Obama: 37-yr old Surgeon General has "lifetime of experience" in public health
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama: 37-yr old Surgeon General has "lifetime of experience" in public health
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama: 37-yr old Surgeon General has "lifetime of experience" in public health  (Read 1863 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/vivek-murthy-confirmed-surgeon-general-113584.html#ixzz3M1csjVOZ

Vivek Murthy, the real life inspiration for TV's Doogie Howser M.D., was confirmed by the Senate with a vote of 51-43.
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:53 PM »

Great news!
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »

Is this this guy who people hate because he thinks gun-shot wounds are unhealthy?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

Is this this guy who people hate because he thinks gun-shot wounds are unhealthy?

Yes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »

Wonderful news! I hope he gives the NRA a good thrashing.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »

Yes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 01:34:29 AM »

Three Democrats crossed Party Lines to vote against him - Heitkamp, Donnelly, and Manchin. One Republican did the same to vote for him - Mark Kirk.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 05:37:41 AM »

You get what everyone else gets: you get a lifetime
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »

The NRA/Republican opposition to this was completely ludicrous. It would be like blocking a Secretary of Defense nominee because of their position on abortion. Who f'ing cares about their views on something that is completely irrelevant to the job?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »

The NRA/Republican opposition to this was completely ludicrous. It would be like blocking a Secretary of Defense nominee because of their position on abortion. Who f'ing cares about their views on something that is completely irrelevant to the job?

The point of controversy regarding guns was that the nominee did not believe that it was irrelevant to his job.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:03 AM »

The point of controversy regarding guns was that the nominee did not believe that it was irrelevant to his job.

Referring to gun violence as a health issue is not controversial / arguable, or is there more to this that I hadn't seen?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:27 AM »

Referring to gun violence as a health issue is not controversial / arguable, or is there more to this that I hadn't seen?

I think it was that he referred to "guns" rather than "gun violence" as being a health problem.
t_host1

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »

As I understand it, this guy wants to train everyone the proper use of and tactical defense, and, now that the complete funding of Obamacare has occurred, anyone not owning a gun will be provided a gun – at first, the choice of gun will be limited. The pro-choice crowd is said to be upset that it will still be unlawful to use their Obama gun to kill their own baby, insisting the  $ saving’s would be substantial for the Obamacare system.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »

Reverse ageism strikes again.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »

I think it was that he referred to "guns" rather than "gun violence" as being a health problem.

It was a tweet, though, wasn't it?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 11:04:23 AM »

Genuine curiosity, old friend - What power does the SG actually have over anything?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »

Why "reverse"? Ageism is always perpetrated by olds against youngs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »

Genuine curiosity, old friend - What power does the SG actually have over anything?

Hahah, who knows. I think he just gives speeches about how to be healthy?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

Hahah, who knows. I think he just gives speeches about how to be healthy?

Right.........so if Doogie Howser can give a good speech, I'm all for it.  Smiley
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »

Minor appointment. He's there for two years and will merely be making speeches nonstop with no actual power.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 02:11:17 AM »

As I understand it, this guy wants to train everyone the proper use of and tactical defense, and, now that the complete funding of Obamacare has occurred, anyone not owning a gun will be provided a gun – at first, the choice of gun will be limited. The pro-choice crowd is said to be upset that it will still be unlawful to use their Obama gun to kill their own baby, insisting the  $ saving’s would be substantial for the Obamacare system.

t_host, serious question: what are you?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 02:40:57 AM »

I thought the free Obama guns were only for ex-convicts and people on poverty assistance?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »

t_host1

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »

Matter, a gift, condensed to human form for a limited amount time, understanding what is possible.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies