Legal things to do when bored
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Legal things to do when bored
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Legal things to do when bored  (Read 5203 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »
« edited: December 20, 2014, 11:30:08 PM by RR1997 »

Christmas Break has begun, and I really have nothing to do. This is the first Christmas break in a while where I'm not travelling anywhere. I typically invite friends over/go to other people's houses, but they all seem busy this Holiday season. I can text them every now and then, but that isn't enough. I'm usually piled under schoolwork, but I'm obviously not now. There is nothing interesting going on in the world right now, and most of the people I'm following on social media aren't posting anything remotely interesting. Even this forum is starting to bore me right now.  I'm really bored out of my mind right now, and Christmas Break is for two weeks. I'm getting so desperate right now that I'm going to post a thread about this.

Do you guys know of interesting things that I (along with other people who are bored right now) could do right now (preferably online, and not flash-based since I'm on an iPad)?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »

Stop whining and make yourself useful. I'm sure something in your home needs to be cleaned, washed, raked, shoveled, or vacuumed.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 04:51:09 PM by RR1997 »

Stop whining and make yourself useful. I'm sure something in your home needs to be cleaned, washed, raked, shoveled, or vacuumed.
Thank you for the advice, but we've already cleaned the house (we actually just finished yesterday), we've hired someone to rake the driveway, there is no snow in Illinois right now(😥), so there is nothing to shovel, all the dishes today have been washed, and my mom has already vacuumed the house.

Am I really coming off as a whiner right now? If I am, then I apologize. I typically am not a whiner, but I really can't think of anything to do right now.

Do you guys know of any interesting websites?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:08:12 PM »

Thank you for the advice, but we've already cleaned the house (we actually just finished yesterday), we've hired someone to rake the driveway, there is no snow in Illinois right now(😥), so there is nothing to shovel, all the dishes today have been washed, and my mom has already vacuumed the house.

Am I really coming off as a whiner right now? If I am, then I apologize. I typically am not a whiner, but I really can't think of anything to do right now.

Memphis is usually complaining about religion or what somebody does, I don't know why, but don't worry.

I like the bored button website Tongue
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:14:48 PM »

Do a map project about an obscure election and post it on the forum for accolades.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »

Are you in college? Take a minimester class at your local community college and get some credits out of the way.

Are you in high school? (Your user name implies you were born in 1997.) Work on your college apps. If you haven't taken the SAT/ACT yet, study for that. Find some scholarships you can send out applications for.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »

Briefly relax.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »

Flo: That's actually a very fun website, but the thrill of it only lasts for a little bit. Thanks for sharing that though.

DC Al Fine: That'd maybe something I'd want to do, but I'm on an iPad right now, and I can't find the charger for my laptop, so I don't have the software to do that right now.

IndyTexas: I've already taken the SAT, and I got a good score, but I'm doing it again. I'm taking classes every Sunday, but studying outside those classes is probably something I must do. Thanks!

Grumps: Huh
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

Do a map project about an obscure election and post it on the forum for accolades.

[/thread]
retromike22
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »

You should watch "The Ham Clock" bloopers on the YouTube channel!

Plenty of footage of a grumpy director yelling and hitting assorted family members.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »

#420blazeit?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »

Memphis is usually complaining about religion or what somebody does, I don't know why, but don't worry.

I like the bored button website Tongue
Or griping about prices.  Memphis doesn't do much for combating Jewish stereotypes.

Just imagine him talking like a New York City Jew... "Oh why yes, Chicago is definitely underrated.  Its a very nice city.  And reasonably priced too! Though you can't get a decent bagel to save your life"
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 07:46:41 PM by memphis »

I only harp on prices here because most posters here have zero real life experience with how important cost of living is. It's ridiculous to see the endless parade of New York/San Francisco fanboys who couldn't afford a shoebox in either city. I'm (not really) sorry if my frank practicality offends the blissfully myopic. Also, I'm from Southern Jewish people and very much not a New Yorker. It's an entirely different world down here.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

I only harp on prices here because most posters here have zero real life experience with how important cost of living is. It's ridiculous to see the endless parade of New York/San Francisco fanboys who couldn't afford a shoebox in either city. I'm (not really) sorry if my frank practicality offends the blissfully myopic. Also, I'm from Southern Jewish people and very much not a New Yorker. It's an entirely different world down here.

I know you're not of New York stock.  I just thought it was funny how you brought up the cost.  When you did that my Jewdar started kibitzin at me hardcore.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »

^^^^^this. Or just drink a lot.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »

I only harp on prices here because most posters here have zero real life experience with how important cost of living is. It's ridiculous to see the endless parade of New York/San Francisco fanboys who couldn't afford a shoebox in either city.

And yet, somehow, millions of people who are not abnormally wealthy live in New York and California and pay the actual cost of living, and enjoy their lives there. Some of them even post on this forum!

Obviously there are certain sacrifices made in terms of housing size and commute time, and it's fine not to share this preference. I myself enjoy the lower cost of living in the Midwest. But it's weird to accuse these people of ignorance of some objective real-life facts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »

Flo: That's actually a very fun website, but the thrill of it only lasts for a little bit. Thanks for sharing that though.

DC Al Fine: That'd maybe something I'd want to do, but I'm on an iPad right now, and I can't find the charger for my laptop, so I don't have the software to do that right now.

IndyTexas: I've already taken the SAT, and I got a good score, but I'm doing it again. I'm taking classes every Sunday, but studying outside those classes is probably something I must do. Thanks!

Grumps: Huh

Bushie is the expert on brief relaxations. I'll let him explain.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »

Just get an electric guitar and take some time and learn how to play.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 10:14:09 PM »

I only harp on prices here because most posters here have zero real life experience with how important cost of living is. It's ridiculous to see the endless parade of New York/San Francisco fanboys who couldn't afford a shoebox in either city.

And yet, somehow, millions of people who are not abnormally wealthy live in New York and California and pay the actual cost of living, and enjoy their lives there. Some of them even post on this forum!

Obviously there are certain sacrifices made in terms of housing size and commute time, and it's fine not to share this preference. I myself enjoy the lower cost of living in the Midwest. But it's weird to accuse these people of ignorance of some objective real-life facts.

This is Atlas, I'm fairly certain a large portion of the posters have no idea about cost of living anywhere.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »

Get high, masturbate (perform these two concurrently for maximum effect), read a book, play a video game, take some classes on Khan Academy, watch a movie, binge watch a TV series, etc. There are tons of things you can do.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 11:36:10 PM by RR1997 »

After reading some of the suggestions, I've changed the title. Tongue
RR1997
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 11:34:58 PM »

Learn a new language with DuoLingo (free, and a lot of fun) or Babbel (requires you to pay, but complements Duo very well).

I've just downloaded the app for DuoLingo. I've read all the reviews, and they are very positive. Are you sure this is 100% free? Is there a catch? Is Babbel better?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »

Learn how to program.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 12:20:50 AM »

Create a language.
Learn how to cook
Collect acorns and start a war with squirrels
Make up a fantasy world Tolkien style using paper and colored pencils
Go for a drive and look,at Christmas lights
Make holiday cards for people... They can be new years.
Get drunk and hang out with homeless people.  Be sure to share the booze.
Go buy some food for the food shelf
Go walk some dogs at an animal shelter
Make some cucumber sandwiches and tea and be thankful youre not actually english.
Visit old people,at a nursing home and sing them christmas carols
Binge watch American Dad

There are some suggestions... Some more,serious than others.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 12:44:52 AM »

Jesus dude, get drunk, get laid and leave us be.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies