December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:05:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9285 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: December 15, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »

I'll vote Labor/Federalists.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »

I kind of decided on the whim that I was running. We knew for a while Deus wasn't running, none of us really wanted to go for the seat though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.

That's probably because the D-Rs have less than a quarter of the membership of the Federalist Party...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.

That's probably because the D-Rs have less than a quarter of the membership of the Federalist Party...

The TPP is also quite a small party but yet they managed to get two people elected by running their best guys (that wasn't always the case, see the most recent NE Senate election) and due to excellent GOTV efforts.
I may be wrong, but the fact that no one ran to replace Deus until the announcement of two last-minute write-in-campaigns gave off the impression of a party in disarray. It's an uphill battle to win an at-large Senate seat for a small party like yours but I believe it could have been possible considering the bench of qualified candidates you have to offer.

TPP is also literally a "hall of fame party".

I don't disagree with the idea that we should've had better GOTV, but to say our party is in disarray is just silly and over-dramatic.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »

I think the Feds and D-R's are different parties for a reason, because a general "right-wing" party doesn't really work. There will always be that split. That being said, I believe the right person can unite both of those parties in a Presidential election, a fiscal conservative who doesn't offend socons or libertarian types (aka someone who is silent on those marriage issues while at the same time pro-gay marriage and maybe pro choice). There are few like that, but someone exists, for sure.

For example, I would try to rally D-R's behind a Hagrid for President candidacy if he became an active member of the game again.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »

I think the Feds and D-R's are different parties for a reason, because a general "right-wing" party doesn't really work. There will always be that split. That being said, I believe the right person can unite both of those parties in a Presidential election, a fiscal conservative who doesn't offend socons or libertarian types (aka someone who is silent on those marriage issues while at the same time pro-gay marriage and maybe pro choice). There are few like that, but someone exists, for sure.

For example, I would try to rally D-R's behind a Hagrid for President candidacy if he became an active member of the game again.

Hagrid would seem like an excellent candidate to unite D-R's and Federalists indeed. But reading his comments on the previous page ('right-wing extremists','bigoted imbeciles') I am not sure he's still interested in being a candidate of the right. Wink

That does seem to be the case, I did not read that page.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

The fact is libertarians are not going to just follow the right-wing orthodoxy and nor should they.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »

The fact is libertarians are not going to just follow the right-wing orthodoxy and nor should they.

Well then we will all keep on losing, until that changes.

Aren't you in "The People's Party"? the "great centrists"? Why do you care what happens to "The Right"?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »

Dude,
When you were all in the federalist party: you managed to have: an almost successful libertarian ticket, a Mideast Senator (Spiral), at large senators (Matt, Goldwater, Maxwell, and tmthforu in some extent), candidates for the NE senate race (Matt) etc etc.
Now, after the split, what do you have? N-O-T-H-I-N-G

You speak like if the fed party was the atlasian version of the republican party. That's not the case, even the socons (DC, JCL) are quite libertarian.

And that was an awful period of time, and ended up destroying the Federalist Party as we knew it then. That coalition of votes wasn't going to last whether i had continued at the helm or not.

And the Federalist Party isn't like the Republican Party now. Quite the opposite - It doesn't really stand for anything. I saw one of the people in the party creating a "Main Street Project" and my thoughts were really "Besides JCL, who really is a conservative that needs distancing from?". The game is much more fun with hard ideological components, and I think the game is better with a right wing that CAN come together but doesn't necessarily HAVE to.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »

Dude,
When you were all in the federalist party: you managed to have: an almost successful libertarian ticket, a Mideast Senator (Spiral), at large senators (Matt, Goldwater, Maxwell, and tmthforu in some extent), candidates for the NE senate race (Matt) etc etc.
Now, after the split, what do you have? N-O-T-H-I-N-G

You speak like if the fed party was the atlasian version of the republican party. That's not the case, even the socons (DC, JCL) are quite libertarian.

And that was an awful period of time, and ended up destroying the Federalist Party as we knew it then. That coalition of votes wasn't going to last whether i had continued at the helm or not.

And the Federalist Party isn't like the Republican Party now. Quite the opposite - It doesn't really stand for anything. I saw one of the people in the party creating a "Main Street Project" and my thoughts were really "Besides JCL, who really is a conservative that needs distancing from?". The game is much more fun with hard ideological components, and I think the game is better with a right wing that CAN come together but doesn't necessarily HAVE to.

How can you describe that as "awful"?

Well, I mean, the Matt/Maxwell ticket was a massive success, no doubt, but the Party we ran didn't really get anything accomplished despite electoral success.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies