Is Bill de Blasio done? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:45:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Bill de Blasio done? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will he resign or at least not run again.
Resign

Not run in 2017

Stay put

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Is Bill de Blasio done?  (Read 9116 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »

You under the impression De Blasio cares about people who disagree with his policies? He doesn't, more so than any politician I have ever seen.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »

Now, if he wants to really be done, push further left and wind up in a new pissing contest with Cuomo. Once Cuomo stands in front of the NYSE and drapes his arm around Scott Stringer in early 2017, that's when De Blasio is done.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »

Another performance like yesterday, yelling at the media for talking about protestors encouraging cop-killings, and he very well might be.

Fact is, he can recover very easily if he doesn't commit any unforced errors. I'm not sure he's interested in that, though.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:40:05 PM »

Another performance like yesterday, yelling at the media for talking about protestors encouraging cop-killings, and he very well might be.

Fact is, he can recover very easily if he doesn't commit any unforced errors. I'm not sure he's interested in that, though.

It was a stupid question, he has every right to be angry about answering it.

Protip - any time an elected official is attempting to intimidate the News media for not covering a story the way they'd like, the odds are they've already lost the debate.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »

If you want a tipping point in De Blasio's tenure, it might come next week with his decision whether or not to reappoint Judge Laura Johnson, who has made it clear she intends to keep springing protestors who attack cops with no bail.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »

If you want a tipping point in De Blasio's tenure, it might come next week with his decision whether or not to reappoint Judge Laura Johnson, who has made it clear she intends to keep springing protestors who attack cops with no bail.

Why is this an inflection point? You make it sound pivotal - and I understand, prima facie. But I'm not sure how well it would be remembered.

I don't know much, not being a New Yorker (other than that Staten Island hates de Blasio and will send a Republican to Congress, partially because of this, according to some).

There's really no way to repair the police rift now. He's shown that he's on the side of a judge who believes those who threaten and assault cops should be free.

The public doesn't have to remember it, per se. The Police will make sure they remember it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies