Admitting my alcoholism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:27:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Admitting my alcoholism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Admitting my alcoholism  (Read 2413 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: December 21, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »

I'm a believer and don't really do AA.  However, most importantly I havent had a drink in 2.5 years now. If something is interfering with your physical and mental health, it is time to develop a strategy to get and stay sober. If you are physically addicted like I was then you should probably see a doctor, which I didnt. Withdrawal absolutely sucks and if you havent really experienced it, consider yourself fortunate. If you can get past the physical part, then the deeper issue is to break the patterns and routines around your drinking and try to identify why you feel the need to get blacked out in the first place. This can be a combination of genetics, depression, environment etc.  I think some form of therapy really helps, it did for me.

Good luck man. Just remember that you have a very bright future ahead of you, even though you man not be able to see it with cloudy eyes. Reach out anytime you need to man. Quitting drinking was the best decision Ive made and I have more fun than I ever did.

'Pat
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies