What is your favorite REAL Eye-talian food?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your favorite REAL Eye-talian food?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Chef Boyardee pizza in a box.

Spaghetti Wharehouse

Canned ravioli or Spaghetti O's

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: What is your favorite REAL Eye-talian food?  (Read 3178 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 09:46:55 PM »

Chicken/eggplant parmesan.

That reminds me of aqua velva.... And we all know who aqua velva reminds us of.

Congrats, Phil.
I just finished a bottle of Aqua Velva recently.

That explain why you'll never get laid.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »

Chicken/eggplant parmesan.

That reminds me of aqua velva.... And we all know who aqua velva reminds us of.

Congrats, Phil.
I just finished a bottle of Aqua Velva recently.

That explain why you'll never get laid.
I'm not planning to until I'm married.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 04:06:56 AM »

Pasta Smiley

Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 07:02:33 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2014, 07:08:26 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn »

From Italian immigrants in the Rio de la Plata:

Sorrentini de mozzarella (Argentina) with Caruso Sauce (Uruguay):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caruso_Sauce

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »

Is anyone else doing a Feast of the Seven Fishes tomorrow?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »

Of course! Haven't had a Christmas Eve without it!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »

Of course! Haven't had a Christmas Eve without it!

My brother-in-law's family is Polish, so he says they do the Feast of the Six Starches.  Cheesy

Re: the poll, given the choices, Spaghetti Warehouse. Hardly authentic, but tasty nonetheless. An easy choice considering that chef Boyaar dee pizza and (especially) canned pasta are among the most noxious foods ever invented.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 03:09:09 PM »

Until recent years my family didn't do the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Instead we did, well, whatever it is that non-Italian white Americans eat on Christmas, I actually don't remember very clearly. Sometime around 2010 or so my mother and I both, more or less independently of each other, started getting more culturally conservative and interested in our heritage, so we've done it for the past four or five Christmases with varying degrees of culinary success. We're still tinkering with what our menu for it is, since there was a good thirty-five- or forty-year gap where there was no tradition of it in my family, so whatever we used to do back in the fifties and sixties or whenever has been mostly forgotten by now. This year we're focusing mostly on cod and various bivalves, with some shrimp and calamari as well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »

Until recent years my family didn't do the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Instead we did, well, whatever it is that non-Italian white Americans eat on Christmas, I actually don't remember very clearly. Sometime around 2010 or so my mother and I both, more or less independently of each other, started getting more culturally conservative and interested in our heritage, so we've done it for the past four or five Christmases with varying degrees of culinary success. We're still tinkering with what our menu for it is, since there was a good thirty-five- or forty-year gap where there was no tradition of it in my family, so whatever we used to do back in the fifties and sixties or whenever has been mostly forgotten by now. This year we're focusing mostly on cod and various bivalves, with some shrimp and calamari as well.

I am so happy you are more culturally conservative and in tune with your classy roots! God bless you and yours.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »

On a serious note, we did make authentic margherita pizza for dinner last night. It was very good. I, very bravely, declined to dip it in ranch dressing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »

On a serious note, we did make authentic margherita pizza for dinner last night. It was very good. I, very bravely, declined to dip it in ranch dressing.

The one kind of pizza Our Dear Friend is supposed to eat in its entirety. Go figure he would probably believe it's "disgusting," like his brother.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »

The one kind of pizza Our Dear Friend is supposed to eat in its entirety. Go figure he would probably believe it's "disgusting," like his brother.

His brother ate on a naval ship for 20 years so he has no taste buds left.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »

True. I'm just appalled that he has been to Naples and is still so ignorant.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »

True. I'm just appalled that he has been to Naples and is still so ignorant.

You can't take OK out of the boy.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 01:18:14 AM »

I like round table pizza with bacon, green onion, and garlic sauce.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 01:30:37 AM »

I am so happy you are more culturally conservative and in tune with your classy roots! God bless you and yours.

Thanks, Phil. We're a lot more fulfilled and in touch with who I think we truly are than we used to be, especially at Christmastime. How was your Vigilia? Ours was excellent, not quite as good as last year's but better than any other we've made so far.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »

Thanks, Phil. We're a lot more fulfilled and in touch with who I think we truly are than we used to be, especially at Christmastime. How was your Vigilia? Ours was excellent, not quite as good as last year's but better than any other we've made so far.

Great, as usual but, like always, we made far too much to eat in one night.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies