Obama criticizes Sony for pulling "The Interview" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:07:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama criticizes Sony for pulling "The Interview" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama criticizes Sony for pulling "The Interview"  (Read 1591 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: December 19, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »

I agree with the sentiment, but does the release of a movie really rise to the level so serious that it requires the president to speak out? I don't think so. The US government itself tried to censor the Innocence of Muslims by asking YouTube to take it down after riots attacked US embassies in 2012- actual physical violence where people were killed, which is a lot worse than issuing a few empty threats and exposing Amy Pascal's racist emails. If I were Sony I would be pretty pissed. What laws have they broken that the US government had to take an official stance against them? If Obama wanted the movie released so bad he could have worked with then to get it pushed to a later date. They are the victims here, having been hacked, facing legal threats from movie theaters, and losing hundreds of millions on this dumb flick- which for all we know never would have bee made without them to begin with. Obama screwed up here unless there's more to this story we don't know. I also think that it's funny how North Korea preventing a movie from being released had generated far more outrage than their actual human rights atrocities. How dare they interfere with our entertainment!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies