Opinion of Tom Wolf
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Tom Wolf
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The Governor-elect of Pennsylvania
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Opinion of Tom Wolf  (Read 1117 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »

Bill Walker (I-AK): 75.9% Approval
Doug Ducey (R-AZ): 28.6% Approval
Asa Hutchinson (R-AR): 34.2% Approval
David Ige (D-HI): 61.5% Appoval
Bruce Rauner (R-IL): 39.6% Approval
Larry Hogan (R-MD): 52.0% Approval
Charlie Baker (R-MA): 66.7% Approval
Pete Ricketts (R-NE): 35.0% Approval
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »

Major FF.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »

Ask me in about 2 years
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:31:29 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »

At least he isn't pro-pedophile.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »

Tentative FF.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »

Proud to say he was the first person I ever voted for. The problem is that he'll be relatively ineffective because of the legislature belonging to the Republicans.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »

Proud to say he was the first person I ever voted for. The problem is that he'll be relatively ineffective because of the legislature belonging to the Republicans.

Not necessarily. The Democrats didn't have control of the Legislature here during most of when Rendell was Governor; yet he was definitely.... effective. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »

Not necessarily. The Democrats didn't have control of the Legislature here during most of when Rendell was Governor; yet he was definitely.... effective. 

Rendell was an experienced politico and knew his way around though. Wolf isn't an experienced politico, he's a businessman, and generally it seems business people don't have the same touch.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:03 PM »

Panda Express

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »

It's pretty impressive how he came out of nowhere, annihilated his primary opponents (who weren't exactly nobodies), then turn around and beat the hell out of an incumbent Republican governor in a year like 2014. Tom Wolf is a beast.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »

Rendell was an experienced politico and knew his way around though. Wolf isn't an experienced politico, he's a businessman, and generally it seems business people don't have the same touch.

And the honeymoon will soon be over. Reality is setting in.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »

FF
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »

I'm inclined to disagree, his recent window dressing (refusing to take a salary, etc.), even though alot of it's obvious considering he's wealthy, makes him more popular.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »

I'm inclined to disagree, his recent window dressing (refusing to take a salary, etc.), even though alot of it's obvious considering he's wealthy, makes him more popular.

That feel good stuff doesn't last long. Voters aren't going to care that he isn't taking a salary a year or two into his term. Not to say that the no salary, gift ban, etc. doesn't get praise. It's just that in comparison to looming budget battles/realities, people won't care.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

That feel good stuff doesn't last long. Voters aren't going to care that he isn't taking a salary a year or two into his term. Not to say that the no salary, gift ban, etc. doesn't get praise. It's just that in comparison to looming budget battles/realities, people won't care.

Indeed, but it does make him more likable and gives him more armor to go into those fights.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies