TX-27: Rep. Blake Farenthold sued for Sexual Harrasment, is a Overall Cretin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-27: Rep. Blake Farenthold sued for Sexual Harrasment, is a Overall Cretin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-27: Rep. Blake Farenthold sued for Sexual Harrasment, is a Overall Cretin  (Read 1936 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »

Rep. Blake Farenthold is being sued for sexual harassment by his former communications director.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In a somewhat related, though much more funny, story; it's also been revealed that Rep. Farenthold has owned the domain name "www.blow-me.org" since 1999.

Farenthold sits in a 60%+ Romney seat, so he's probably not vulnerable to a Democratic challenge. But a primary challenge now seems possible.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

Farenthold sits in a 60%+ Romney seat, so he's probably not vulnerable to a Democratic challenge. But a primary challenge now seems possible.

Wasn't this seat Democratic all the way until 2010? I thought Farenthold won originally by knocking off a Dem in the 2010 wave. It must have been filled by a yellow-dog.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »

Wasn't this seat Democratic all the way until 2010? I thought Farenthold won originally by knocking off a Dem in the 2010 wave. It must have been filled by a yellow-dog.
Redistricting.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »

Farenthold was a piece of driftwood in 2010, but redistricting made his district much more Republican.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »

Yea, he knocked off Ortiz if I am not mistaken thanks to low turnout and some pro-life Hispanics ditching the incumbent over Obamacare, at least that was the narrative that was pushed. The Republicans then created some new Hispanic Majority seats and turned this one into a rather safe Republican district. Of course I am summarizing to an excessive degree, but that is the basics.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »

you mean to tell me the gentleman pictured below is in fact not a paragon of virtue after all??

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »

Yet another example that the "traditional family values" Southern Republicans talks about is complete bullcrap. Farenthold and his buddy DesJarlais love to talk **** about how Obama deserves to be impeached because he's an "overreaching, Kenyan-born dictator", but if House Republicans had any decency, they would expel these two misogynist scumbags from the House and leave Obama be.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »

The Farentholds are, and always have been, a colorful bunch in South Texas society.

Wiki
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »

The Farentholds are, and always have been, a colorful bunch in South Texas society.

Wiki

Uh...how does the father being horrifically murdered and discovered make the family a colorful bunch?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »

Yes,this dude is a slimy creepy old guy who has no right to be in office.  I think most agree he should lose reelection, and I really hope republicans in the district do just that.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »

Wiki

Uh...how does the father being horrifically murdered and discovered make the family a colorful bunch?

Blake's dad was something of a Prodigal Son. He spent most of his time turning his inheritance into booze and cocaine and had plenty of notoriety in Corpus Christi. I realize getting the ol' cement shoes treatment may be par for the course up where you come from, but down here it's just not something that happens every day. (We have other problems nowadays, but Mexican drug lords are far more ruthless than Italian mobsters.) And then there was Sissy, the stepmother who was a left-wing pro-choice feminist activist whose meddling helped ruin the Texas Democratic Party serving as a foil to Papa Farenthold's conservative businessman tendencies. And out of all of that, you get Blake, a hapless fat slob who didn't know what to do with his money and decided to run for Congress.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:17 AM »

Farenthold was a piece of driftwood in 2010, but redistricting made his district much more Republican.

Yes, it went from R+2 to R+13. If it was still R+2, maybe a Democrat could win, but he's totally safe in a general election in an R+13 district.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »

Wiki

Blake's dad was something of a Prodigal Son. He spent most of his time turning his inheritance into booze and cocaine and had plenty of notoriety in Corpus Christi. I realize getting the ol' cement shoes treatment may be par for the course up where you come from, but down here it's just not something that happens every day.

Uh, first of all, your bigotry is noted and isn't funny. Secondly, your assumption that I think it's common/no big deal is disgusting. Finally, your original post said nothing of the guy's history and even so, the fact that he was killed shouldn't be justified with your "Eh, he had it coming to him" attitude.

None of this is in defense of Farenthold or the people that put the "cement shoes" on him (which you undoubtedly think I am doing because I called your stereotype disgusting and because I supposedly think that act is common). It's just that you shouldn't paint his family as colorful simply because his father was murdered and give zero background on it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »

The left's "que sera sera" attitude only applies to themselves, usually.  Your response pretty much sums it up, I could not think of anything to say to dignify or respond to that poster's "thought"..
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies