Admitting my alcoholism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:08:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Admitting my alcoholism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Admitting my alcoholism  (Read 2401 times)
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« on: December 22, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
« edited: December 22, 2014, 12:04:19 PM by Mynheer Peeperkorn »

I have also been an alcoholic since I was 18 years old and I have experienced everything. As a matter of fact, these last three weeks were the first "sober" time I've had in, say, three years (and I'm talking of heavy alcoholism, two bottles of whisky three times a week) But I'm confident I will be fine.

Work, studies, even some friends: all lost thanks to drinking. I also have General Anxiety Disorder, which not helps at all.

Before that I had two partial recoveries. First one came by reading the webpage of Rational Recovery, and it lasted like year and a half.

Second one was thanks to voluntary admission in a recovery center for one week. It lasted some months...my drug addicted boyfriend (I lived with him) didn't help and I fell again.

I tried AA two times. It doesn't work with me, not only for being an atheist, but also because you are constantly be reminded that your life, for good or for not good, is determined by alcohol. I don't share that perspective. Also, it's full of jerks.

My recommendation is that, the moment you recover (read my next post), change immediately your habits. The two times I went sober (and now) I started to do a lot of exercise, change to a healthy feeding, read difficult but interesting books or make plans for study (if you are not already at college or something)...I know it sounds crazy to go in one day to the other extreme, but it is what it works for me.

If I can be of any help, send me a PM so we can talk by facebook.

PS: If you look for a medical treatment only accept Benzodiazepines for withdrawall stage.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2014, 11:58:36 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn »

My advise:

- Talk with your family of friends, and go with them to the doctor and ask for voluntary admission in a recovery center. Withdrawall can be lethal without medication.
- Take a look to the webpages tweed put in his post and find which one you think it could fit with you. Always ask for advice, obviously.
- Try my advice of "radical change". Make a list with objectives for a new life.

If you are not confident you can ask for antabuse (disulfiram). But that would not be a real recovery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies