Do your parents give you Christmas presents? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:39:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do your parents give you Christmas presents? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well, do they?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Do your parents give you Christmas presents?  (Read 5471 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: December 19, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »

I normally get a modest gift card and a new wristwatch from my parents.  Occasionally, somebody will throw in a new billfold.  There is usually one big ticket item, but it's not necessarily given on Christmas Eve.  Pretty much any big ticket item after Labor Day is considered my main Christmas present from them.  My birthday is April 29, so any bigger ticket item purchased after the new year that aren't a part of the Christmas gift cards count as my birthday.  I usually get them a modest gift each like a gift card or movie.  For instance, I got my Dad a Blu-Ray set of all the Superman movies and I got Mom a gift card to Red Lobster, a local seafood establishment so she can use for date nights with dad.  Two or three years ago, I got Dad the complete set of the Star Wars movies on Blu-ray.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »

Ok, a national chain that happens to have locations in Oklahoma. You happy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:21:05 AM »

Wikipedia informs me that Red Lobster is based in Orlando. That's very local to Oklahoma. Do you guys have any good seafood in Oklahoma? It's very hard to find in Memphis.

I don't eat a lot of seafood and I personally don't go to Red Lobster, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask.  Maxwell or possibly Grant might be able to answer more accurately.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »

Yes, they do. Usually, it's some smaller practical stuff and one bigger present (last year, it was an iPad).

My mom's the one in my immediate family that loves to shop and buy things for people. My dad really isn't the shopper and I'm typically the one that ends up going with him very shortly before Christmas to buy things for her. My dad's almost the stereotypical last-minute shopper (those who seem to vastly populate the malls the last two or three days before Christmas).

That's very much like my parents.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies