ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:10:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy  (Read 1587 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2014, 05:19:29 AM »
« edited: December 21, 2014, 02:01:21 PM by politicus »

ISIS does not just practice sex slavery, it is a core component of their recruiting strategy. Scary stuff. They have also issued a guide for sex slavery incl. a permission “to have intercourse with a female slave who hasn't reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse.”

http://www.voanews.ocom/content/is-uses-sex-lure-to-recruit-militants/2566277.html

http://www.memrijttm.org/islamic-state-isis-releases-pamphlet-on-female-slaves.html#_ednref1

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:08:28 AM »

Clearly these people care a lot about Islamic values...
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »

Well that was creepily detailed.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »

So many rules to follow. Goddamn Big Government always interfering with how I treat my sex slaves.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »

How traditional.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »

ISIS is basically the wet dream of dysfunctional, sexually repressed but spoiled Islamic teenage boys made flesh. It's to be expected.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »

If there was a Nobel-like prize for evil, then ISIS would win it hands down for this year.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »

If there was a Nobel-like prize for evil, then ISIS would win it hands down for this year.

I don't know, the Pakistani Taliban have just made a very 'impressive' late entry.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. We should start doing that, let's call it the Nobel War Price or something like that. Tongue
swl
France

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »

I think a few people on this forum are now considering joining ISIS. Cheesy
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »

How should you know? I think it's arrogant for us non-Muslim to claim that that and that Muslim doesn't follow Islamic values. Let Muslims show in act and speech what Islamic values are, and then we can choose what we think about them.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »

How should you know? I think it's arrogant for us non-Muslim to claim that that and that Muslim doesn't follow Islamic values. Let Muslims show in act and speech what Islamic values are, and then we can choose what we think about them.
I think it's quite clear that most Muslims aren't anything like ISIS.  Your outrage at Antonio is misplaced.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »

I think it's quite clear that most Muslims aren't anything like ISIS.  Your outrage at Antonio is misplaced.

He's a Dane. There's probably a masked Mohammedan holding a gun to his head and making him write that.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2014, 05:36:08 PM by PR »

I remember reading a few studies that showed that a large number of Islamic terrorists/militants/whatever-you-wanna-call them had a rudimentary and highly simplistic understanding of Islam, at best-and increasingly influenced by a number of notorious clerics (or even actual terrorists like bin Laden or al-Zawahiri), particularly the ones who have built large followings online and on social media. And many of them were not even particularly religious before they became radicalized. And there's also the matter of this phenomenon-with the relevant part for this discussion being the view that "it's OK to break any rule in Islam while fighting enemies of Islam."Clearly, they're not  "following Islamic values" in many cases-putting aside the obvious fact that they're massacring thousands of innocent people, including lots of fellow Muslims.

And anyway, if you haven't already noticed, many Muslims-prominent or not-have condemned the likes of ISIS in the harshest possible terms. Hell, even a lot of people in al-Qaeda were unconformable with them! That should tell you a lot...
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »

These people are not real Muslims.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

I remember reading a few studies that showed that a large number of Islamic terrorists/militants/whatever-you-wanna-call them had a rudimentary and highly simplistic understanding of Islam, at best-and increasingly influenced by a number of notorious clerics (or even actual terrorists like bin Laden or al-Zawahiri), particularly the ones who have built large followings online and on social media.

I have no doubt that's correct, I just happen to find it a disgusting example of cultural imperialism, when people decides to define other people's religion. Yes I know they're brown people, but that doesn't mean that they can't define their religion on their own. They don't need us to tell what Islamic values is. They can define them on their own without the help of us non-believers.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't follow you, that's like saying that the military and police act against the law, when there's martial law and they act inside the powers this gives them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I of course think we should hold people up to the values they preach, but I don't think ISIS are doing anything that other than ISIS preach. So ISIS fully follow Islam as ISIS has defined Islam.

But I admire all the many (hopeful the vast majority) Muslims which are disgusted by the acts of ISIS and define Islam in other just as legitime ways, and in my eyes more acceptable ways to the rest of us.

But that doesn't change the fact that, it's Muslims, not us unbelievers whether friendly or unfriendly to Islam, who have the right to define their faith.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies