The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:38:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 55
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 194700 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 22, 2015, 12:31:09 PM »

Also, SC is anything but a lock for Graham. Last year, a bunch of nobodies got 44% against Graham in the senate primary .
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #576 on: March 22, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »

Why would Al Gore go to Iowa without even a Presidential thought in his head? A love of family farms?

To troll the Clintons and/or their supporters?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #577 on: March 22, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »

Why would Al Gore go to Iowa without even a Presidential thought in his head? A love of family farms?

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #578 on: March 22, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

I don't think so anymore. The other day I was watching this interview he and Bill gave together talking to Charlie Rose and they seemed really friendly, so I think they've reconciled since then. But no doubt they weren't on good terms around 2000.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #579 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:40 PM »

I don't think so anymore. The other day I was watching this interview he and Bill gave together talking to Charlie Rose and they seemed really friendly, so I think they've reconciled since then. But no doubt they weren't on good terms around 2000.

I wouldn't go that far, unless there is something I don't know. There was a good bit of distance between them because of the scandal, and Gore wanting to disassociate himself with Clinton, but I don't think there was any problems other than Bill's possibly hurt feelings.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #580 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »

Here are the details of Paul's campaign launch:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/22/paul-kick-2016-bid-april-7-ambitious-five-state-to/?page=1

You must be logged in to read this quote.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #581 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »

I wouldn't go that far, unless there is something I don't know. There was a good bit of distance between them because of the scandal, and Gore wanting to disassociate himself with Clinton, but I don't think there was any problems other than Bill's possibly hurt feelings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1321720/Gore-blamed-Clinton-for-his-defeat-in-election.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26785.html

I've read these and other articles like these that make me think they weren't on the best of terms around 2000. I could be wrong, of course I don't know them personally, but there seemed to be some tension if nothing else.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »

Walker returning to SC for the Freedom Summit May 9.

Walker likely to announce in July.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

Hearing Twitter rumours that Ted Cruz might run, will report back when my sources have more info.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1321720/Gore-blamed-Clinton-for-his-defeat-in-election.html

I've read these and other articles like these that make me think they weren't on the best of terms around 2000. I could be wrong, of course I don't know them personally, but there seemed to be some tension if nothing else.

Gore, who endorsed Iraq War opponent Howard Dean in 2004, refrained from endorsing Obama until after Hillary had done so, presumably as a courtesy to the Clintons. He also effusively thanked Bill Clinton for negotiating the release of 2 Current employees held hostage by North Korea. He'll endorse Hillary. Unlike Jerry Brown (to combine threads). Or at least, Brown won't endorse her until the general election.

Oh I'm sure he'll endorse Hillary and probably fairly early on. But my point was more that it didn't seem like they were on great terms around 2000, but it seems like they're on fine terms now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #585 on: March 23, 2015, 03:53:20 PM »

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

Gore, who endorsed Iraq War opponent Howard Dean in 2004, refrained from endorsing Obama until after Hillary had done so, presumably as a courtesy to the Clintons. He also effusively thanked Bill Clinton for negotiating the release of 2 Current employees held hostage by North Korea. He'll endorse Hillary. Unlike Jerry Brown (to combine threads). Or at least, Brown won't endorse her until the general election.

Brown has already endorsed her essentially. He said about a week ago she should run unopposed in the primaries. I'd assume that's equivalent to an endorsement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/hillary-clinton-primaries-jerry-brown-116066.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #586 on: March 24, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »

On the eve of a trip to New Hampshire, Kasich describes himself as being "truly undecided" about whether to run for president or not:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Eyeing-2016-Kasich-faces-another-Bush-in-GOP-6154413.php
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #587 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »

I must confess I missed this story at the time, but SMilo pointed out in another thread that Schweitzer apparently said last month that he has "no plans" to run for president in 2016:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/opinion/tribune-editorials/2015/02/21/movies-schweitzer-jeb-versus-hillary/23786253/
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #588 on: March 24, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »

Walker to tour Texas-Mexico border with Abbott.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #589 on: March 25, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »

Halperin says "Biden '16 is now in play."
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #590 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »

Jindal will decide in June.

Kasich in NH.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #591 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »

He's rarely in the public eye nowadays, so why not?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #592 on: March 25, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

I think Biden and Sanders running will be a positive for Hillary. Unelectable old men who will help her define her campaign to the Democratic Party.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #593 on: March 25, 2015, 02:39:09 PM »

Evangelicals trying to unite behind a candidate: Cruz, Huck, Jindal, Perry currently in mix, though Walker also mentioned.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #594 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »

If they couldn't even decide between Gingrich and Santorum in 2012, there's no way they'll be able to unite behind a single person in the clown car.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #595 on: March 25, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

I can't imagine them not uniting behind Cruz. He's by far the most charismatic of the bunch
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #596 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »

They will probably unite around Cruz. Walker will eventually appeal to the establishment enough to anger them, Jindal has a terrible record as LA Governor by any reasonable measure, Huckabee is old news, and Perry can't even remember his own platform half the time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #597 on: March 25, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

They're not going to unite around anyone.  That's not how it works.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #598 on: March 25, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »

Unsurprisingly, KBH endorses Jeb.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #599 on: March 25, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »

Previously unmentioned Iowa visits from DMR's candidate tracker:

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/iowa-caucus/candidate-tracker/index.php

Perry and Trump each have Iowa events on April 8th.  Fiorina has one on May 7th.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies