FY 2015 Budget (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:24:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FY 2015 Budget (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: FY 2015 Budget (Passed)  (Read 10824 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2015, 07:29:30 PM »

Houray!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2015, 05:48:13 AM »

Oh, endlich! Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:20 PM »

We must remember that this was an undesirable circumstance foisted on us. I remember 2013 and 2012, working on those budgets with Nix and Napoleon, of all people. There were areas of contention and there was always that unresolved issue that we had to accept as the price for moving forward either because of the political landscape or because it simply was an overwhelming task for our limitations. I don't pretend at any point to think that this budget resolves our pressing concerns economically, which extend far beyond this text and include various legislative acts that have been pursued without much concern for the consequences.

I wish I had done more over the last seven to eight months, in spite of the fact that unlike in the Duke Administration (and then only for a few short months) there has at no point in that period of time been a governing majority on these issues, the sort that Duke, Lumine, shua and myself championed last Spring, but I would note that between having no internet and two months later facing the daunting prospect of a move made such already futile attempts impossible. I have also never been one for quixotic quests and when the opportunities have come about over the last few years I have sought to pursue those issues, but those opportunities have been few and far between.

I hope the next administration or the one to follow takes this budget serious from the beginning and addresses our root problems for a change and I hope the Senate cooperates at that time to bring about that objective.

Anyway, congrats to President Lumine to my colleges for getting this completed. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies