December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9254 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: December 15, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »

If BK's results are accurate I don't see how anyone could vote anything other than a historic victory for both TPP and Labor. Through good vote management Labor got both their candidates comfortably elected with a quota after everyone had written off SWE, and we held two seats against all conceivable odds.

The Federalists are looking more and more like the Liberals every day. I'm shocked no-one's taken the obvious route of founding a right-wing party that isn't an utter joke.

The DRs are also a minor loser for failing to organise a proper campaign and apparently not being aware Deus wasn't running again.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »

In the past months the Federalists have -

Lost a safe right-wing seat by failing to respond to strategic registration Loss

Won a Presidential election Win

Lost that President's vacant seat to a minor party Loss

Saw their incumbent Senator lose despite a field including no libertarian and a candidate who literally didn't campaign Loss

This doesn't even include insanity like coming close to replacing the most popular President in a generation with Naso on their ticket.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »

The fact that Federalists won only one senate seat with nearly the same number of members as the Labor party really speaks volumes about their voter turnout system.

What the Federalists need is a blue Griffin.

They've been a remarkable travesty since Hagrid left.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »

To be fair it's not like the political matrix has a lot of relevance in an Atlasian context. Our platform is fairly centrist (if liberal), which is what counts. Likewise Labor's platform is probably (or at least last I checked) farther left than the PM score would indicate. Do the Feds actually have a platform?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »

The issue Windjammer is touching on is another major reason why the Right has problems outside the fact that the main right-wing party is a literal joke - organising libertarians is like herding cats. You could be comfortably winning an election with the generic Right candidate and then a bunch of the libertarians will go off en masse and vote for Poirot or something. You can see this clearly in the Mideast Senate race, when the libertarians refused (er, understandably enough but you know) to vote for Cassius, meaning that Windjammer would have won even without his zombie armada. That says shocking things about the state of the right.

(Oh, and I'd vote for Hagrid too, if he ever came back. RIP, FF. Cry )
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 01:24:58 PM by oakvale »

The issue Windjammer is touching on is another major reason why the Right has problems outside the fact that the main right-wing party is a literal joke - organising libertarians is like herding cats. You could be comfortably winning an election with the generic Right candidate and then a bunch of the libertarians will go off en masse and vote for Poirot or something. You can see this clearly in the Mideast Senate race, when the libertarians refused (er, understandably enough but you know) to vote for Cassius, meaning that Windjammer would have won even without his zombie armada. That says shocking things about the state of the right.

(Oh, and I'd vote for Hagrid too, if he ever came back. RIP, FF. Cry )

Oh and oakvale, I would have never tried to make this region a Labor region if the great member of your party, Simfan, didn't have moved so many rightwingers from the Midwest and the Mideast to the Pacific.
I know everyone knows that Simfan not only made TNF safe, he as well created an opportunity for the left to win in the most socially conservative region. I would have never tried to turn this region if Keaton, Zuwo, enderman and some others hadn't moved.

Yes, that's absolutely true and I've said so on many occasions.

e: No one 'recruited' Matt to do anything. The less said about the substance of the post the better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies