Atheists' Ten Commandments Revealed. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:19:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Atheists' Ten Commandments Revealed. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atheists' Ten Commandments Revealed.  (Read 6815 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
« edited: December 20, 2014, 11:25:06 PM by Deus Naturae »

This is just stupid. Atheism is not a belief system, and people who try to turn it into one (almost always molded after their own beliefs) do all atheists a disservice. Also, #6, 7, 8, and 10 all contradict #9.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:20:01 PM »

These 21st c. secular values, if you will, are far more reflective of what we actually know at this point in our evolution.
No, they aren't. These are the values of whoever made this list, who is selfishly trying to define "atheism" in accordance with his own value system.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2014, 03:05:07 AM by Deus Naturae »

These 21st c. secular values, if you will, are far more reflective of what we actually know at this point in our evolution.
No, they aren't. These are the values of whoever made this list, who is selfishly trying to define "atheism" in accordance with his own value system.

You shouldn't stereotype atheists. Atheists are as diverse as any other group of people. People are atheists for different reasons: science, anger at religion, and humility in admiting that we can't grasp the god concept fully, to name a few reasons. edit: I am not refering to anyone specifically, except the author of the link.
I agree; I myself am an atheist. The reason I criticize these "commandments" is precisely because an atheist could be of any number of moral persuasions, and so it's silly and selfish to try to define atheism in terms of commandments which have nothing to with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies