How much can you bench press?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:28:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How much can you bench press?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Less than 20 kg

20-40 kg

41-60 kg

61-80 kg

81-100 kg

101-120 kg

121-140 kg

Over 140 kg

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: How much can you bench press?  (Read 1764 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »

Your man card is history!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha.  It was history the day I decided that the free weights were to scary. 

Oh, there are little orange hard polymer quick-connect clamps for the weights.  They have a small lever perpendicular to the body of the clam that is turned 90 degrees and it locks down, sort of like the mechanism on an aluminum pressure cooker.  I noticed them today on a peg on the wall.  Some of the guys use them and some don't.  I didn't touch any of that stuff today.  I went straight to the bicycle room and took a 49-minute ride through the Cape of Good Hope, starting in Cape Town.  Worked up a good sweat, then I went to the dry sauna--the steam sauna, like the hot tub, is in the pool area and is off limits for a week--and sat there with only a small towel wrapped around my waist.  Me and three other men enjoying the sauna, none of us wearing anything except towels.  How macho is that?  Then, I showered.  I used the big open shower area with eight shower heads in a big common room.  I showered with two other men.  How manly is that?  Three men, one shower.  What could be more manly than that?  I may not be buff and SHREDDED TO THE MAX like some of them, but I can strut about the locker room naked with the best of them.  Very macho. 

On the walk home I stopped at the liquor store and bought four bottles of red wine.  It came to $34.78.  Guess how I paid for it?  One twenty-dollar bill, two five-dollar bills, four one-dollar bills, and seventy-eight cents in coin. 

By the way, according to the woman at the liquor store--not the one near me, but another one about 3 miles away--said that men mostly pay with money.  Currency, or currency and coin.  Women, on the other hand, generally pay for their liquor with credit cards or debit cards.  That was just her observation, but think about that, you stud, the next time you whip out your plastic to buy your booze.

Tongue
mencken
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2016, 12:37:01 AM by mencken »

255 lbs; not too bad for a 140 lb frame.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 07:29:24 PM »

260lb, which is really mediocre considering I weigh 220.  I blame it on my long ass arms.  Can squat 425 and deadlift 475 though.

255 lbs; not to bad for a 140 lb frame.

This is quite good, you should consider training to compete recreationally in one of the lighter weight classes if you really enjoy lifting.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »

Convert this to normal units. I have no idea what the poll options are and I don't feel like Googling them.

As for me, my one rep max was about 190-195lbs, but that was a few months ago, and I haven't lifted since. I weigh 150lbs, for reference.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies