ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ISIS uses access to sex slaves as part of recruiting strategy  (Read 1592 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »

Clearly these people care a lot about Islamic values...

How should you know? I think it's arrogant for us non-Muslim to claim that that and that Muslim doesn't follow Islamic values. Let Muslims show in act and speech what Islamic values are, and then we can choose what we think about them.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

Clearly these people care a lot about Islamic values...

How should you know? I think it's arrogant for us non-Muslim to claim that that and that Muslim doesn't follow Islamic values. Let Muslims show in act and speech what Islamic values are, and then we can choose what we think about them.

I remember reading a few studies that showed that a large number of Islamic terrorists/militants/whatever-you-wanna-call them had a rudimentary and highly simplistic understanding of Islam, at best-and increasingly influenced by a number of notorious clerics (or even actual terrorists like bin Laden or al-Zawahiri), particularly the ones who have built large followings online and on social media.

I have no doubt that's correct, I just happen to find it a disgusting example of cultural imperialism, when people decides to define other people's religion. Yes I know they're brown people, but that doesn't mean that they can't define their religion on their own. They don't need us to tell what Islamic values is. They can define them on their own without the help of us non-believers.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't follow you, that's like saying that the military and police act against the law, when there's martial law and they act inside the powers this gives them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I of course think we should hold people up to the values they preach, but I don't think ISIS are doing anything that other than ISIS preach. So ISIS fully follow Islam as ISIS has defined Islam.

But I admire all the many (hopeful the vast majority) Muslims which are disgusted by the acts of ISIS and define Islam in other just as legitime ways, and in my eyes more acceptable ways to the rest of us.

But that doesn't change the fact that, it's Muslims, not us unbelievers whether friendly or unfriendly to Islam, who have the right to define their faith.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies