Which state party is in bigger state of decimation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which state party is in bigger state of decimation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ??
Alabama Democratic Party

Hawaii Republican Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Which state party is in bigger state of decimation?  (Read 3946 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:45:24 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2014, 05:19:53 PM by ElectionsGuy »

Tough one
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »

Hawaii wins. They have only one Republican Senator.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 01:28:34 AM »

Democrats have only one white Senator in Alabama, and even him - from majority-black district. So - not sure.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:41:52 AM »

Democrats have only one white Senator in Alabama, and even him - from majority-black district. So - not sure.

Also, at least the HI GOP can at least be competitive in state/federal races. Not win, but compete with pols like Djou and Aiona.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:35 AM »

Also, at least the HI GOP can at least be competitive in state/federal races. Not win, but compete with pols like Djou and Aiona.

Yes. Djou almost won this year. But i am at loss to name Democrat, who got at least 40% in statewide race in Alabama this year. And the only win in federal race - in VRA-mandated heavily black district.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 02:01:37 AM »

Yes. Djou almost won this year. But i am at loss to name Democrat, who got at least 40% in statewide race in Alabama this year. And the only win in federal race - in VRA-mandated heavily black district.

I actually think, in terms of just legislative seats/strength, the TN Democrats are worse off than the AL Democrats. Even in 2008, they had the Governorship, the State Senate, and were about even in the State House. Now, they've lost all that and are down to 6 (!) of the 33 Senate seats. Also, the the TN Dems are struggling to get their preferred statewide candidates elected in the primaries.

I know TN is naturally less favorable then AL, as its less black and the blacks in TN are much more concentrated, but still.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 02:54:56 AM »

I actually think, in terms of just legislative seats/strength, the TN Democrats are worse off than the AL Democrats. Even in 2008, they had the Governorship, the State Senate, and were about even in the State House. Now, they've lost all that and are down to 6 (!) of the 33 Senate seats. Also, the the TN Dems are struggling to get their preferred statewide candidates elected in the primaries.

I know TN is naturally less favorable then AL, as its less black and the blacks in TN are much more concentrated, but still.

I'm still disappointed that Charlie Brown lost the gubernatorial race this year.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:49 AM »

May be. Florida's Democratic party is weak too. They have not only substantial number of Blacks, but many Hispanics (including non-Cubans), and a lot of Jews and other Northern transplants, for whom "liberal" is not a "dirty word" as it is for almost all whites in Alabama, Mississippi or Louisiana (it seems - it will in Arkansas soon too). And still - very modest results, especially - on state legislative level.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:58 AM »

I'm still disappointed that Charlie Brown lost the gubernatorial race this year.

You mean - primary? He wouldn't win general in any case..
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »

Nope, he was the democratic nominee for governor in 2014.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 05:14:43 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2014, 05:17:54 AM by smoltchanov »

Nope, he was the democratic nominee for governor in 2014.

Oh, yes, i forgot that Democrats got him as a candidate. Still he stood no chances against Haslam. I think even Bredesen would lose double-digit in such climate.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »

Tilt Hawaii Republican Party, though both are equally disarrayed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »

Tennessee and South Carolina are both definitely up there.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

Yeah, South Carolina's Dems are definitely getting weaker since 2010.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:35 PM »

Isn't the Alabama Democratic Party bankrupt? I'd go for that.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 01:19:24 AM »

I'd say Alabama Democrats, since it's at least possible for a Republican to be elected Governor of Hawaii and at least make some races appear competitive.

Alabama Democrats are essentially winning no white voters, and changing that is a much bigger hurdle than convincing Hawaiians to vote Republican. Proof in the most recent elections.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 01:37:02 AM »

Now, they've lost all that and are down to 6 (!) of the 33 Senate seats. Also, the the TN Dems are struggling to get their preferred statewide candidates elected in the primaries.

Its actually down to 5 Smiley
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »

Both, as well as the Florida DEM.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »

To be honest, I think the title of this thread, with these two choices should be "Which party is more decimated?".

State parties like the FL Dems and WA GOP would be in "disarray", by the meaning of the word.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »

To be honest, I think the title of this thread, with these two choices should be "Which party is more decimated?".

State parties like the FL Dems and WA GOP would be in "disarray", by the meaning of the word.

The thing is, Washington GOP controls the State Senate (before it was neutral control, but now I think they have it outright), and their bench isn't completely terrible. They also have a statewide elected official (SoS Kim Wyman) unlike Florida.

Now replace Washington GOP with Oregon GOP, and I think you're right.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »

The thing is, Washington GOP controls the State Senate (before it was neutral control, but now I think they have it outright), and their bench isn't completely terrible. They also have a statewide elected official (SoS Kim Wyman) unlike Florida.

I see, the FL Dems and Oregon GOP are on equal footing.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »

Alabama Democratic Party.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »

I see, the FL Dems and Oregon GOP are on equal footing.

Oregon GOP forgot it's own moderate roots (Morse, McCall, Hatfield, Packwood and many other) and ignored the fact, that Oregon is generally blue state. This year it was the best state for Democrats, who increased their majorities in legislature while preserving Senate and Governor seats exactly because Republicans nominated too many conservatives (Wehby was more moderate, but had a lot of other problems)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »

Oregon just needs the right Republican.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies