Pacific Court
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:55:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Court
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Court  (Read 946 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:50 AM »

Welcome to the office of the Pacific Justice.

Any legal opinions will be found here... Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »

Greetings all,

In response to a petition by council member Turkisblau, I have acted to begin the Fourteenth Legislative Council.  While I have no ambition of stepping on anyone's toes, including the Governor, I do hope to address any grievances regarding the function of our government whenever possible.  I am eager to see that the fourteenth council is able to get to work for the people of the Pacific.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »

bump for relevant reasons
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:21:36 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 02:27:19 AM by Ebowed »

Greetings all,

The certification of the recent council election appears inaccurate.  Intell, rather than Spamage, is winner of the seat.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:37:57 AM »

Thank you for the clarification of the results - I hope this matter is promptly dealt with.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »

Greetings all,

It appears as though Governor Simfan has left office, and I will be stepping in to serve as the Acting Governor.

Among our chief orders of business;
- Electing a Speaker for the Pacific Legislature
- Appointing a new delegate to the Constitutional Convention
- Holding a replacement election for Governor Simfan
- Generally increasing regional activity and citizen participation.

Therefore; anyone with questions, or any interest in running for the gubernatorial election, or an interest in serving at the ConCon, please contact me or make such intentions known within this thread.  Thanks very much!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »

Greetings all,

It appears as though Governor Simfan has left office, and I will be stepping in to serve as the Acting Governor.

Among our chief orders of business;
- Electing a Speaker for the Pacific Legislature
- Appointing a new delegate to the Constitutional Convention
- Holding a replacement election for Governor Simfan
- Generally increasing regional activity and citizen participation.

Therefore; anyone with questions, or any interest in running for the gubernatorial election, or an interest in serving at the ConCon, please contact me or make such intentions known within this thread.  Thanks very much!
Mr. Ebowed I have one question for you from my understanding it says that the Justice can only administer the Election, and since I believe I'm still Speaker I'm acting Governor.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »

Mr. Ebowed I have one question for you from my understanding it says that the Justice can only administer the Election, and since I believe I'm still Speaker I'm acting Governor.

You are correct that I will be administering a replacement election for the Governor.  If you are the only declared candidate as Speaker, you will adopt the post by acclamation within 72 hours, and will continue to wield full autonomy over the legislature.  However, we cannot have a situation where the same person is voting on bills and then signing legislation into law.  If the community consensus is that other tasks should be neglected until a new Governor is elected, I shall respect that view.  If someone expresses an interest in the ConCon position, I will consult with the legislature.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »

You are correct that I will be administering a replacement election for the Governor.  If you are the only declared candidate as Speaker, you will adopt the post by acclamation within 72 hours, and will continue to wield full autonomy over the legislature.  However, we cannot have a situation where the same person is voting on bills and then signing legislation into law.  If the community consensus is that other tasks should be neglected until a new Governor is elected, I shall respect that view.  If someone expresses an interest in the ConCon position, I will consult with the legislature.
Thank You.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2015, 06:10:32 PM by Negusa Nagast »

Hello Justice Ebowed, I am interested in entering the Constitutional Convention.

The Pacific needs a moderate, pragmatic representative to represent itself at the convention. Announcing your opposition to a plan and then trying to drag it toward your view (effectively voiding any say or political capital you had on the issue) is not good diplomacy. Announcing plans that are dead on arrival is not good for debate. Refraining from the nuanced discussion to only occasionally emerge to vote Aye or Nay is not good for discussion.

I pledge an active, fresh, and reasonable approach to the convention. To avoid bogging it down by representing my amendments even after it's failed three times.

Thanks

x Nagas
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 06:04:39 PM »

I will be running for Governor.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »

Announce that in the Declaration thread, I believe.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

Thank you, Nagas.  I welcome your application and view it favorably.  At this juncture, I would like to solicit advice from members of the Council.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »

Greetings all,

I am pleased to announce that after consultation, Nagas will be named as delegate to the Constitutional Convention.  Please join me in wishing him all the best in this role.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »

Congratulations Nagas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies