NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:03:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision.  (Read 6487 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: December 20, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »
« edited: December 20, 2014, 09:16:58 PM by Governor Varavour »

This thread is an atrocity. Lief's posts are particularly  disappointing, though.

I look forward to hearing an actual local's input.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:16:31 PM »

This thread is an atrocity. Lief's posts are disappointing, though.

I look forward to hearing an actual local's input.

I lived here my whole life and I am old enough to remember NYC as a mecca of violence.  I'd prefer it not to go back to that even if it meant hipster exodus Wink 

Your posts, it should go with out saying, are not what have inspired such ire. They are actually quite good.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:02:38 PM »

Remember back to Gabby Giffords shooting and how the discourse was arguing over whether The Rhetoric had lead to her shooting. Sure, they argued, one man pulled the trigger but clearly it was the right-wing environment of hate which really it did. Of course, most conservatives denied this attempt to label cuplability on them and the smarter ones dismisses this as a classic leftie wishie-washie sociological determinism to attack things they don't like.

Yet apparently now some of these same pundits are looking at the actions of individuals and seeing the long arm of society at work. We are no longer individuals. Who knew.

And vice versa,  Gully. And vice versa.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:56:33 PM »

Remember back to Gabby Giffords shooting and how the discourse was arguing over whether The Rhetoric had lead to her shooting. Sure, they argued, one man pulled the trigger but clearly it was the right-wing environment of hate which really it did. Of course, most conservatives denied this attempt to label cuplability on them and the smarter ones dismisses this as a classic leftie wishie-washie sociological determinism to attack things they don't like.

Yet apparently now some of these same pundits are looking at the actions of individuals and seeing the long arm of society at work. We are no longer individuals. Who knew.

And vice versa,  Gully. And vice versa.

Perhaps I'm being dense here, but what is your point?

To not make snide quips about one side's hypocrisy when the other is just as hypocritical, if not more so.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »

Brown people are Indians.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »

This never would have happened if the NYPD didn't continually act as judge, jury, and executioner anytime that a person of color walked toward them on the street, or looked at them funny, or [insert pig excuse for murder here].

sage, o sage
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:01:24 PM »

Strangely enough I am alive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies