Article of Impeachment Against Associate Justice Torie (Part II)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Associate Justice Torie (Part II)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Associate Justice Torie (Part II)  (Read 625 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »

Senators, articles of impeachment have been filed against Associate Justice Torie:

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST ASSOCIATE JUSTICE TORIE

It is with a very heavy heart that I place this before the Senate for consideration. Justice Torie is a friend and has been for a very long time. It is clear, that at a time of considerable work for the Court, Justice Torie has not been able to be communicated with by fellow Justices. This includes him being called to preside in the trial of a sitting regional governor. The Supreme Court is a team, and I believe Justice Torie has let his active and engaged colleagues down.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;quote=4416897;topic=203653.0;num_replies=7;sesc=f19be817dbe10411498af49fd042d300

I am not basing this call based purely on not making two rulings (therefore an automatic set of proceedings), but due to his long-term issue of not being publicly active in relation to issues of the Court, despite having a presence in other forums. As well as his inability to respond to request to undertake his responsibilities both as a presiding justice as well as not being a participant in regular Court work.

In accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, I submit this for the attention of the Chief Justice and for the endorsement of fellow Senators.

Please discuss the merits of this indictment.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »

It doesnt need the support of 3 senators?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »

Senators, articles of impeachment have been filed against Associate Justice Torie:
ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST ASSOCIATE JUSTICE TORIE

It is with a very heavy heart that I place this before the Senate for consideration. Justice Torie is a friend and has been for a very long time. It is clear, that at a time of considerable work for the Court, Justice Torie has not been able to be communicated with by fellow Justices. This includes him being called to preside in the trial of a sitting regional governor. The Supreme Court is a team, and I believe Justice Torie has let his active and engaged colleagues down.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;quote=4416897;topic=203653.0;num_replies=7;sesc=f19be817dbe10411498af49fd042d300

I am not basing this call based purely on not making two rulings (therefore an automatic set of proceedings), but due to his long-term issue of not being publicly active in relation to issues of the Court, despite having a presence in other forums. As well as his inability to respond to request to undertake his responsibilities both as a presiding justice as well as not being a participant in regular Court work.

In accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, I submit this for the attention of the Chief Justice and for the endorsement of fellow Senators.

Please discuss the merits of this indictment.

2. (Jumping the Gun?)

<3.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=39557.msg4422114#msg4422114

Problem solved Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »

I am ready to vote for impeachment here. I voted for it last time and have been proved right by subsequent events.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

I have been derelict in my duties. Between practicing law in CA via cyberspace, with a big lawsuit popping up that is sucking up a lot of time, including the writing of a quite complex motion for summary judgment, ramping up to become a New York lawyer, and doing pro bono work in the local DA's office, preparing to possibly/probably run for mayor and orchestrating the overturning of the local weighted voting system in Hudson via referendum and a lawsuit perhaps and straightening out the screw up of the population counts and lines of the wards (all of which are wrong), managing construction projects here in Hudson that are rife with problems and issues, socializing with a bunch of new friends (Dan and I have been so fortunate to find plenty of those here in the Hudson Valley), trying to keep partner Dan happy, having to deal with problems with the door and windows business in TJ - well something has to give. My "retirement" has been busy! Smiley

So I am hereby resigning my position on the Atlasian Supreme Court. I think the Articles of Impeachment are probably well taken, so I am in effect just pleading guilty. If this is not the "legal" way to resign, I trust that someone will provide the appropriate road map to me.

I wish you all the best. I regret that I have proved to be a disappointment. Indeed, I am disappointed in myself.

Regards, Torie
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »

I have been derelict in my duties. Between practicing law in CA via cyberspace, with a big lawsuit popping up that is sucking up a lot of time, including the writing of a quite complex motion for summary judgment, ramping up to become a New York lawyer, and doing pro bono work in the local DA's office, preparing to possibly/probably run for mayor and orchestrating the overturning of the local weighted voting system in Hudson via referendum and a lawsuit perhaps and straightening out the screw up of the population counts and lines of the wards (all of which are wrong), managing construction projects here in Hudson that are rife with problems and issues, socializing with a bunch of new friends (Dan and I have been so fortunate to find plenty of those here in the Hudson Valley), trying to keep partner Dan happy, having to deal with problems with the door and windows business in TJ - well something has to give. My "retirement" has been busy! Smiley

So I am hereby resigning my position on the Atlasian Supreme Court. I think the Articles of Impeachment are probably well taken, so I am in effect just pleading guilty. If this is not the "legal" way to resign, I trust that someone will provide the appropriate road map to me.

I wish you all the best. I regret that I have proved to be a disappointment. Indeed, I am disappointed in myself.

Regards, Torie

Torie,

I am sorry it came to this, but equally glad the reason for this is your personal and professional happiness.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »

Regards, Torie

Torie,

I am sorry it came to this, but equally glad the reason for this is your personal and professional happiness.

So am I.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »

Torie, you are a badass and one of my favorite people ever.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies