To be fair it's not like the political matrix has a lot of relevance in an Atlasian context. Our platform is fairly centrist (if liberal), which is what counts. Likewise Labor's platform is probably (or at least last I checked) farther left than the PM score would indicate. Do the Feds actually have a platform?

We spent weeks working on amending it this past summer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies