The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:44:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 194738 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: April 13, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »

I happen to know a very competent employee of Rubio. I don't know if he is on the campaign staff or not, but I do know that the man is very, very intelligent, and has been a very good friend and mentor to me.

Let things settle a bit and debates to get closer and Rubio will slowly pick up steem, he will win the nomination, he's in a great spot right now this far away from the election.
He won't be the nominee, but he won't be in fourth or fifth place either.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #776 on: April 13, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »

Watch and see, go read my list of reasons why HE WILL BE the nominee.

In short there's one candidate with a clear path to 270 and its Rubio. Don't forget you lose florida and the election is OVER. Theres no realistic Path to 270 electoral votes.

You may say but Bush could win Florida. Yes he could, unfortunately for him the country simply isn't ready for another Bush president.

So what about Walker or Paul you may ask?!?! Unfortunately they don't appeal to enough voters in the country to realistically win 270 electoral votes. Also don't forget, they run an amazing campaigh and lose to Hillary in Florida by less than 1 percent or 2 that's it the election is OVER.

Republicans HAVE HAVE HAVE to win Florida for any path to 270 electoral votes. Hmmm a senator from Florida that's cuban I would say would be a good bet when all is said and done to win Florida.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #777 on: April 13, 2015, 01:33:20 PM »

Watch and see, go read my list of reasons why HE WILL BE the nominee.

In short there's one candidate with a clear path to 270 and its Rubio. Don't forget you lose florida and the election is OVER. Theres no realistic Path to 270 electoral votes.

You may say but Bush could win Florida. Yes he could, unfortunately for him the country simply isn't ready for another Bush president.

So what about Walker or Paul you may ask?!?! Unfortunately they don't appeal to enough voters in the country to realistically win 270 electoral votes. Also don't forget, they run an amazing campaigh and lose to Hillary in Florida by less than 1 percent or 2 that's it the election is OVER.

Republicans HAVE HAVE HAVE to win Florida for any path to 270 electoral votes. Hmmm a senator from Florida that's cuban I would say would be a good bet when all is said and done to win Florida.
Cubans have voted twice for Obama. They no longer are part of the FL-GOP coalition. Your analysis reads like a comment from Redstate.com. And just because Rubio *may* be the best candidate doesn't mean that the primary voters will actually go for him. Expect Rubio to place third or fourth behind Bush, Cruz, and Paul, and maybe even Walker (I think Walker's strength is overrated).
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #778 on: April 13, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »

Seriously? Your kidding yourself if you don't think Cubans in Florida would overwhelmingly support Mr. Rubio over Ms. Clinton....not even a question about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #779 on: April 13, 2015, 01:40:23 PM »

Seriously? Your kidding yourself if you don't think Cubans in Florida would overwhelmingly support Mr. Rubio over Ms. Clinton....not even a question about it.
You clearly don't know anything about Florida politics. They might break for Rubio, but it will likely be 50/50. The older generation is dying off, and the younger Cubans have either assimilated completely or support Obama's Cuba policies.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 01:49:21 PM by 2016election »

50 50 or a slight break his WAYYYYYY  is better than when Obama got what 70-80% of their vote? If Rubio can take 50% give or take of their vote (I think he does better, but for argument sake), he wins Florida and he will do better with Hispanics than any other candidate for so many reasons. Also, after Romney lost all the talk was about how poorly he did with Hispanics and if we can't begin to win more of that vote we have no chance. Wonder who that candidate is that could do better in that area?

Also in 2012 who did Republicans decide on; Romney, why? Because they thought he could win a general election, not a tea party nut job who would get smoked.

HMMM 2008 who was elected? Mcain, Why? Because he gave us the best shot to win a general election.

in 2004? Bush, someone who would do well with hispanics and wasn't a tea party nut job and he won. Guess why? Go look at how much of the hispanic vote he got...

Guess what? Once republicans sit down and say heck we've been out of the whit e house 8 years?!?!? Who would be the best matchup against Hilary??? We will see who they think has the qualities to beat her in a general...
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #781 on: April 13, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »

The effort to draft Warren continues. The article also mentions that emily's list has endorsed Hillary:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-fans-undeterred-by-clinton-announcement/
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #782 on: April 13, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »

50 50 or a slight break his WAYYYYYY  is better than when Obama got what 70-80% of their vote? If Rubio can take 50% give or take of their vote (I think he does better, but for argument sake), he wins Florida and he will do better with Hispanics than any other candidate for so many reasons. Also, after Romney lost all the talk was about how poorly he did with Hispanics and if we can't begin to win more of that vote we have no chance. Wonder who that candidate is that could do better in that area?

Also in 2012 who did Republicans decide on; Romney, why? Because they thought he could win a general election, not a tea party nut job who would get smoked.

HMMM 2008 who was elected? Mcain, Why? Because he gave us the best shot to win a general election.

Guess what? Once republicans sit down and say heck we've been out of the whit e house 8 years?!?!? Who would be the best matchup against Hilary??? We will see who they think has the qualities to beat her in a general...
Romney and McCain both faced significant opposition in the primaries, and indeed, both could have easily been defeated (and almost were). And Rubio can win Florida, I don't doubt that. But will he win OH and VA? And will he win WI, NH, or CO, which are the extra states needed to have a pathway to victory? I highly doubt that. Not this time around at least. 2020 or 2024 is a different story.

When the Republican bigwigs sit down and pick the strongest candidate, they will pick the next in line, like they literally always have. And that next in line, like him or not, is Jeb Bush.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #783 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:16 PM »

Republican best hope in 2016 will be declaring his candidacy officially in a few hours Smiley

Not that this day was a surprise to anyone following the party or Rubio's career, it was inevitable the day Romney lost the 2012 election.
If he's the Republican's best hope, wow.

Hmmm a young hispanic senator from the must win swing state of Florida?

- The new generation vs the old generation in Hilary?
- Young and Hispanic whose open to immigration reform. Hmmm hispanics when push come to shove, should I vote for the 1% in Hilary Clinton that has no idea what its like to be me or Marco Rubio and help elect the first hispanic president of the United States?? HMMM
- Great Speaker from humble beginnings. Wait the Democrat nominee will be the 1% that is all about Wall Street and the Republican candidate will have grown up with nothing from two parents that worked their butts off to put food on the table?! HMMMM
- Rubio is one of the few if not only Republicans with a realistic path to 270 electoral votes.
- Rubio will be in his 40s on a debate stage with Hilary who will be 70 and is a grandmother.
- HMMM who did Hilary lose the nomination to back in 2008??

Thats just the start, i could list countless other reasons why he's the perfect fit to be the republican nominee in 2016.

Not to mention he by far scares the democrats more than ANYONE else the republicans are running. They would be ecstatic if any of Walker. Bush, Christie, Paul etc. won the nomination.

They know for countless reasons the republicans have one candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes and his name is Marco Rubio. The Clintons know this as well their no fools. Quite the coincidence she declares the DAY BEFORE Rubio, to take away from his announcement. That would be one heck of a coincidence.

There is one other candidate that had a path to 270 electoral votes running on the republican side and his name is Jeb Bush. Unfortunately, for him we have had two Bush presidents already and the country isn't ready for a third. So unfortunately for him he is eliminated, even though if his last name wasn't Bush he would be the only candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes like Marco Rubio.

Democrats fear Marco Rubio for good reason.

Your 2016 election will be Rubio vs. Clinton. We will see who wins, it will be an EXTREMELY close election.

He's a generic hack. His race is his only selling point.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #784 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:19 PM »

Romney and McCain both faced significant opposition in the primaries, and indeed, both could have easily been defeated (and almost were). And Rubio can win Florida, I don't doubt that. But will he win OH and VA? And will he win WI, NH, or CO, which are the extra states needed to have a pathway to victory? I highly doubt that. Not this time around at least. 2020 or 2024 is a different story.

When the Republican bigwigs sit down and pick the strongest candidate, they will pick the next in line, like they literally always have. And that next in line, like him or not, is Jeb Bush.

While i Agree with a lot of what you said, I disagree this time. Most times would it be Jeb 100% but i think Republicans are ready for a change with the next in line. Also, Romney's guy is Rubio right now and will help him for all the reasons i posted above beat Jeb in a primary. Will he come straight out and say it yet? No and were not eve close to that moment.

Rubio can win Florida and if he picks Kasich as his VP he will have a legit chance in Ohio.

Colorado and Nevada are two states he would do great in. There is a path to 270 electoral votes for a Rubio/Kasich ticket.

No jeb Bush will not win if hes the nominee.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #785 on: April 13, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »

While i Agree with a lot of what you said, I disagree this time. Most times would it be Jeb 100% but i think Republicans are ready for a change with the next in line. Also, Romney's guy is Rubio right now and will help him for all the reasons i posted above beat Jeb in a primary. Will he come straight out and say it yet? No and were not eve close to that moment.

Rubio can win Florida and if he picks Kasich as his VP he will have a legit chance in Ohio.

Colorado and Nevada are two states he would do great in. There is a path to 270 electoral votes for a Rubio/Kasich ticket.

No jeb Bush will not win if hes the nominee.

Nevada is close to unwinnable for the republicans. They have a much better chance in PA and WI.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »

Rubio/Martinez ticket and Nevada is in play, heck a Rubio/Kasich ticket could win there if they play their cards right.

Don't forget Rubio also grew up there for a part of his life. Nevada and Miami are his homes.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »

Rubio/Martinez ticket and Nevada is in play, heck a Rubio/Kasich ticket could win there if they play their cards right.

Don't forget Rubio also grew up there for a part of his life. Nevada and Miami are his homes.
Are you going to be a Rubio hack until he drops out after he loses in Florida?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #788 on: April 13, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »

He's worse than any of us Paultards Tongue.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #789 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:15 PM »

Because i listed the reasons why he has the best shot to win 270 electoral votes? I would love to see a path for any of the other nominees to win 270 votes required to win...

Bring up a map and lets see a path for paul, cruz, bush (Best shot) or walker
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #790 on: April 13, 2015, 02:59:45 PM »

Because i listed the reasons why he has the best shot to win 270 electoral votes? I would love to see a path for any of the other nominees to win 270 votes required to win...

I don't think any of them has a particularly good path to 270.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #791 on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

I won't argue with that because I agree, simply believe Rubio has the best shot, simple as that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #792 on: April 13, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »

I won't argue with that because I agree, simply believe Rubio has the best shot, simple as that.
But he doesn't have the best shot, and you don't seem to understand that.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #793 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »

Walker needs to win all of the blue states on the map plus 1 of the 3 green states:

Here's the map for Bush. He needs all of the blue states on the map below, plus one of these three combinations:

1. PA
2. Both OH and VA
3. Both WI and OH
4. Both WI and VA

Of course, if republicans can put Nevada, Michigan, and/or Minnesota in play, it gets (a little) easier.  But I don't see them doing so at this point in time. New Hampshire is only 4 electoral votes and so isn't really all that worth going for, so I didn't bother factoring it into these calculations.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #794 on: April 13, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »

Walker needs to win all of the blue states on the map plus 1 of the 3 green states:

Here's the map for Bush. He needs all of the blue states on the map below, plus one of these three combinations:

1. PA
2. Both OH and VA
3. Both WI and OH
4. Both WI and VA

Of course, if republicans can put Nevada, Michigan, and/or Minnesota in play, it gets (a little) easier.  But I don't see them doing so at this point in time. New Hampshire is only 4 electoral votes and so isn't really all that worth going for, so I didn't bother factoring it into these calculations.
Like I said, none of them have a particularly good path.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #795 on: April 13, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 04:45:55 PM by SMilo »

According to Chuck Todd on Twitter, we may have a Ben Carson entry on May 4th

Will be announced from Detroit.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #796 on: April 13, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

The more the merrier!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #797 on: April 13, 2015, 06:09:11 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #798 on: April 13, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »

To clarify, Carson himself says that he'll announce whether or not he's going to run on May 4th:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-13/carson-to-announce-2016-decision-on-may-4

You must be logged in to read this quote.

May the Fourth be with you!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2015, 06:20:19 PM »

Walker will announce his decision in June.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies